Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Forgive me, but what is GSS?
    Goofy's Sky Skool

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Goofy's Sky Skool
    Thank you.

Call me crazy, but I enjoy Mullholland Madness/Goofy's Sky School, but I don't think an off-the-shelf Wild Mouse belongs in a Disney park.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Galactic Member

I don't think Disney can do a track less system in California due to state law. I could be wrong but, I thought the state really cracked down on theme parks in CA after the Big Thunder accident.

So the Cars drive in might be like scifi dine in?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    wouldn't demolishing a building just to rebuild it 100 feet to the left be redundant and a waste of money?
    yes it is,

what i have been told is the same information Mastergracy had in his tracker.

The corn dog castle is suppose to get a retheme and lots of landscaping adding and the store building also themed.

I would think that information is more accurate then the idea of moving it to CarsLand.

I do think that eventually Corn Dogs will be sold in Carsland since the idea is to have the cozy cone motel be a collection of fastfood odv's.
    When the farmers market eatery is removed the items being sold there will most likely appear in Carsland.

Eventually if and when GSS is removed the area now used by Dino and CDC would be expansion area for an attraction showroom.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by spacejockey View Post
    I don't think Disney can do a track less system in California due to state law. I could be wrong but, I thought the state really cracked down on theme parks in CA after the Big Thunder accident.
    It's not really trackless. The tracks are under the floor so as to not be visible to guests.

(You can see them under the water in the Tokyo DisneySea Aquatopia ride, which uses the same technology.)

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Forgive me, but what is GSS?
    Don't worry... I was wondering the same thing.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DisDancerina View Post
    So the Cars drive in might be like scifi dine in?
    That has been pushed off till phase 2, if it happens at all. But it won't be in this phase.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    That has been pushed off till phase 2, if it happens at all. But it won't be in this phase.
    Would the actually play movies on a drive in screen? If that is the case i wonder if it will constantly loop a bunch of things.

If they played the "cars" toons that could work. BUt i just dont know how a drive in dining experience would work if they are contstantly showing the same thing.

If they were to have a full length film running, people may end up staying for the duration of the movie, and that could cause a seating problem. Thats why i think they should loop various short films whether they be pixar or original disney shorts (which would be AWESOME)

Obviously i wouldnt know anything about this especially since its a phase two idea at best.

BUT what are everyones thoughts????

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Smontalvo1489 View Post
    Would the actually play movies on a drive in screen? If that is the case i wonder if it will constantly loop a bunch of things.

If they played the "cars" toons that could work. BUt i just dont know how a drive in dining experience would work if they are contstantly showing the same thing.

If they were to have a full length film running, people may end up staying for the duration of the movie, and that could cause a seating problem. Thats why i think they should loop various short films whether they be pixar or original disney shorts (which would be AWESOME)

Obviously i wouldnt know anything about this especially since its a phase two idea at best.

BUT what are everyones thoughts????

Showing short subjects would be ideal. Even when I ate at the Sci-Fi Dine-in in Florida, towards the end of the meal I started seeing repeated footage. And that's probably the goal is to let the people see everything because they might stay longer otherwise.

If people see all there is, they'll leave when they really need to leave.

I can picture them showing Cars Toons and Susie the Blue Coupe, stuff like that. Maybe music videos playing songs about cars mixed with matching "disney" footage. There's a whole lot of stuff they can do.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Showing short subjects would be ideal. Even when I ate at the Sci-Fi Dine-in in Florida, towards the end of the meal I started seeing repeated footage. And that's probably the goal is to let the people see everything because they might stay longer otherwise.

If people see all there is, they'll leave when they really need to leave.

I can picture them showing Cars Toons and Susie the Blue Coupe, stuff like that. Maybe music videos playing songs about cars mixed with matching "disney" footage. There's a whole lot of stuff they can do.
    yea i agree. They have many options IMO. Im just curious to see what they do. The cars toons are the first thing that come to mind. But with something like a projector on a drive in movie screen the possibilities are endless. They could have different loops for each day of the week if they so chose.

They could have pixar shorts days. Classic Disney Shorts days, Music video days etc... i dunno i guess we have to wait and see. And see if it ever comes to fruition.

Can you imagine the instruction manual to run WOC? Slightly more complex than the home DVD player! Does anyone know how many techs it will take to run the show? Great pictures! I just hope they remember to connect everything correctly!
    "I'm surrounded by idiots"

• Banned User

Okay okay, big news. So went and waited for Fantasmic last thursday and standed behind a lady. She asked me if I knew the changes. I answered her and said the Dragon was broken. Then she said oh I never heard of that.

I forgot what happened right after that but then she said that she was one of the people laid off in January during the merge. Basically I followed by bombarding her with rumors I had heard over the internet. Unforuntately she said she was sworn to secretcy and this leads me to believe that the information that she did give is false and just trying to throw in chat rooms off track. Anyways what she said was:

No train around Grizzly Peak. Not enough room, I asked if Redwood Creek trail were to be removed then, nodded her head. This sounds legit

Goofy's Flite School, well she said that it were to be themed to Ratatouille and that it would just get a new facade. Also she said this was not temporary and that she knows because her husband and engineer was working on a retheme for it. I don't believe it

They are not making HPB, Hollywoodland, that is all I asked about that.

No Soarin' Over the world because Soarin' Over CA is too popular.

Again, she said that she was one of the testers for TSMM's shooting system and that they chose the spring action shooters because they were easiest to use for all ages. This is what she first said and led me to believe that most of what she was telling me was true.

In other parks:

She had never heard that Electrical Light Parade was going back to Disneyland and didn't believe it because of the uproar Disney would get because of the people that bought the $75 light bulbs.

Soarin' Over California is going to Hong Kong Disneyland. I first heard it and was like "Yeah right" Then she explained that it was a dream for the people there to go to Disneyland and California and that is why they built a park there. This sounds semi true.

What are your guy's thoughts?

• Nightmare in Wonderland

Well I agree with you that it may be hard to trust the validity of what she told you, however I think a lot of it sounds plausible. Although I too heard the rumor of the train in Grizzly Peak when the DCA redo was first announced, my first though when I heard it was where would there be space for it? So I think no train=true. I also think that Redwood Creek removal could be true in the semi-near future as well, it does have a decent amount of land and could be replaced with a fairly decent dark ride. Although I like the Redwood Creek area, I can't say that I ever stop in there (no kids). I don't know how soon something like this would come though.

I liked Ratatouille a lot so it would be nice to see some representation but I thought the GSS idea worked well too. I don't think they will be getting rid of the ride anytime soon so it makes sense that it would be a permanent re-theme. I know many on here don't particularly like having the generic wild mouse ride in a Disney park, but it seems to always have a line so it is popular enough for them to keep it and just re-theme at a lower cost than putting something new there.

On the fence about what she said about Electrical parade, Soarin', and HBP, but we will see. She may have gotten good information before she got the axe, but that doesn't mean things haven't changed since then. As we know many plans can change quite frequently...

• would love some pie

^^It'll be a long time before Soarin gets to HK, especially after they just announced all the new plans. I can see it as an extension of the new Grizzly area, but that's years down the line.
    KABLAM!

Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast