Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358108 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 2033
  1. #106

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA
    Posts
    269

    Question Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Hey, I Heard A Rumor That Disney Was Developing A Ride On The First Ever Live Action Film By Pixar, "1906", And That They Would Build It In California Adventures, And They Would Only Build It If The Movie Was A Success.

  2. #107

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    862

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    I do have to disagree on the new Soarin' movie. I dont want to bring DCA down or deprive it from getting something new, but I think the California film would fit better in DCA, and send the World film to Epcot. Makes more sense in the theming. Maybe just improve on the California Film, make it clearer brighter....that kind of stuff.

  3. #108

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    546

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    1906 is about the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. It does not even have a set date but about 2012 or 2013. That would be after phase 1 is over in theory. I will wait to see how Newt does.

    Other than an ride like the Earthquakes at Universal Studios how could that be a ride. They have not done anything with Wall-E, Up or Ratatouille. Though almost every Pixar movies seems to have at least one ride, restaurant, show or other thing tied to it.

  4. #109

    • AKA: Indyiluvu
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    981

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    I do have to disagree on the new Soarin' movie. I dont want to bring DCA down or deprive it from getting something new, but I think the California film would fit better in DCA, and send the World film to Epcot. Makes more sense in the theming. Maybe just improve on the California Film, make it clearer brighter....that kind of stuff.
    I agree, this may sound crazy but having a new sorin at Epcot would make me more likely to visit WDW then if we also got it here at DCA. Also the theming would be better for both parks. CA in DCA and the World at Epcot.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

    FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

    FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

    FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

    FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

    FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

  5. #110

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Riverside Ca
    Posts
    1,518

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    Other than an ride like the Earthquakes at Universal Studios how could that be a ride.
    First off, 1906 is about more than just the earthquake. It involves all San Fransisco and is about the changing of the world. The old world of the barbary pirates and horse drawn carts is coming to an end and a new world is dawning. The ride could focus on the other aspects of the film. Also, Universal has a limited view of an earthquake. A modern special effects show set in a modern subway station. Disney could do something completely different. More of a darkride with the earthquake being the finale of the ride. Your horseless carriage zipping around the buildings as they crumble.

    And as for San Fransisco ride ideas, Disney has had them before. For the Amercian Waterfront area of TDS. They wanted a Mr Toad's Wild Ride type attraction where guests would board a car in early San Fransisco and careen through the city. Destroying a fireworks factory in Chinatown, speeding down Lombard Street, and swerving over the boardwalks and piers of the Barbary Coast. Throw an earthquake in there and you have a great DCA attraction, based on a movie or not.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

  6. #111

    • I'm not really here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Too Far From Disneyland
    Posts
    11,241

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    Here's a screenshot from this week's "Midweek Update" on CAST TV:

    ...The host adds that the Blue Sky Cellar will open with an updated show on July 16th.
    Hey, thanks for those updates!

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

  7. #112

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    First off, 1906 is about more than just the earthquake. It involves all San Fransisco and is about the changing of the world. The old world of the barbary pirates and horse drawn carts is coming to an end and a new world is dawning. The ride could focus on the other aspects of the film. Also, Universal has a limited view of an earthquake. A modern special effects show set in a modern subway station. Disney could do something completely different. More of a darkride with the earthquake being the finale of the ride. Your horseless carriage zipping around the buildings as they crumble.

    And as for San Fransisco ride ideas, Disney has had them before. For the Amercian Waterfront area of TDS. They wanted a Mr Toad's Wild Ride type attraction where guests would board a car in early San Fransisco and careen through the city. Destroying a fireworks factory in Chinatown, speeding down Lombard Street, and swerving over the boardwalks and piers of the Barbary Coast. Throw an earthquake in there and you have a great DCA attraction, based on a movie or not.
    I agree, I would love to see an attraction like this be built in DCA, if the only way they will do it if they can tie it in with the movie, fine. DCA really needs an iconic attraction that supports its theme like this.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  8. #113

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    311

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    I do have to disagree on the new Soarin' movie. I dont want to bring DCA down or deprive it from getting something new, but I think the California film would fit better in DCA, and send the World film to Epcot. Makes more sense in the theming. Maybe just improve on the California Film, make it clearer brighter....that kind of stuff.
    Exactly! DCA needs CALIFORNIA. Soarin' over The World isn't about California. Epcot is more about the world.
    -Tyler

  9. #114

    • Hall Of Promise
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Posts
    668

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
    Hey, I Heard A Rumor That Disney Was Developing A Ride On The First Ever Live Action Film By Pixar, "1906", And That They Would Build It In California Adventures, And They Would Only Build It If The Movie Was A Success.
    Word on the street is that Brad Bird's 1906 is only co-financed by Disney/Pixar and Warner Brothers, and will be released and distributed under Warner Brothers Pictures. So one can't really claim this to be Pixar's first live action film. It will be produced by Spring Creek Productions and Warner Brothers Pictures.

    If Disney does bring this attraction to a Disney Park, they will have licensing agreements involved. But this doesn't mean it won't happen.

    It's hard to believe this rumor to be true since it is so early in the game. The movie is still a ways away and still being rewritten. If there is a lick of truth to this rumor it still isn't certain due to how many other projects are on their way to the Park. What can be assumed is that it is only Blue Sky at this point and an idea proposed for a possible Phase Two project or simply post Phase One. One can only assume this if true.

    And if this did find its way out of Blue Sky and into the rumor mill, someone at WDI really has loose lips. It doesn't seem likely it's already making its way out of the early stages of concept design if true. This makes me believe this is simply fabricated or info misinterpreted. But this is only speculation, so who knows. Time to try and push some good info out of some friends.

  10. #115

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,191

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    It wouldn't surprise me if WDI has had some sort of SF ride pitched in various formats over the last 15+ years. It is a natural story line and the SF Earthquake and Fire would make an exciting element.
    The Mur
    ______________________________________________
    Two different worlds.....we live in two different worlds

  11. #116

    • HauntedOne999
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    San Pedro, CA
    Posts
    941

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    QUESTION

    Since work is supposedly starting on Carsland... do you think the connection between TOT and Bugsland will open first... and do you think the backside of TOT will get an upgrade since guests will see it on a regular basis?
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

    "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

    Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

  12. #117

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    QUESTION

    Since work is supposedly starting on Carsland... do you think the connection between TOT and Bugsland will open first... and do you think the backside of TOT will get an upgrade since guests will see it on a regular basis?
    No, and no at least for a long time.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  13. #118

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,096
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    They should make soarin have both the world and california versions as there is two theaters that branch off anyway.

  14. #119

    • Member; Mousketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    697

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    They should make soarin have both the world and california versions as there is two theaters that branch off anyway.
    But that would not any thematic sense.

  15. #120

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,096
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

    I think it could make perfect sence, expecially if it started and ended in Disneyland. They are most likely going to put the new version in by itself in DCA, so I think that this option would be awesome.

Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358108 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker V
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2008
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 08:09 AM
  2. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker IV
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2018
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
  3. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker III
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2074
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 02:12 AM
  4. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2014
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
  5. [News] Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2043
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •