Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Post Disneys July 4th Weekend Fireworks

It seems Al hit the nail right on the head it seemed like tonight's show was just like Remeber with a very poor setting I truely hope that the guests seeing the show on the 4th get a better product than this one. Not impressed !!

Under an Umbrella in Portland! Just a short 2 hour flight from Anaheim

Re: Disneys July 4th Weekend Fireworks

I absolutely agree. It was kinda fun playing a game of "where did those fireworks come from". From the big smiley face to the 3D boxes. Some of it seemed really forced.

There is also so much incredible music that could have been used. Perhaps it was due to compyright issues, but it seemed like a huge miss to not use more from the vast catalogue of American composers.

I didn't notice that it was only 9 minutes, but was more bothered by the length of time between "sections".

The finale was the best part of it for me.

I extended my trip an extra day to see this tonight. I was happy that they went off and weren't canceled. I was happy to meet some great people from the MC boards (hi max-have a great trip to WDW-and the queen-start training for the DL Half!).

I was disappointed that Disney didn't feel the need to give me a full show. I would have rather had a full Magical, than a waterdown American WhateverItWasCalled. At least then it would have felt like Disney wanted to make my day 100% special, and not just 60%. Because I believe they charged 100% prices today, not just 60%.
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I saw it tonight and feel the same way, after seeing Remember dozens of times I recognized all of it's pyro set to patriotic music. It's dissapointing that they are only showing the "real" show on the 4th, it sort of defeats the purpose of having four showings this weekend.

i don't understand why they just don't show magical all 4th of july weekend and tack on a salute to america at the end.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

I didn't think it was that bad. I was watching from Small World, and it was really loud.

As Al mentioned, it was mostly all Remember shells. It was actually not much different from last year's incomplete 4th of July show, which also used plenty of shells and pyro sequences from Remember.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Since I myself was not at the Parks last year and instead went to Irwindale Speedway to watch some racing and a very nice Firework Show done by Pyro Spectaculars. Just after watching last years shortened show on YouTube which seemed to have been longer than the one tonight. It seems Disney needs to figure out fast that they should use the same shells each night instead of messing with the public and short changing them.

• Yeah.....

Any videos online yet? I was gonna try to sneak out to the park tonight, but apparently I didn't miss much.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Wow, really? A semi-bash thread on fireworks that are only going to be here for 4 more nights? Do you honestly expect it to be just like Remember? It's for the 4th of July for Pete's sake! I'm glad they're making it for 5 nights instead of one night and that night possibly being canceled. Patriotism > Being impressed by fireworks, IMO.
    Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 07-03-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    Any videos online yet? I was gonna try to sneak out to the park tonight, but apparently I didn't miss much.
    Here's the finale:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Selmdr7oGn4]YouTube - Disneyland - 4th of July Celebration Fireworks[/ame]
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Returning to DL 2/29

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Wow, really? A semi-bash thread on fireworks that are only going to be here for 4 more nights? Do you honestly expect it to be just like Remember? It's for the 4th of July for Pete's sake! I'm glad they're making it for 5 nights instead of one night and that night possibly being canceled. Patriotism > Being impressed by fireworks, IMO.
    IM FEELING THE SAME WAY im looking at the sequences not the pyro I love the soundtrack to it gesh I will post vid soon
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Let there be light!

You know, there are two things we enjoy on 4th of July:

1. Celebrating our Independence

2. Fireworks

Now, judging by that video (which was only 2:30 of the 9 min. show) that show had 20x, no 50x, actually about 100x better pyro then what I see in my backyard every July 4th, and that was only a fourth of the show.

To cry about them re-using fireworks from Remember is pitiful. Who gives a flying fadoodle what they use for the show, it's still fireworks. Last I checked, Disney doesn't have to do this show, it's a bonus for everyone. They could continue showing Magical for all they care.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Quote Originally Posted by WDW FAN 88 View Post
    Since I myself was not at the Parks last year and instead went to Irwindale Speedway to watch some racing and a very nice Firework Show done by Pyro Spectaculars. Just after watching last years shortened show on YouTube which seemed to have been longer than the one tonight. It seems Disney needs to figure out fast that they should use the same shells each night instead of messing with the public and short changing them.
    I do want to state that it seemed like a dress rehearsal tonight a whole 4 minutes was missing but the show was great but it did feel short for a Disney Show according to someone I talked to after hours they were testing many of the elements due to last year the show went a bust and they want to get it right this year. Per say I loved it the soundtrack was awesome and it is better than your typical 4th of July Fireworks show at your city park. Many cities were I live at have only 5-7 minute show yup that all due to that they are very expensive but we do have to remember that Disneyland has all the right to mingle with fireworks if it looks awsome then let it be. Remember is Remember and Celebrate America is just that it is how the show is cordinated not about the show. Too many people get so technical about it they use terminolgy like FAIL or RECYCLE or AWFUL when your actually getting an awsome show that is so beutiful and amazing. Remember that many DISNEY FANS go to the park and see things that are simmilar but what about your average one in awhile Park visitor who visits and hears one DISNEY LOCAL bash the show. Geesh people get comfatable
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

Full show is now up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Zaqzs6Fuo]YouTube - Disney's Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert In the Sky - July 2, 2009[/ame]

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• May the F=ma be with you

I liked the show. They also composed the show with all pyro from from Remember... last year as well.

But I'd really like to see the full version on the 4th. Certain parts were cut out including America the Beautiful, This Land was made for You and Me, Home on the Range, Clementine, Oh Susana and Shenandoah.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• The Dudester

I don't know, based on that video I would have been satisfied. That was a fun show with a lot of fireworks... Who cares if a few smilies were in it? It certainly beats the shows I could experience around here on the 4th.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast