Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Goodbye Timon parking lot

On July 6th, 2009, the Timon parking lot will close forever.
    for those of you that go in through harbor to park, i would suggest going right to the structure unless you dont mind poarking in either the Pumbba lot,Garden Walk Lot, or the Simba lot.
    The Pumbaa lot and Garden Walk, has shuttles to bring guest to the main entrence, well the Simba lot has nothing for now. A tram will be put in the Simba lot to go to the main entrence, however, that will not be for a while. At least a year from what im hearing.
    This info is accurate as can be since this is coming to you from the RT&P(Resort Transprtation & Parking) department.

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Goodbye Timon parking lot

Sad day.

The last original parking lot... gone

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

It is sad , and parking is just going to get worse as the summer rolls along.

expect to be using the zazu, pongo, and buzz lots a lot this summer and even beyond that. after summer, Pumbba will also be close to start work on the new parking structure.

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

losing the timon parking lot is for the best though..it is going to become carsland right?

It is going to be fun to watch the construction though!
    The Mur

also a fun little fact.
    the construction ahs already start and a structure is taking shape as we speak kuz im staring right at it. i acnt say for sure but people say its going to be the storage area for the trolly's when they get put in in 2012

• Californian Fox-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by MostExalted View Post
    losing the timon parking lot is for the best though..it is going to become carsland right?
    So basically an area for real cars is going to be replaced by a land for fake cars...

...something about that doesn't sound right.
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Snowman View Post

Sad day.

The last original parking lot... gone
    In the words of the late Paul Harvey...

Not all that we call progress, is progress...

Aside from losing the last link to the old lot, there goes the best alternative to a parking structure that never has been my favorite part of a trip to the DLR...

Sad, indeed.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Aw...it is sad...that was my favorite parking lot...

Parking is going to be HORRIBLE! I have had to park in Pongo/Perdita a couple of times...it is so far from the parks it is ridiculous... and it is a joke for all the families with strollers!! I guess it is going to get worst before it gets better.

• Senior Minion

Sad? This is great, it should have all been gone in 2001. There's nothing more disgusting then to see huge amounts of land wasted for parking in a dense urban area. I will be so happy when every guest at the DLR can park in a structure.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by simmer View Post
    So basically an area for real cars is going to be replaced by a land for fake cars...

...something about that doesn't sound right.
    now that you mention it.... but if they build another structure will it be as big as the flipping spaceship dock they have out there now? i swear it could hold a star destroyer

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

a parking structure will be much more efficient, and the space is going to be used for the new carsland.not housing trolleys

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Sad? This is great, it should have all been gone in 2001. There's nothing more disgusting then to see huge amounts of land wasted for parking in a dense urban area. I will be so happy when every guest at the DLR can park in a structure.
    Yay! Nothing will ever give me that "hooray I'm at Disneyland" feeling like another concrete monstrosity.

But what do I know. I'm just a getting-older fuddy-duddy that needs to get with the times, right?

I knew that this was inevitable. But it doesn't mean I have to stand up and cheer for the demise of what I considered to be another last piece of Disneyland's old magic...given up, ironically, for another addition to Pixarland.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^ a sun-baked stretch of asphalt is something you consider 'magic'?

Personally, I agree with Uncle Bob...utilize the space for something better, like a new land with one of the greatest E-tickets that will ever be built!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast