Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358108 ... LastLast

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Question Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Hey, I Heard A Rumor That Disney Was Developing A Ride On The First Ever Live Action Film By Pixar, "1906", And That They Would Build It In California Adventures, And They Would Only Build It If The Movie Was A Success.

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

I do have to disagree on the new Soarin' movie. I dont want to bring DCA down or deprive it from getting something new, but I think the California film would fit better in DCA, and send the World film to Epcot. Makes more sense in the theming. Maybe just improve on the California Film, make it clearer brighter....that kind of stuff.

• Banned User

1906 is about the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. It does not even have a set date but about 2012 or 2013. That would be after phase 1 is over in theory. I will wait to see how Newt does.

Other than an ride like the Earthquakes at Universal Studios how could that be a ride. They have not done anything with Wall-E, Up or Ratatouille. Though almost every Pixar movies seems to have at least one ride, restaurant, show or other thing tied to it.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    I do have to disagree on the new Soarin' movie. I dont want to bring DCA down or deprive it from getting something new, but I think the California film would fit better in DCA, and send the World film to Epcot. Makes more sense in the theming. Maybe just improve on the California Film, make it clearer brighter....that kind of stuff.
    I agree, this may sound crazy but having a new sorin at Epcot would make me more likely to visit WDW then if we also got it here at DCA. Also the theming would be better for both parks. CA in DCA and the World at Epcot.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    Other than an ride like the Earthquakes at Universal Studios how could that be a ride.
    First off, 1906 is about more than just the earthquake. It involves all San Fransisco and is about the changing of the world. The old world of the barbary pirates and horse drawn carts is coming to an end and a new world is dawning. The ride could focus on the other aspects of the film. Also, Universal has a limited view of an earthquake. A modern special effects show set in a modern subway station. Disney could do something completely different. More of a darkride with the earthquake being the finale of the ride. Your horseless carriage zipping around the buildings as they crumble.

And as for San Fransisco ride ideas, Disney has had them before. For the Amercian Waterfront area of TDS. They wanted a Mr Toad's Wild Ride type attraction where guests would board a car in early San Fransisco and careen through the city. Destroying a fireworks factory in Chinatown, speeding down Lombard Street, and swerving over the boardwalks and piers of the Barbary Coast. Throw an earthquake in there and you have a great DCA attraction, based on a movie or not.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    Here's a screenshot from this week's "Midweek Update" on CAST TV:

...The host adds that the Blue Sky Cellar will open with an updated show on July 16th.
    Hey, thanks for those updates!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    First off, 1906 is about more than just the earthquake. It involves all San Fransisco and is about the changing of the world. The old world of the barbary pirates and horse drawn carts is coming to an end and a new world is dawning. The ride could focus on the other aspects of the film. Also, Universal has a limited view of an earthquake. A modern special effects show set in a modern subway station. Disney could do something completely different. More of a darkride with the earthquake being the finale of the ride. Your horseless carriage zipping around the buildings as they crumble.

And as for San Fransisco ride ideas, Disney has had them before. For the Amercian Waterfront area of TDS. They wanted a Mr Toad's Wild Ride type attraction where guests would board a car in early San Fransisco and careen through the city. Destroying a fireworks factory in Chinatown, speeding down Lombard Street, and swerving over the boardwalks and piers of the Barbary Coast. Throw an earthquake in there and you have a great DCA attraction, based on a movie or not.
    I agree, I would love to see an attraction like this be built in DCA, if the only way they will do it if they can tie it in with the movie, fine. DCA really needs an iconic attraction that supports its theme like this.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    Exactly! DCA needs CALIFORNIA. Soarin' over The World isn't about California. Epcot is more about the world.
    -Tyler

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
    Hey, I Heard A Rumor That Disney Was Developing A Ride On The First Ever Live Action Film By Pixar, "1906", And That They Would Build It In California Adventures, And They Would Only Build It If The Movie Was A Success.
    Word on the street is that Brad Bird's 1906 is only co-financed by Disney/Pixar and Warner Brothers, and will be released and distributed under Warner Brothers Pictures. So one can't really claim this to be Pixar's first live action film. It will be produced by Spring Creek Productions and Warner Brothers Pictures.

If Disney does bring this attraction to a Disney Park, they will have licensing agreements involved. But this doesn't mean it won't happen.

It's hard to believe this rumor to be true since it is so early in the game. The movie is still a ways away and still being rewritten. If there is a lick of truth to this rumor it still isn't certain due to how many other projects are on their way to the Park. What can be assumed is that it is only Blue Sky at this point and an idea proposed for a possible Phase Two project or simply post Phase One. One can only assume this if true.

And if this did find its way out of Blue Sky and into the rumor mill, someone at WDI really has loose lips. It doesn't seem likely it's already making its way out of the early stages of concept design if true. This makes me believe this is simply fabricated or info misinterpreted. But this is only speculation, so who knows. Time to try and push some good info out of some friends.

It wouldn't surprise me if WDI has had some sort of SF ride pitched in various formats over the last 15+ years. It is a natural story line and the SF Earthquake and Fire would make an exciting element.
    The Mur

• HauntedOne999

QUESTION

Since work is supposedly starting on Carsland... do you think the connection between TOT and Bugsland will open first... and do you think the backside of TOT will get an upgrade since guests will see it on a regular basis?
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    QUESTION

Since work is supposedly starting on Carsland... do you think the connection between TOT and Bugsland will open first... and do you think the backside of TOT will get an upgrade since guests will see it on a regular basis?
    No, and no at least for a long time.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

They should make soarin have both the world and california versions as there is two theaters that branch off anyway.

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    They should make soarin have both the world and california versions as there is two theaters that branch off anyway.
    But that would not any thematic sense.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I think it could make perfect sence, expecially if it started and ended in Disneyland. They are most likely going to put the new version in by itself in DCA, so I think that this option would be awesome.

Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358108 ... LastLast