Page 61 of 136 FirstFirst ... 113651585960616263647186111 ... LastLast

• Yearning for Disneyland

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Tell me about it. Even if the show isn't as....HUGE and MINDBLOWING and whatnot as it's being hyped up to be, it will still be fantastic...really, how can you ruin a concept like this? I honestly can't see how. WoC is going to be AMAZING.

...and just a little bit of pixie dust!
    http://www.spareoom.net

• Banned User

I really think the grid placement of the fountains is absolute genius! It allows for a lot more versatility. They will create unique shapes and recreate icons and etc. I think this is how the rumored SBC will be created. I can't wait I am sooo hyped up for the show!! And I can't wait to see them start testing the show!

• We Go On.

^SBC... as in Sleeping Beauty Castle?

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    ^SBC... as in Sleeping Beauty Castle?
    That is correct. There's a rumor going around that the fountains will go into the sky in the shape of Sleeping Beauty Castle. If this ends up being true this fountain show will be one of, if not maybe THE best, live show I have ever seen.

<Joe>

• Banned User

I wonder how they are going to pull that off..

If they do, I'll be all watery-eyed haha.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Also from the D23 interview:

"Bob Weis: It's also working with the restaurant too. Ariel's restaurant is right in some of the best sight lines of the show. And I think it will be a great place to sit and watch the show like some of our other restaurants around the world too. So it's going to be this wonderful nighttime play."

Is he talking about the lower portion of the restaurant that goes out into the water? Also if the restaurant is open, I wonder if they will keep the cove bar open. Wonder if the sight lines from the bar would be any good? I can already see my self having a beer with the show playing in the background. That would be amazing.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Addicted to MC since '08

And now we know too that that you will be able to walk fully around the lagoon during the show, as I previously thought that they would close of the pier side of PP similar to how Fantasyland and Toontown close for the fireworks.

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    And now we know too that that you will be able to walk fully around the lagoon during the show, as I previously thought that they would close of the pier side of PP similar to how Fantasyland and Toontown close for the fireworks.
    Are you sure about that?

Look, click here.
    Go to post #161.

• MC, this is LD

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't FL and TT close because of Pyro fallout? If it were a seeing it from the backside thing then, wouldn't the whole north side of the park be closed? You wouldn't be able to view them from IASW mall then.

--KAN

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Rob™ View Post
    Are you sure about that?

Look, click here.
    Go to post #161.
    Yes, PP would probably close, but they won't force you out. It would probably be the same procedures they do now. They let the guests take their time to leave the area. Sometimes I see people staying to see the fireworks from PP well after the area is closed. So people would probably be allowed to lag behind and watch the show from behind.

• Nightmare in Wonderland

Lot's on interesting info in the D23 article. In addition to what others quoted I am glad they are planning now to allow it to continually be changed and upgraded with minimal effort. I also can't wait for holiday versions... maybe an all villains show for Halloween, Christmas music and show, maybe even 4th of July, New Years, etc. down the line. This way they won't run into any of the issues like they have with upgrading F! and having so many opportunities for errors.... just reprogram and let it run.

Here is a link for those who haven't read it:
    D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans

• Disneyman

Way too many acronyms to keep up with...

they had no intentions of closing off the boardwalk, that would force everyone to the north end of the pier creating huge guest flow issues.

The idea was to close off some attractions that were on the waters edge but the ones that still had guests in line and are away from the waters edge would continue to cycle the guests until they were all through. The park would be closed by then
    Last edited by Baloo; 07-22-2009 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob™ View Post
    Are you sure about that?

Look, click here.
    Go to post #161.
    I just went with this thought due to what I read in the interview:

Q: What are the best sight lines around the lagoon to view the show?
    Sayre: The deepest part of the fountain structure is right there in the center of the viewing area. Our viewing count actually goes from the bridge all the way past the viewing area to the Zephyr. So that's really where the show is at its best. We did a CGI test and the show also looks incredible from the back by Paradise Pier. It's different and you see the production in a different way, but it's really unique back there as well. I know it looks a little bit skewed to the left in the plans but it's actually designed to be that way.
    And I guess Sayre Wiseman answered the question, not Steven.

Here is another answer:

Q: I have two online speculations that I'd like you to clear up. First, are there any bad places around the lagoon to see the show? And the other speculation is about interactive elements around the lagoon such as Mickey's Fun Wheel and the big fountain in the seating area.
    Steven: We've done a lot of fun little mockups to actually test these activities. And that's one of the goals — by the end of the show or even when you start doing these things that will come online later, we want the fountain to be a living character. We want it to be living water, that it can be humorous. Again, what Disney does really well is taking things that can be inanimate and making them animated in wonderful ways and giving them personalities. That's why went after the Little Squirt character. He's very funny in the show and you will get the personality because we are mixing music and the texture of water to kind of create that and make it happen. We have a big solid massive viewing area that has great viewing. I have a thing that we call reverse water where you can actually watch the show from behind and you can actually back stand there and get a different viewing experience. We do have some limitations when it gets by the sun wheel, because there is a lot of blocking that's happening, so that's not premium viewing for the show. But when we set out to make a big area, we did it pretty well I think. So there's going to be what we call the rated yellow areas around the lagoon, but we have the capacity for a lot of people.
    So it does appear that there will be a few areas, such as the Fun Wheel that will be blocked off. However, the entire pier will not be blocked off as seen in post #161.