Page 49 of 136 FirstFirst ... 243946474849505152597499 ... LastLast

• Off to Neverland

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Does anyone think they should include charters into WOC for added magic. Like show Pochantas on an actual canoe etc.

• Banned User

There just simply is not way to incorporate any type of characters in a show of this nature. Not only that but Disney really wants this to be all technical, they want to show that you can tell a story with the technology that exists today.

• Fireworks Finatic!

I think it's great they are not simply just lifting segments from the movies. They are actually having animators make new footage for the WOC show. Like Pixar is making new animation with the Toy Story characters. Like Steven said in his presentation, it will look familiar to you, but different because it will be a totally new animated spot. This should be one great show!

• Addicted to MC since '08

I feel that is why some of Fantasmic's animation is not as great as it could be simply because it is all just film clips.. nothing new.

• Banned User

I was watching Steve Davison's WOC presentation, and it struck me that Treasure Planet would be an amazing piece to use on the water screens... at the very least, as a transition between WALL-E and Toy Story. The animation in Treasure Planet is amazing and I've always felt that Treasure Planet wasn't given a fair chance.

Do you guys think that Steve will include lesser-known or less-successful Disney films in the show? I think that including Treasure Planet is a much smaller risk than including Princess and The Frog, which hasn't even finished production yet.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    I think it's great they are not simply just lifting segments from the movies. They are actually having animators make new footage for the WOC show. Like Pixar is making new animation with the Toy Story characters. Like Steven said in his presentation, it will look familiar to you, but different because it will be a totally new animated spot. This should be one great show!
    John Lassater really wanted the Imagineers to come up with new backgrounds/animation etc., because he didn't want the show to be a combination of clips from movies, he wanted it to be a different experience. He also made them travel through Route 66 to experience it as the animators of Cars did. He wanted them to grab inspiration from the experiences on the road as opposed to just the movie.

It sounds as though Chernabog will not have the prop aspect that we were expecting. Steve made it sound as though he would be entirely projection

EDIT: ...The prop aspect we were "speculating"...
    Last edited by DisneyPro; 07-18-2009 at 04:40 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    It sounds as though Chernabog will not have the prop aspect that we were expecting. Steve made it sound as though he would be entirely projection
    Well... I really don't know why people were expecting it. How exactly could they have fit a prop of Chernabog in the lagoon in the first place without excavating a hole in the lagoon?

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Well... I really don't know why people were expecting it. How exactly could they have fit a prop of Chernabog in the lagoon in the first place without excavating a hole in the lagoon?
    It was supposed to be inflatable.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    It was supposed to be inflatable.
    That doesn't make very much sense to me....

It would have to be submerged for most of the day, and while I'm sure Disney could create a durable inflatable puppet, it would still be below the water for long periods of time.. Not to mention.. what would happen during the show when it deflates? It would just sit there and float on the water... and people would complain about "bad show". The idea of an inflatable prop in the middle of the lagoon just seems odd to me. Not to mention that the whole idea of an inflatable prop seems rather tacky to me.

Also.. "supposed to be inflatable"?

I don't remember anyone confirming we would see an actual prop like Chernabog in the lagoon in the first place... only speculation.

• Banned User

I'm glad it won't be inflatable. That would look way too cheap and tacky.

• We Go On.

Also.. "supposed to be inflatable"?

I don't remember anyone confirming we would see an actual prop like Chernabog in the lagoon in the first place... only speculation.
    "Supposed to" as we knew it. Deja vu... I think this happened in another thread.

Anyway, I'm also glad it isn't inflatable... the supposedly amazing projections should be enough to cut it. Besides, how long would it take to inflate something that big?

This was a much better word for what I was trying to express... speculation only.

I know that I speculated about a Chernabog prop being installed earlier on, and many of us did too.

I updated my post.

• Banned User

I was watching Steve Davison's WOC presentation, and it struck me that Treasure Planet would be an amazing piece to use on the water screens... at the very least, as a transition between WALL-E and Toy Story. The animation in Treasure Planet is amazing and I've always felt that Treasure Planet wasn't given a fair chance.

Do you guys think that Steve will include lesser-known or less-successful Disney films in the show? I think that including Treasure Planet is a much smaller risk than including Princess and The Frog, which hasn't even finished production yet.
    Treasure Planet would be a outcast with familiar Disney movies we know and love and then that, yeah I rather it stay out of the picture entirely. I am sure Princess and the Frog will be amazing and shoved down our throats by marketing because it is a princess. That is the difference between the two, Princess is garunteed to be a hit because it is a princess.

• Pilot EdForceOne

That doesn't make very much sense to me....

It would have to be submerged for most of the day, and while I'm sure Disney could create a durable inflatable puppet, it would still be below the water for long periods of time.. Not to mention.. what would happen during the show when it deflates? It would just sit there and float on the water... and people would complain about "bad show". The idea of an inflatable prop in the middle of the lagoon just seems odd to me. Not to mention that the whole idea of an inflatable prop seems rather tacky to me.
    You're thinking one way is the only way to do something.

You could have the 'inflatable' come off a rigid structure that allowed it to be 'pulled' back into it's resting position by retracting the rigid structure. It could all come out of a 'box' that didn't require the structure to stay exposed in the lagoon at all. This doesn't have to be a Macy's day parade balloon. It could have been just something that used inflatables in sections to give the 'creature' some volume.

The Chernobog wasn't just speculation, it was a circulated rumor about the show. Could have just been an early concept that didn't make the cut or just a nasty rumor to start with.

Somewhere someone summarized the show's timeline based on the S. Davidson videos and other materials but for the life of me I can't find the post right now. I don't remember if it included a Chernobog section or not.. none of the concept art shown yet shows any villain stuff I don't think.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged