Page 51 of 136 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    why not just have the toll booths at the stops. If you have a Disneyland ticket, have the turnstils at TL, and if in DCA, have turnstills at that stop, can't get simpler than that.
    The idea was to minimize guest flow problems. If you allow everyone to board the monorail at DTD and lets say they only have tickets to DCA and not Disneyland. where do you hold all the guests disembarking at the tomorrowland station while they decide whether they will upgrade to a parkhopper or redirect them to the loading holding area? Even if ten people did that an hour its ten more people that would have to wait longer at the queue area in the tomorrowland station. The standby waits for the monorail would be huge since the priority would be to board guests that are stranded.

Another issue is where put turnstyles and tollbooths at the monorail station. that area is already very tight since you have the submarine attraction in the same spot.

The easiest thing would be to split the queues and load guests depending on what monorail arrives at the station.

Lets say for example the tomorrowland station.

at one point the queue would split into two. At that point tickets are scanned to varify what queue you are directed to once reavhing the platform.

Castmembers would then hold guests in the queues and allow guests with one kind of media to fill in the holding pens depending one what monorail is due to arrive next.

There are actually several ways to make the system work. The issue is money

• Dream in wonderful color!

*sigh* Goodbye Golden Dreams.. one of my favorite original attractions at DCA. Looking forward to Little Mermaid, but still sad about losing Golden Dreams.. Definitely bittersweet.

anyone else look at the picture and think, Careful with the rotunda!! the bulldozer is so dangerously close to it i'm afraid they will accidentally knock it down :P

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Disney will not install a Monorail that requires holding people for certain monorails and all that.The one feasible way to do this would be to have Disneyland and DCA on separate monorail loops (much like Epcot/MK in Disneyland) that would require a monorail transfer outside of both parks from one parks monorail loop to the next. My plan also had a station built at the MaF structure and a future line to the 3rd Gate (in addition to parking lot upgrades). I also explored the option of having the Disneyland Resort version of the TTC near where the bus loops are in the esplanade. (Even better now considering that tram loop now goes unused.)

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    *sigh* Goodbye Golden Dreams.. one of my favorite original attractions at DCA. Looking forward to Little Mermaid, but still sad about losing Golden Dreams.. Definitely bittersweet.

anyone else look at the picture and think, Careful with the rotunda!! the bulldozer is so dangerously close to it i'm afraid they will accidentally knock it down :P
    The rotunda is quite a distance from the theater. That would have been one bad bulldozer driver if he'd hit the rotunda.

Now, when do the old bathrooms get demolished?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    The rotunda is quite a distance from the theater. That would have been one bad bulldozer driver if he'd hit the rotunda.

Now, when do the old bathrooms get demolished?
    I know, but the bulldozer looked awfully close to the rotunda building in that one picture that was posted earlier.. i'm sure it was due to the angle from which the picture was taken

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I was actually talking with a friend about WoC today and we both agreed that musically and visually, Treasure Planet would be a nice bit... not a huge number but a small one.

Many fans of Disney have never even seen Fantasia 2000 and boy am I glad that the Firebird Suite is in this.. and the whales. What gems.

Best news of all though... no Pirates of the Caribbean!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I was actually talking with a friend about WoC today and we both agreed that musically and visually, Treasure Planet would be a nice bit... not a huge number but a small one.

Many fans of Disney have never even seen Fantasia 2000 and boy am I glad that the Firebird Suite is in this.. and the whales. What gems.

Best news of all though... no Pirates of the Caribbean!
    do we know for sure there will be no PotC in the show? because it does appear in the concept artwork.. granted it's just the skull, but still. who knows - it could end up being one of the surprises Steve Davison talked about

• Banned User

Just a quick response to those who commented on my Treasure Planet idea and said that the movie likely won't be included due to the film's lack of popularity/relevance....

The idea behind what films go into World of Color shouldn't be "What's Popular", it should be "What Works". I think Steve Davison knows that.. and I wouldn't put it past him to use lesser known films in the show.

Pocahontas and Hunchback of Notre Dame aren't the most beloved Disney films, and aren't as fondly remembered as their brethren, but their scenes in World of Color seem to be some of the most pivotal (in Hunchback's case, as part of the fear segment). Fantasia 2000, as coheteboy said, wasn't exactly a big hit, yet it is part of the focus for one of the biggest showcase scenes in the show.

Treasure Planet is a film that may not be the most popular, but it works in the context. That's what should be important in this show.

I wish they could given Mickey a bit of the spotlight for the show. He seems to be absent from the entire show? Why not include Steamboat Willie..? and somehow tie in the transition from black/white cartoons to full color Mickey Mouse cartoons as he enters the World of Color.. just a thought.

whoops. just remembered that Steamboat Willie is shown on the concept artwork.. He is right it in the center of the big sorcerer hat.. I wonder where that scene will fit in and how they will tie it into the show after hearing Steve Davison's presentation.

I wish they could given Mickey a bit of the spotlight for the show. He seems to be absent from the entire show? Why not include Steamboat Willie..? and somehow tie in the transition from black/white cartoons to full color Mickey Mouse cartoons as he enters the World of Color.. just a thought.

whoops. just remembered that Steamboat Willie is shown on the concept artwork.. He is right it in the center of the big sorcerer hat.. I wonder where that scene will fit in and how they will tie it into the show after hearing Steve Davison's presentation.
    Well, Mr. Davison did say that he was not telling us everything and I could imagine us seeing montages of images from other movies sprinkled through out.

I do hope they do occasional variations for holidays and events too.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I was watching Steve Davison's WOC presentation, and it struck me that Treasure Planet would be an amazing piece to use on the water screens... at the very least, as a transition between WALL-E and Toy Story. The animation in Treasure Planet is amazing and I've always felt that Treasure Planet wasn't given a fair chance.
    I thought of this earlier when he said that he wouldn't tell us the transition between the Wall-E and Toy Story scene. I just have a hunch that buzz is going to show up like he did at the beginning of Toy Story 2 in space. Just an idea, it would be cool if it's actually like that. hah

Treasure Planet is a film that may not be the most popular, but it works in the context. That's what should be important in this show.
    Right... the animation in that movie is friggin' gorgeous. But in the case of Fantasia 2000, Hunchback, and Pocahontas... they're at least pretty good movies despite their lack of success. Treasure Planet was just plain bad, at least in my opinion. I think they should kind of avoid including the less popular movies... but if something really works with the show and it has to be in there, it shouldn't matter.

• Member; Mousketeer

just remembered that Steamboat Willie is shown on the concept artwork.. He is right it in the center of the big sorcerer hat.. I wonder where that scene will fit in and how they will tie it into the show after hearing Steve Davison's presentation.
    That scene will be part of the show's finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    yes it will include a chernabog scene. Steve has mentioned that it will be made entirely of water and projections
    from what I've heard around the park it will be water and projection, but not on the mist screens on the platform, but on its own structure that will rise out of the water. We'll see if any such structure gets put in the lagoon in the next couple months. I really hope so.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Here is a photo showing the proximity of the theater and rotunda.

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    from what I've heard around the park it will be water and projection, but not on the mist screens on the platform, but on its own structure that will rise out of the water. We'll see if any such structure gets put in the lagoon in the next couple months. I really hope so.

This thing showed up in May. It's a telescoping column. It was discussed a couple of zillion posts earlier in the thread.

They placed it in the pit at the back of the platform temporarily. You can see the top of it is extended a little in this picture.

My best guess (admittedly, I haven't been doing very well for a while with the guessing) is that this thing extends vertically as part of the Chernabog. It's not my subject (generally this is a good time to stop typing but I'll proceed anyway) but the input line is only on one end that I can see and it's kind of small so I'd think that's a pressurized gas input. It might be a telescoping pneumatic cylinder which actually raises the thing.

One side of that pit is slanted a lot rather than vertical. That might be so that some hardware could be mounted on a rack which rotates so it can sit horizontally out of sight underwater when not in use. Or maybe that's just for access.