Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Begining of new Era at Disneyland

While visiting Disneyland on the 30th of September, it really struck me on how far the park has come in such a short period of time. It's truely amazing that in one year so much has changed. The Tiki room, Space Mountain, the new fireworks, and Buzz Lightyear, weren't running a year ago. In addition, many small and large improvements were made to existing rides and the facilities. Record crowds came to the park and people opened their wallets to snatch up merchandise.

Now, with the Disney corporation under new leadership, we can only hope that the success of Disneyland will guide the company to return to its roots. The kind of quality entertainment that Walt would be proud of.

• Self Congratulative

Re: The Begining of new Era at Disneyland

I too look forward to the future with an optimistic view. It's a good view to have. There will either be great success or dramatic struggle on the horizon, but either way, I think it's safe to say that it will be a great ride there.

Submarine Voyage FTW!

Last edited by woxel1; 10-02-2005 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Hotlinking Problems

• Hooterville, USA

From what I've seen lately, Disney will be even better! They will have learned from their previous mistakes.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Inappropriate

I too agree with how much things have changed in..actually less than a year. The last time i was there was last Christmas day. The tiki room was closed, space mountain was closed, there was no Buzz Lightyear, Tomorrowland was still brown! There were no added effects to Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion. Hmm...what else, oh yes, old fireworks, old parade. They were only about half way through with repainting the park.

SO yeah, so much has been done, and it gives us all some hope to look forward to. It's really just incredible.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Rainicorn.

I think the Anniversary and Ouimet have really helped Disneyland out. It's not so depressing; even Tomorrowland is full of people! It hadn't been that way in years.

The true testament of this change will be truly shown after the 50 Hullabaloo. Will it still be the same? I'm ready and willing to find out!

Yay Disneyland!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Disneyland Historian

Disneyland was created as a always changing world of Yesterday,Tomorrow,
    and Fantasy. over the years it truly has been That and more.Many changes
    have been made,most good but also some bad,but that is what makes the Disney company sucessful,being able to learn from mistakes and add to The magic of Disneyland. Disneyland gives us a chance to escape and journey into a world other than our own,a world that is and will always be changing and evolving,A place where dreams do come true.
    Every improvement made within the last year is a great step towards a big bright future.
    Each and every day Disneylands gates open to a eager First time Guests waiting to Take their very first stroll down Main Street U.S.A.,and then into many other adventures that await them.For that reason,Each and every day
    Disneylands gates open marks the Begining of a new Era at Disneyland.

-JDUB-

here's hoping it continues to thrive!

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Good observations guys! You know, I was just overlooking how the outside of the park as changed too. For instance the electric wires between Disneyland and the Disneyland Hotel have been covered, the condition of Harbor Blvd. (Walt hated that), and all the demos of the cheaper hotels in the area. Disneyland's come along way baby, and I hope improvements never cease!
    I was just thinking though, what about the next 50.... Or 100 years? Do you think they will implode the Matterhorn, Space Mt., or, more depressingly, Haunted Mansion to make room for more futurist and entertaining rides? What hotels in the area will meet their doom? You thoughts please... Thank you.

Good observations guys! You know, I was just overlooking how the outside of the park as changed too. For instance the electric wires between Disneyland and the Disneyland Hotel have been covered, the condition of Harbor Blvd. (Walt hated that), and all the demos of the cheaper hotels in the area. Disneyland's come along way baby, and I hope improvements never cease!
    I was just thinking though, what about the next 50.... Or 100 years? Do you think they will implode the Matterhorn, Space Mt., or, more depressingly, Haunted Mansion to make room for more futurist and entertaining rides? What hotels in the area will meet their doom? You thoughts please... Thank you.

• Official Mice Chat person

I'm very optimistic about Disneyland's Future, for all the reasons listed. A year ago, Disneyland was very different. Tomorrow Land was brown, the sub lagoon was rotting away, paint was faded, Tiki room was in need of big help, the fireworks were only so-so... if not bad, Buzz Lightyear wasn't there, the list goes on and on!

• Best Buds

I'm so looking forward to my next trip to the park. The last time I was there was in 2002, and things were a bit shakey. I've been following all the fix-ups and such over this past year. Very exciting.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast