Page 86 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3661768384858687888996111 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2033

• I'm not really here

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker VI

Ok, guys... this thread is the DCA tracker thread... let's at least get back in the proper park

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by DlandresortCalifan View Post
    yes new orleans has a history of piracy and yes the ride features Lafitte's Landing. Still doesnt take away from the fact that they are pirates of the CARIBBEAN, not new orleans square, so why is it not pirates of new orleans then? And secondly, the whole ride takes place in the caribbean, save for the entrance. Caribbean is not in new orleans.

Straining at gnats, are we?

New Orleans has distinctly Caribbean cultural influences. The Pirates would often seize ships and goods IN the Caribbean, and operated warehouses in New Orleans to help disperse the goods smuggled.

But enough about Pirates. Lets get back to DCA.

Well, my Twitter is more random comments about what I see in the Parks (and Club 33), but I do try to do what I can when it comes to pics too. Glad you guys are liking them. I'll keep it up.

Sidenote, I was really surprised actually that I was the first to talk about the restrooms being gone. My friends and I were sure that someone would have been on that already!
    -boy33

Twitter: @boy33

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by boy33 View Post
    Well, Reeder, my Twitter is more random comments about what I see in the Parks (and Club 33), but I do try to do what I can when it comes to pics. Glad you guys are liking them.

Sidenote, I was really surprised actually that I was the first to talk about the restrooms being gone. My friends and I were sure that someone would have been on that already!
    It seems there has been a dry spell of recent pics.

Dude, I'm just grateful that ANYONE is over at the park taking pictures on a regular basis. Sometimes years go by before I get to actually visit the place. So ANY pictures at all are greatly appreciated. Keep it up!

You wouldn't happen to have any new updates, would ya?

• AKA: Indyiluvu

So any new updates on how they will manage the crowds entering/exiting the park when BVS construction starts? I know the plan is to keep one side open at a time, but how are they going to move the entrance area closer to DL? I assume they will move it out overnight and then open one side for entry. I think they will probably remove the CA letters first? And speaking of the letters, I wish they could find a place in the park to keep them.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    So any new updates on how they will manage the crowds entering/exiting the park when BVS construction starts? I know the plan is to keep one side open at a time, but how are they going to move the entrance area closer to DL? I assume they will move it out overnight and then open one side for entry. I think they will probably remove the CA letters first? And speaking of the letters, I wish they could find a place in the park to keep them.
    I agree with everything you just said.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Oops
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Maybe there is a dryspell in pics, but if you want to see collections of concept art for DCA, you can go here:

Original DCA 1.0: Insights and Sounds: "Bargain Basement" Imagineering- California Adventure 1.0

First steps of improvement, DCA 1.5: Insights and Sounds: "Bargain Basement" Imagineering- California Adventure 1.5

Major DCA redo 2.0: Insights and Sounds: Imagineering a New Dream- Disney's California Adventure 2.0

This should help hold us over!
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    The ride-through of Midway Mania at DCA is also Andy's bedroom. Andy has written his name on things, the walls are lined with the same wallpaper found in Andy's bedroom...

Whether you're in Pixar Place at Disney's Hollywood Studios or on Paradise Pier in Disney's California Adventure, Midway Mania transports you to Andy's bedroom. In neither location does this transition make a single bit of thematic sense.
    Hmm... Midway Games... in Paradise Pier. Makes sense to me.

Pixar characters in Pixar Place, a land made to look like Pixar Animation Studios, inside a park about studios and movies? Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Are you so sure about that? MiceChat... A Different Look at Disney

It comes and goes. Some days go really smoothly and everyone is happy... other days people are very touchy and everyone takes offense at everyone... most days it's somewhere in between. Much like a family really.
    Ain't that the truth.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

I so can't wait to see DCA once it has been revamped. I'm already totally jonesing for a trip to DLR, since I love the place and I haven't been able to go for more than a couple of years, now. Next time my family (the wife, daughter and I) go to the parks, I'll probably blow their minds when, instead of heading towards the entrance to Disnleyland, I make a bee-line into DCA and to the BSC. I've been dying to see it since Al Lutz first wrote about it. Also RSR sounds like it will be awesome on a level that no other ride at DLR has yet seen, and the whole Carsland theme sounds like it will be a load of fun.

The big kid that makes up 80% of me hates the fact that the changes to the park (phase 1) won't be done until 2012, but at least I'll get to ride TSMM and maybe even see WoC by the time I get to visit the parks again. I'm pushing for getting annual passports (as soon as finances are good enough to make them really feasible). God help me, as crazy and crowded as it will be, I want to be present for the premier 'public' showing of WoC. Hmmm... I've never yet attended a MiceChat get-together. Perhaps there will be one at the WoC premier? If so, I'm totally there.

Updates! Please! I need more updates on the demolition and construction. I'm dying here!
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    ... It comes and goes. Some days go really smoothly and everyone is happy... other days people are very touchy and everyone takes offense at everyone... most days it's somewhere in between. Much like a family really.
    MOM! DAD! TELL MYCROFT TO STOP TOUCHING MY STUFF! HE WON'T LEAVE MY STUFF ALONE! WHY IS HE ALWAYS BUGGING ME! GAWD!
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post

Straining at gnats, are we?

New Orleans has distinctly Caribbean cultural influences. The Pirates would often seize ships and goods IN the Caribbean, and operated warehouses in New Orleans to help disperse the goods smuggled.

But enough about Pirates. Lets get back to DCA.
    agree to disagree.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    OLC isn't an American company, therefore the company isn't having to deal with a recession and its budget problems.
    What the hell are you talking about??

• Banned User

Disney should have taken this opprotunity with the makeover money and just bulldoze Paradise Pier and start over. It was the biggest problem with the park day 1 and even when everything is said and done it will still be a bunch of off the shelf looking carnivale rides that have no place in a Disney park. They could have kept the lagoon but imagine if they used all that land screamin/maliboomer/and the sun wheel take up and built a truely immersive e-ticket attraction with a themed land around it.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Disney should have taken this opprotunity with the makeover money and just bulldoze Paradise Pier and start over. It was the biggest problem with the park day 1 and even when everything is said and done it will still be a bunch of off the shelf looking carnivale rides that have no place in a Disney park. They could have kept the lagoon but imagine if they used all that land screamin/maliboomer/and the sun wheel take up and built a truely immersive e-ticket attraction with a themed land around it.
    Perhaps they will in the future, but right now, they're just focusing all their money and time on the bigger projects in this phase, like SSS, GSS, BV Street, WOC, & CL.