Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye Timon parking lot

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    ^ a sun-baked stretch of asphalt is something you consider 'magic'?

To those that know what I am talking about, no explanation is necessary.
    To those that don't, none will ever suffice.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I know exactly what you're talking about and I find it overly nostalgic nonsense.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MostExalted View Post
    a parking structure will be much more efficient, and the space is going to be used for the new carsland.not housing trolleys
    Actually, it will be BOTH... Here is a photo from yesterday showing the raising of the building that will become the "Barn" for the Trolleys. It is located on the East end of the lot, so in a backstage area.

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Sad? This is great, it should have all been gone in 2001. There's nothing more disgusting then to see huge amounts of land wasted for parking in a dense urban area. I will be so happy when every guest at the DLR can park in a structure.
    This is sad. But also, and even more so it is a HUGE inconcvenience for thos of us who live in Central Orange County and south of that. Don't forget the parking structure is convenient ONLY for those coming from the north but for those of us who have to approach the resort coming from the south getting to the structure is an enormous inconvenience.

I hope they have good signage coming off at Disney way directing us to Pumbaa or GardenWalk, or telling us just where exactly to go if those lots are full.

This is very sad and very frustrating news.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I know what you're talking about too. Very well stated Barry. That lot will be missed. And I will definitely get high blood pressure with all the rigarmarole of having to get to the structure.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    This is sad. But also, and even more so it is a HUGE inconcvenience for thos of us who live in Central Orange County and south of that. Don't forget the parking structure is convenient ONLY for those coming from the north but for those of us who have to approach the resort coming from the south getting to the structure is an enormous inconvenience.

I hope they have good signage coming off at Disney way directing us to Pumbaa or GardenWalk, or telling us just where exactly to go if those lots are full.

This is very sad and very frustrating news.
    No, I know, that's true. But if I had my way the Pumbaa structure would have been built in 2001 too.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Not really, going northbound on the I-5, go past the Katella/Disney Way exit and take the next exit, Harbor Blvd. At the traffic light, make a right onto Harbor and get into the left lane immediately. Make a left onto Ball Road at the light.

Go down 2 traffic lights, and make a left onto Disneyland Drive, and then stay in the left lanes that take you directly to the parking structure.

Anyways, Disney will have both traditional signs, along with Portable Electric Signs giving directions, along with Anaheim PD in the street if needed.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Actually, it will be BOTH... Here is a photo from yesterday showing the raising of the building that will become the "Barn" for the Trolleys. It is located on the East end of the lot, so in a backstage area.

Do you have confirmation that this is the Red Car building?
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

its progress cant stand in the way of it... just have to let it happen. i would rather have more stuctures built to give way to more park play then have a strech of land with nothing in it at all

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Not really, going northbound on the I-5, go past the Katella/Disney Way exit and take the next exit, Harbor Blvd. At the traffic light, make a right onto Harbor and get into the left lane immediately. Make a left onto Ball Road at the light.

Go down 2 traffic lights, and make a left onto Disneyland Drive, and then stay in the left lanes that take you directly to the parking structure.

Anyways, Disney will have both traditional signs, along with Portable Electric Signs giving directions, along with Anaheim PD in the street if needed.
    Thanks, DB. I know how to get directly to the structure. But this is good for those who might not know.

It sounds easy to get there on paper but in reality if you arrive at the wrong time it can really be a headache. Pumbaa/Timon/Gardenwalk have the convenience of comparatively being traffic free. But heading directly to the structure at the wrong time can be quite problematic with the enormous bottleneck created at the intersection of Disneyland and Ball Rd.

And I've noticed that while driving north on the 5 especially during rush hour the freeway up to the Katella/Disney way exit can be fairly smooth but it often stops right after this. I can often see this stoppage as you approach the Katella offramp so then I have to get off on Disney Way, further making the drive to the structure a pain in the neck.

Edit to add - Thanks for the reassurance that there will be signage to those exiting at Disney Way to the approproate area for parking.
    Last edited by DisneyIPresume; 07-03-2009 at 12:29 PM.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post

Personally, I agree with Uncle Bob...utilize the space for something better, like a new land with one of the greatest E-tickets that will ever be built!
    Very sad that 450 million will be wasted on another pixar attraction when we could have gotten something on par with Journey to the Center of the Earth, something more original and exciting. Disney can throw all the money they want at an attraction but if the ride has no heart and imagination it's still going to fail just like FNSV.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 07-03-2009 at 12:47 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Isn't there some way that they could make the structures have a "Hooray I'm at Disneyland now" feel to them, the way that entering the old lot did?

If I'm going to have to deal with a concrete monstrosity, can't it at least be a little more fun than parking for an office building?
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 07-03-2009 at 01:37 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Animation Domination

Never really went to park in Timon so it will be like it never exist.
    "You are watching FOX"

You can be both nostalgic for old memories and happy for new attractions. That's how I feel. I loved walking the length of the lot as a kid, but I appreciate the new attractions taking its place, even if there were some false starts there. Heck, even Indy took over part of the old lot - I don't hear anyone complaining about that.

The Pumbaa structure can't come fast enough for me and all those coming up 5 from the south.

I loved parking in the Timon lot because A) Last remaining parking area of the original lot and B) because getting a tram to the lot at the end of the day was way less of a hassle then what you have to deal with on trying to get a tram for M&F at the end of the day.

Just out of curiosity I didnt know that they were planning on building a structure in the Pumba lot. So is the lot still open? Also are there really trams going from the Pumba lot to the DL entrance? I'm wondering because whenever we we'rent able to park in Timon we would hope to park in the Simba lot. I would always avoid Pumba. Figure walking a bit to Simba is better then waiting for a while to get on a tram for M&F. So my other question would be do any of you guys think that the Pumba lot is closer to the DL gates then Simba?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast