Page 6 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156106 ... LastLast

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Want there concept art out there from a book that had art from this proposed train ride in the GRR area. I rememeber seeing it.

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    They are not making HPB, Hollywoodland, that is all I asked about that.
    This one I absolutely do not believe.

There have been hints and tidbits that this part of the
    park would be receiving retheming and enhancements
    based upon a 1930's Hollywood.

Especially since the Red Trolleys (their reference
    to the time period) will be going through
    this land consistantly.

She had never heard that Electrical Light Parade was going back to Disneyland and didn't believe it because of the uproar Disney would get because of the people that bought the $75 light bulbs.
    This too is false.

The Electrical Parade has to return to Main Street because
    of the construction the park will undertake to create
    Buena Vista Street.

• I'm not really here

I'm thinking we've got some truth and some false to this. She may have been told these things and honestly believes them... but they either changed, or were false rumors to start with. Hard to tell which.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Okay okay, big news. So went and waited for Fantasmic last thursday and standed behind a lady. She asked me if I knew the changes. I answered her and said the Dragon was broken. Then she said oh I never heard of that.

I forgot what happened right after that but then she said that she was one of the people laid off in January during the merge. Basically I followed by bombarding her with rumors I had heard over the internet. Unforuntately she said she was sworn to secretcy and this leads me to believe that the information that she did give is false and just trying to throw in chat rooms off track. Anyways what she said was:
    interesting that she would claim to know other things but would not know the most talked about problem in Disneyland summer program

No train around Grizzly Peak. Not enough room, I asked if Redwood Creek trail were to be removed then, nodded her head. This sounds legit
    False there is room for a possible train around the Grizzly peak. The thing holding it back is money as for the redwood trail, the area has been considered for future development. The idea is to build an attraction that could be enjoyed by a bigger margin of guests.

Goofy's Flite School, well she said that it were to be themed to Ratatouille and that it would just get a new facade. Also she said this was not temporary and that she knows because her husband and engineer was working on a retheme for it. I don't believe it
    semi true, for a while during design phase for the DCA redevelopment there were two competing attractions for that corner of the park. A new crush coaster similar to the one in Paris but with new storyline and special effects and a Ratatouille coaster. Many in WDI pushed for the Crush attraction because their design would have had lots of awesome rockwork that went well with the coastline and not to far away Mermaid attraction. Another group pushed for Ratatouille which would had been themed to fit the eatery next door. at the end neither was decided and the mullholland madness to goofy came into play as a temporary addition until something else for the whole northern area was designed and properly budgeted

They are not making HPB, Hollywoodland, that is all I asked about that.
    Not true, there are ideas thrown around to add additional theming to the area and make it more fitting to the rest of the park especially the entrance. There are also idea to add more attraction to the area.

No Soarin' Over the world because Soarin' Over CA is too popular.
    no comment since there is no such movie filmed and have never really looked into the rumor

In other parks:

She had never heard that Electrical Light Parade was going back to Disneyland and didn't believe it because of the uproar Disney would get because of the people that bought the $75 light bulbs.
    The electrical parade is as of right now moving to Disneyland due to all the logistical problems it will create in DCA once more construction walls start appearing in a few months. The idea is to move it to Disneyland and possibly upgrade more floats with new technology as well as removing others and replacing them with new floats Basically the idea is to evolve slowly change out old floats with new ones similar to the way the Christmas parade has been updated. If all construction goes well in DCA and the park sees and upswing then after CarsLand we might see a new night parade for DCA

Soarin' Over California is going to Hong Kong Disneyland. I first heard it and was like "Yeah right" Then she explained that it was a dream for the people there to go to Disneyland and California and that is why they built a park there. This sounds semi true.

What are your guy's thoughts?

To Disney Soarin' has become one of their franchise attractions which could and will most likely be duplicated in all the resorts. as of right now there are no plans to clone it for Hong Kong but don't be surprised if it shows up in one of the other international resorts If you ask me i don't think that i belongs in any of the Magic kingdom parks unless the technology is used but with a different theming element

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Want there concept art out there from a book that had art from this proposed train ride in the GRR area. I rememeber seeing it.
    Were you thinking of this thread?
    If so there doesn't seem to be evidence of a train for GRR, but I remember reading about it as well. Al posted the news, then also the news regarding the lack of support in the mountain to allow a train at all.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

However, one thing I forgot to mention, is clearly true. On Thursday she said that TSMM was going to all the resorts. Sure enough, two days later, HKDL Toy Storyland. Again, I think a good amount was just to throw all the chat rooms off track. I believe some and not others.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    but they either changed, or were false rumors to start with. Hard to tell which.
    I think it is a combo of both.

• Banned User

However, one thing I forgot to mention, is clearly true. On Thursday she said that TSMM was going to all the resorts. Sure enough, two days later, HKDL Toy Storyland. Again, I think a good amount was just to throw all the chat rooms off track. I believe some and not others.
    But HKDL is not getting TSMM yet are they? I didn't see anything that might be TSMM in the concept art for the Toy Story Land. Maybe they'll get it in future expansions? There is some land next to where Toy Story Land is going. They could probably put it in there somewhere.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    But HKDL is not getting TSMM yet are they? I didn't see anything that might be TSMM in the concept art for the Toy Story Land. Maybe they'll get it in future expansions? There is some land next to where Toy Story Land is going. They could probably put it in there somewhere.
    There is not. But really doesn't it seem highly probable that since they are getting an entire land devoted to the movie that they will get an extremely popular ride.

• Pilot EdForceOne

The Toy Story MM being used in other resorts is a tidbit that has been out there for awhile. Blueskydisney discussed it back in April.

Blue Sky Disney: Blue Sky Buzz: Toys For Everyone...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The Toy Story MM being used in other resorts is a tidbit that has been out there for awhile. Blueskydisney discussed it back in April.

Blue Sky Disney: Blue Sky Buzz: Toys For Everyone...
    Funny thing is, my mom said that I was always on Disney sites trying to find the latest rumors, and then the lady asked about Mouseplanet.com I said, I don't go there but I go to BlueSkyDisney alot. She was like "Ah," and knew exactly what it was. She continued on to say that it is run by someone on the inside they just don't know who.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Funny thing is, my mom said that I was always on Disney sites trying to find the latest rumors, and then the lady asked about Mouseplanet.com I said, I don't go there but I go to BlueSkyDisney alot
    If you don't already... you should try using an RSS aggregator so you can get the news and blog postings from all your sources in one place rather then having to go around to all the various sites.

I use http://www.bloglines.com so my feeds are always up to date and available from any computer, rather then using a local reader, etc. This way I get all the articles from Miceage, JillHill, Mouseplanet, Bluesky, Reimagineering, etc without having to check the sites all the time. I see when there are new posts, and I can read them right there.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

I little bee buzzed in and says that a certain Orange will start rotting away earlier than July 27 but instead is now July 14, and that Timon is leaving his lot for good July 6 so that some new cars can start.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    (Re: Hollywoodland) Not true, there are ideas thrown around to add additional theming to the area and make it more fitting to the rest of the park especially the entrance. There are also idea to add more attraction to the area.

(re: Soarin over the World) no comment since there is no such movie filmed and have never really looked into the rumor

Regarding Hollywoodland, it was something officially dreamed up at WDI and unveiled last year to employees. Whether or not it becomes a reality, well... it's just too soon for that. Even if they currently say it's scrapped, it could always come back.

On Soarin World, it was never official. It was wishful thinking and something that Marty Sklar brought up as well. He was hoping that they would make one by 2013, but there is nothing to support that it will actually happen at this point.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Were you thinking of this thread?
    If so there doesn't seem to be evidence of a train for GRR, but I remember reading about it as well. Al posted the news, then also the news regarding the lack of support in the mountain to allow a train at all.
    yeah that book but http://http://micechat.com/forums/di...ept-art-5.html is the page with train evidence

Page 6 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156106 ... LastLast