Page 50 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2540474849505152536075100 ... LastLast

• professional beet farmer

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I was watching Steve Davison's WOC presentation, and it struck me that Treasure Planet would be an amazing piece to use on the water screens... at the very least, as a transition between WALL-E and Toy Story. The animation in Treasure Planet is amazing and I've always felt that Treasure Planet wasn't given a fair chance.

Do you guys think that Steve will include lesser-known or less-successful Disney films in the show? I think that including Treasure Planet is a much smaller risk than including Princess and The Frog, which hasn't even finished production yet.
    I have always been a fan of less popular movies such as Treasure Planet and Atlantis, and personally I would love to see these movies, or even old ones such as The Rescuers to be incorporated into WOC. However, casual Disney fans won't appreciate them as much as some of us would, and it is best that Disney sticks with its popular movies. And as Ice said befor, relating to the Princess and The Frog, any new princess movie is going to be a surefire hit.

Just Watched the World Of Color preview video and WOW that was amazing the video of Lion King on the mist wall looked incredible. Fantasmics water screens look like a an old vhs tape with no tracking in comparison to WOC's Hi-Def

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• Addicted to MC since '08

Spring 2010 can't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    I was merely stating that there was no blue bridge. It was sort of a joke as some people see something in a model or picture and assume wrongly. Yes it will be the existing bridge up to Ariel's Grotto and on toward the boardwalk.

Actually the model is wrong as it clearly shows stairs on both sides coming down from the "parade route". If you go down there you can see the bottom ramp in place already. Ot leads from the main walkway down to the lowest level. I am not sure what is next but there is a lot of work left on that viewing area. The model is not wheelchair friendly as in the disabled being able to get to the water edge.
    sorry did not know you where joking about the bridge.

In regards to the model, are you sure. It has been some time since i saw it but i clearly remember it having the tiers wheelchair accesible in certain areas.

I know the model is not the final product but several aspects of it are very similar.

ok just check out Mints blog because i remember him taking some pictures of the model and if i remember correctly the pathway directly in front of the Dome (next to the small red souvenir cart) is actually an inclined pathway that is leveled to the parade route and leads down to the viewing level in the back of the park.

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...0_UJseE-X3.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...5_NjPxq-X3.jpg

the other side of the model has a similar incline if i remember correctly. One of the reasons for the stairs on the east end of the park is becuase of the elevation of the park when it was first built in 2000. The golden state park hub (Christmas tree point) had a slight incline as you entered the Paradise Pier bridge. So to allow access from that area stairs needed to be added. The level closest to the water also needs to have access from both the east end and west end. The west end always had a pathway leveled to the parade route while the east end had stairs. The new viewing area is very similar. The new tired viewing sections are basically taking the height elevation of what used to be the concrete seating area for the amphitheater. The back side of the theater was leveled to the parade route but as you got closer to the waters edge people had to walk down stairs or go to either end of the area to get down with a wheelchair.
    Last edited by Baloo; 07-18-2009 at 10:37 PM.

The Golden Dreams theatre is about 90% gone. The mural is still standing which was never part of the actual theatre, but at the pace they're going, I dont expect it'll be there tomorrow. Or maybe by Monday.

Not sure how to post pics here but Ive got a pic on my twitter. @boy33.
    -boy33

Twitter: @boy33

• Non-whiner

The main structure of the Golden Dreams Theater was demolished overnight and is now a large pile of rubble. The mural wall, which is a separate structure from the auditorium itself, is still standing, for now. The structure behind the screen area was also still standing but from appearances it will be gone shortly. Sorry no pictures. I knew I wouldn't be posting until late and figured someone would have beat me to this with photos and info. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Edit... ok I was a minute too late... lol

• Use your imagination...

Here is the picture boy33 mentioned that was on his twitter:

• sleepy lagoon

oooh!! Very exciting!! Looking forward to a great big beautiful tomorrow over at DCA!!

And so it begins....

goodbye Whoopie, hello 16 ft. Ursula!

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post

Monorail
    At WDW anyone can take a monorail to Epcot or TTC. That is because no admission fee is required at any spot a person gets off the monorail.

If Disneyland added a stop at DCA then how would they make sure that guests getting on would get off at the right park with a one park ticket. Currently either passengers are currently guests in Disneyland or have to provide an admision medium of some sort. A second park would mean a person could use a one day ticked into Disneyland then they hop to DCA but how do you keep them out of DCA or vice versus?
    Thats actually not the problem. There has been several ideas of how guests flows would be directed depending on what kind of media they had.
    Its just a matter of having alternate queue entrances and holding patterns. Guests would enter a certain queue after their passes are scanned. The monorail they boarded would only make a stop in the appropriate stations depending on how the guests were loaded depending on media.

In other words guests with park hoppers would board one monorail that would make stops at both parks. Guests with one park tickets would be boarded in designated monorails that would only stop at the appropriate station.

That was just one idea. The point is that it could be accomplished. The problem is money and creative differences.

Many people agree that it would have been best for the monorail not to run through the north end of DCA. Instead they would have prefered that it ran on the south end with the possibility of at one point crossing Disneyland drive with a stop somewhere near the Paradise Pier hotel. The issue was where put the stop. It would not work in Carsland and it would even be more dificult to find a proper location anywhere near Paradie Pier near Screamin. those were issues that could be solved

But

The main problem was cost. In order to accomplish that the fleet would have to be expanded with extra monorails to cut wait time. Also the cost of creating more monorail beams and structures that would work with Disneylands old system.

with all that said, the cost of expanding the monorail would have been worth it if the motels and 7-eleven did not exist in the corner of Harbor and Katella. If that was the case then a monorail stop similar to the Downtown Disney one could be built. it would not specifically stop at DCA butinsteda would have stopped on a Disney property hotel with its own gate entrance into DCA.
    Last edited by Baloo; 07-18-2009 at 10:59 PM.

• Banned User

why not just have the toll booths at the stops. If you have a Disneyland ticket, have the turnstils at TL, and if in DCA, have turnstills at that stop, can't get simpler than that.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    why not just have the toll booths at the stops. If you have a Disneyland ticket, have the turnstils at TL, and if in DCA, have turnstills at that stop, can't get simpler than that.
    That would be a nightmare. DCA guests that get off at the TL stop would not be allowed into DL and would then have to wait for the next Monorail to take them on to DCA. Meanwhile you have DL guests who want to board the Monorail.

On top of that you have larger space requirements and new bottlenecks.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Nice exciting piece of midnight news.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Treasure Planet would be a outcast with familiar Disney movies we know and love and then that, yeah I rather it stay out of the picture entirely. I am sure Princess and the Frog will be amazing and shoved down our throats by marketing because it is a princess. That is the difference between the two, Princess is garunteed to be a hit because it is a princess.
    I actually like the idea of treasure planet. The movie had some interesting animation and storyline that incorporated the theme of the sea and sky/space.

The show will be using segments of Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 which could be considered outcast from familiar Disney moments that the average guest would remember. Although most Disney fans will be familiar with the fire bird from fantasia i have a strong feeling that many people will have any idea where the character is from.

Its actually funny but one of my nephews was looking at a picture of the collage of images from WOC and if you pay attention above the Pirate segment which was once suggested you could see the firebird. First thing he thought was that it was the Phoenix from Harry Potter

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Somewhere someone summarized the show's timeline based on the S. Davidson videos and other materials but for the life of me I can't find the post right now. I don't remember if it included a Chernobog section or not.. none of the concept art shown yet shows any villain stuff I don't think.
    yes it will include a chernabog scene. Steve has mentioned that it will be made entirely of water and projections