Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst 1234567142954104 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

MousePlanet's David Koenig has some interesting info regarding the future of DCA's Corn Dog Castle:

David Koenig 6/30: Dumbo's Secret Identity
    Will DCA Keep Its Castle?
    Plans are for the Corn Dog Castle, which closed earlier this month, to return to Disney's California Adventure, just not in its original location. Imagineering hopes to relocate the fast-food stand to Carsland by 2012. Could Souvenirs 66 be close behind?

Obviously, this conflicts with information I previously received, which said that Corn Dog Castle and Souvenir 66 would stay in their current locations, just with new theming, and in the case of Souvenir 66, a new name (Seaside Souvenirs).

We'll see what happens... in the mean time, I've updated the Corn Dog Castle entry with details:

Corn Dog Castle retheming
    Details: The quick service dining location was originally said to be undergoing a Victorian-style re-theming in order to match the surrounding area's new theme. A June 30 report from MousePlanet's David Koenig says otherwise, however, indicating the dining location will be moved from its current location and reopen at a new location in Cars Land in 2012.
    Project Status: In progress. Construction walls went up June 1, 2009
    Open Date: Cast Member publications currently list it as returning June 2011, but that date may be in flux and can change, especially if rumors of a Cars Land relocation are true.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 06-30-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

They need in phase 2 to do something about that area along the bay on the south side. There is this wooden canopy with no seating that I recall. There are food stands plopped on the pier and them fake newspapers that are where the strollers park. Stroller and ECV parking is jammed and hard to get into and out of around Toy Story Mania. Hollywood land is more like the skid row of DLR in that there are so many unused areas like the restaurants and the old Millionaire building.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    MousePlanet's David Koenig has some interesting info regarding the future of DCA's Corn Dog Castle:

David Koenig 6/30: Dumbo's Secret Identity
    Will DCA Keep Its Castle?
    Plans are for the Corn Dog Castle, which closed earlier this month, to return to Disney's California Adventure, just not in its original location. Imagineering hopes to relocate the fast-food stand to Carsland by 2012. Could Souvenirs 66 be close behind?

Obviously, this conflicts with information I previously received, which said that Corn Dog Castle and Souvenir 66 would stay in their current locations, just with new theming, and in the case of Souvenir 66, a new name (Seaside Souvenirs).

We'll see what happens... in the mean time, I've updated the Corn Dog Castle entry with details:

Corn Dog Castle retheming
    Details: The quick service dining location was originally said to be undergoing a Victorian-style re-theming in order to match the surrounding area's new theme. A June 30 report from MousePlanet's David Koenig says otherwise, however, indicating the dining location will be moved from its current location and reopen at a new location in Cars Land in 2012.
    Project Status: In progress. Construction walls went up June 1, 2009
    Open Date: Cast Member publications currently list it as returning June 2011, but that date may be in flux and can change, especially if rumors of a Cars Land relocation are true.
    I can tell you right now I am 100% sure Corn Dog Castle is not going in Carsland. It will stay where it is. What I think will happen is that they will move CC and SS more south to take up the space Dino Jack occupied and use the remaining area for the show building for TLM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    I can tell you right now I am 100% sure Corn Dog Castle is not going in Carsland. It will stay where it is. What I think will happen is that they will move CC and SS more south to take up the space Dino Jack occupied and use the remaining area for the show building for TLM.
    Source? Feel free to send me a PM.

If Corn Dog Castle isn't moving to Cars Land, it would likely stay exactly where it is. Moving it mere feet away is too costly. As it is, I believe the space freed up by Dinosaur Jack's Sunglass Shack will be a reworked and expanded queue for Mullholland Madness/Goofy's Sky Skool.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• HauntedOne999

wouldn't demolishing a building just to rebuild it 100 feet to the left be redundant and a waste of money?
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

What about that area inspired off the Cozy Cone Motel? That's an upcoming food location with 'cone' themed foods right?

.. Cone Dogs? Pop Cone?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Thats prob what it is. But for sure it's not like Corn Dog Castle as a food service area on it's own will be in Carland, maybe it will be an option, but CC is too good of real estate to just get rid of. I'm sure there will be more than one location that will serve corndogs.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    What about that area inspired off the Cozy Cone Motel? That's an upcoming food location with 'cone' themed foods right?

.. Cone Dogs? Pop Cone?
    That would be cute, like a mini-food court!

• Banned User

I doubt they will move the two buildings. There is building permits and not moving allows things to stay grandfathered while moving means bringing everything up to the 2009 codes. It would cost a lot to move the buildings also and if they are tearing down buildings then why make replicas of the old building and not put in a combined corn dog stand and shop that would take up less space. Add a dumb waiter and basement to the store for office space and storage.

Mulholland Madness has a very small waiting area and needs more space. They could expand the waiting area and then put in a third gate for guests at DLH and PPH to enter the parks without going through GCH. A third gate would also allow guests to exit there and walk to their cars at Simba or to local hotels.

What are the chances that GSS is actually removed during phase two???
    Moving corn dog castle 100 feet away would be a waste?
    Wouldn't completely retheming a ride and apparently building a new queue only to demolish it be wasting much more money?
    Would it be worth it? Just wondering?

Im not in favor of the whole thing in the first place. Id rather see MM as an eye sore for 5, 6 more years, and then build a brand new attraction in its place rather than spending all that money IMO. I know it would be UGLY...and thats an understatement by all means but still.

• Banned User

Why do they have to rename HPB to Hollywoodland? I think the name Hollywood Pictures Back lot is fine as it is.

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Why do they have to rename HPB to Hollywoodland? I think the name Hollywood Pictures Back lot is fine as it is.
    Because the whole land is deemed as poorly executed
    and overly redundant.

Which is why the land will be transformed into
    a 1930's theme of Hollywood that never was.

A more romantic, ideal and alluring Hollywood.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    After seeing the new Hong Kong Concept Art, I want the Grizzly Gulch Coaster! It's a bit like Big Thunder, but so much cooler looking!

The chances of that or any sort of railway in the Grizzly River area is next to none or zilch. They would have to rebuild the mountain in order to provide the foundations for any new attraction of that sort.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Could someone please summarize what we hope would happen in phase 2?

This is what I think so far:

1. Wrap Around Boardwalk around Fun Wheel
    2. Eastern PP retheming (CA Screamin' queue and carousel cover)
    3. Removal of GSS
    4. Removal of Maliboomer
    5. Hollywoodland placemaking
    6. Removal of extreme sports referneces in Grizzly Peak and addition of animatronic animals.

Does this sound about right or should I be adding/removing things from this list?

Again, this is what I think would happen in Phase 2 -- if there is one of course.

I would not mind it if they took advantage of the design work and idea of the new Mystic Manor for the soon to be built Hong Kong park and integrated a haunted shack with a trackless system in the western helix with the main showroom behind the coaster

• is too darn hot.

Forgive me, but what is GSS?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!