Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Solo Trip?

Re: Solo Trip?

I'm 25 also so i figure I might as well throw in my viewpoint.

I enjoy going solo. I've never done it all day - because it rarely takes all day to do everything I want to. I would suggest bringing a book or iPod if you don't plan on skipping long lines (I'm not really a meet you in line and talk kinda person, so I need something to feed my solitude I never get any wierd looks nor would really care if I did. Just go have a good time.

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Quote Originally Posted by Homan View Post
    What is pirates and master gracey?

Pirates being, the Pirates of the Caribbean ride attraction. Master Gracey is the owner and resident of the Haunted Mansion.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• =)

Sorry, but Master Gracey is NOT the owner of the mansion, at least in the attractions! (The movie's a different story.)

As for the original question...I first started doing solo trips a couple of years ago out of sheer necessity, and I was pleasantly surprised at how fun they can be. There's something really special about going with loved ones, but it can be nice to experience the park without any pressures except those you exert on yourself. Just take it easy and do whatever you want to do, even on a momentary whim!

• Returning to DL 2/29

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post
    First off I would suggest examining why it is exactly that makes one feel at the thought of visiting Disneyland for example un at ease or self conscious etc.
    If you do not mind sharing these reasons with us.

Last August I visited the land by myself, for a friend of mine was not able to go with me, after all. Well I was not going to let that stop me. I had just as nice of a time by myself as I had with family or friends. Matter of fact, I did not have to think in terms of oh, my friend might have me committed if I visit the pirates or the mansion one more time. he he! Never did I feel self conscious, et al.
    I dined at my most favorite restaurant The Blue Bayou. I could care less, if I am there with someone or not. And frankly, it is much easier to pick up a pirate or a hitchhiking ghost when visiting Disneyland alone, and of course being single helps too.
    That is AWESOME
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Smile Re: Solo Trip?

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanefreak View Post
    That is AWESOME

Merci Beaucoup!

Going solo is awesome! That would never keep me from going to a place near and dear to my heart. Have fun and remember Disneyland is your land!

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Sorry, but Master Gracey is NOT the owner of the mansion, at least in the attractions! (The movie's a different story.)
    There is no official back story to say that I am wrong,that I am aware of. Various story lines, characters et al, can be or is open to interpretation.
    Originally, according to Mr. Disney, the mansion was to be a rest home as it were, for many happy ghosts.
    Regardless, Master Gracey will always be the owner of the mansion in my stories, and will continue to be such.

So I wanted to give an update for this thread. I ended up going solo all day on Friday. I got there before the park opened and stayed till past closing. First I got to say I don't think going solo is better than going with friends and family, but I don't think it was worse either. It was a VERY different experience for me. It was truly relaxing. I with low attendance this weekend (yeah the 4th weeekend had low attendance) and being able to walk around picking up fast passes for exactly what I wanted to I got to do a LOT more than I usually do. Also, single rider is a GREAT system, I hope they expand it. I ended up riding tower of terror 5 times in a row and space mountain 3 times in a row. I also got to listen to 12 hours worth of my podcasts that I have been way behind in listening to. This was an incredible trip. People were very nice and I had a few conversation and joked around with a few people.

I am looking forward to going with my friends in two weeks when I am back in LA, but I will also look forward to my next solo trip. It was a great relaxing time. Thanks for everyone's advice!

• Greetings, Program!

So I wanted to give an update for this thread. I ended up going solo all day on Friday. I got there before the park opened and stayed till past closing. First I got to say I don't think going solo is better than going with friends and family, but I don't think it was worse either. It was a VERY different experience for me. It was truly relaxing. I with low attendance this weekend (yeah the 4th weeekend had low attendance) and being able to walk around picking up fast passes for exactly what I wanted to I got to do a LOT more than I usually do. Also, single rider is a GREAT system, I hope they expand it. I ended up riding tower of terror 5 times in a row and space mountain 3 times in a row. I also got to listen to 12 hours worth of my podcasts that I have been way behind in listening to. This was an incredible trip. People were very nice and I had a few conversation and joked around with a few people.

I am looking forward to going with my friends in two weeks when I am back in LA, but I will also look forward to my next solo trip. It was a great relaxing time. Thanks for everyone's advice!
    As many times as I've gone solo, I dont think i've ever done what you did. A full-day? That's die-hard, man. Muchos kudos to you and it's cool that you're willing to do it again. I haven't gone solo since about December (it's been me and the GF pretty much every weekend since late Feb) and you've inspired me to go solo tonight.

"The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When we said, "try it, you'll like it", we meant it. It's good to hear that you had a good day.

Go solo!! Then you wouldn't have to worry about anyone else and during busy days you don't have to drag your whole group through the crowds and the single rider lines are way shorter!
    -Tyler

• Minion

Wait a sec.....

Low attendance? On 4th of July weekend? What the heck?!?! And on a Friday?!?!? WOW!

Where the heck was everybody?! Not like everyone was camping at the Staples center.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234