Page 52 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102 ... LastLast

• Addicted to MC since '08

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Is it too large to be one of those lifters for the "Projection Domes" Steve talked about during the Wall-E sequence? He said they would rise up out of the lagoon.

• Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Someone filmed Steve Davison's presentation of the World of Color. This show is going to pack in the crowds for years to come. I really can't wait to see this next spring!! Even just the tests they were running last year looked awesome, so the final project HAS to be good. Also, couldn't they do a holiday overlay with this? I know I'm going to be martyred for this, but there's enough Disney films out there for Christmas, and Halloween, that they could do it, but that's years down the road. First the regular, then the optional seasonal change...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfyoqR1lX_Y]YouTube - Disney's World of Color Preview - Steven Davison - Part 1[/ame] First
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN1mJ0drBs4]YouTube - Disney's Word of Color Preview - Steven Davison - Part 2[/ame] Second
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLqLms0YcY]YouTube - Disney's World of Color Preview - Steven Davison - Part 3[/ame] Third

• Banned User

There are plans to have seasonal versions and also different versions in the future. This is going to be their "fireworks". And yes, they will have daytime shows, but they're still trying to figure out how that will work.

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Is it too large to be one of those lifters for the "Projection Domes" Steve talked about during the Wall-E sequence? He said they would rise up out of the lagoon.
    Frame grab from the WOC video

It's hard to be sure from the video but I think the "projection domes" he's refering to are the small domes on the deck rather than a big thing in back. When he's talking about the domes, the image shows three of the mist projection screens in the back, one to the side, and then eight little round things on the deck. Steve says the domes become planets. Either I'm missing one or the Disney guys decided to go with the astronomer crowd and demote Pluto.

I've seen fountains before which have a nozzle at the top of a pipe which sprays out horizontally in all directions. As the water falls it creates the shape of a hemisphere (actually I would think it's actually a paraboloid distorted a little by the water viscosity). That would create a 3D shape they could project onto. They could change the shape of the things by changing the pressure or maybe also by changing the shape of the nozzle. I've only seen little ones but they do look like little domes. Or they might just be made of lots of smaller streams which appear to be one surface to make it easier to scale them up. In any case, it seems like a nice idea to build 3D water shapes to project onto so parts of the show aren't just flat projection screens.

So I think this telescoping gizmo is too big. It's got at least five sections and it's easily more than ten feet long so it will stick way up into the air when extended. Plus we've only seen one of these and there's only one pit, whereas Steve always refers to domes in the plural.

After watching the video again, I see where he says "The Chernabog is created completely out of water as a projection piece." Well... maybe the water Chernabog still has a telescoping spine. Or maybe it's for something else.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    And yes, they will have daytime shows, but they're still trying to figure out how that will work.
    I hope not, I rather have daytime spectacular (parade) nighttime spectacular (WoC)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I hope not, I rather have daytime spectacular (parade) nighttime spectacular (WoC)
    It would actually be shows that last a minute or two every 15 minutes, or something like that. It won't be like a full scale show during the day and then, WoC at night. Kinda how the Belagio has shows every 15 mins even in the day.

• Member; Mousketeer

It would actually be shows that last a minute or two every 15 minutes, or something like that. It won't be like a full scale show during the day and then, WoC at night. Kinda how the Belagio has shows every 15 mins even in the day.
    That would be adequate.

Now these daytime shows would
    play music correct?

Oh, and I agree with Flynn below.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I think it would be cool to have just pure WATER shows during the day (kinda like what you get at Belliago) and then in the evening for the main show you add light, color, projection, etc.

So during the day.. dancing fountains.. at night - WoC.

I think that strikes a nice balance.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Hmm... those poles are interesting. Could they have anything to do with the fire effects?

I wonder how fast the platform will be able to move up and down between its show, work, and lowest position.

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I think it would be cool to have just pure WATER shows during the day (kinda like what you get at Belliago) and then in the evening for the main show you add light, color, projection, etc.

And if it includes some subtle music it could add some activity and character to the area. I mean, I like the Beach Boys but daytime choreagraphed music using the fountains could add a really nice (and programmable) ambiance to the area.

I'm not sure where I remember it from, but as a kid I remember playing somewhere where they had simple tunes played on bells in the background. So we'd be playing in the summer amongst these beautiful eucalyptus trees with simple music in the background ringing through the area. It may have been in the San Diego Zoo or Balboa park (a big park in San Diego). It was very effective at setting the mood.

I think the fountains could definitely add to the ambiance more than just playback on speakers throughout the park. It's something you can sit and watch in the bay while you rest your feet. And having activity in the bay would put something into an area which is currently kind of quiet in the daytime.

• Banned User

As to if there will be music is yet to be decided, but there will be quarterly/hourly, or what ever shows. It will all go great with the rising stage for performers.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post

The only problem I would have with this is that some tourist might think they already saw the show during the day then skip out on it at night not knowing they missed the main feature. People do check their brain at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Well, Mr. Davison did say that he was not telling us everything and I could imagine us seeing montages of images from other movies sprinkled through out.

I do hope they do occasional variations for holidays and events too.
    It wouldn't surprise me if some of the other segments they had in mind appear in the show some time int he future. Steve and John had said before that they worke don some segments that were later cut due to time constraint and scene arrangements. The one scene they showed with the "CARS" characters during the testing phase supposedly was one that they really wanted to include but it did not fit the storyline for the show.

I could actually see them using it for cross promotion when the land or the movie premier.

My hope is that they keep this show fresh and every four year sor so that they change scenes and effects. The infrustructure is in place it would just be a matter of creating the new animation and programing for the new segments

As to if there will be music is yet to be decided, but there will be quarterly/hourly, or what ever shows. It will all go great with the rising stage for performers.
    I was thinking a morning meet and greet show like at TDL with Mickey and the gang in period costumes where they come and dance around and then meet their fans. Then in the end Mickey could 'conduct' the fountains for the finally.