Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

changes for tommorowland

Honey, i shrunk the auddiance and inoventions are not very popular attractions and both can be boring. the technology in shrunk the auddiance feels outdated along with the movie, wich is a reaccuring problem for tommorowlandi suggest some sort of wall-e ride or wall-e show. inoventions just dosnt grab my attention or make me want to go inside everytime i am at the park. It seems like a waste of space for something that could be much more exciting..any ideas?

• Ice melts fast in AZ

Re: changes for tommorowland

I think that any ride based on a movie would be a mistake, but unfortunately, Disney doesn't agree with me or many others on this board. Just like with HISTA, how long can a movie-based show actually keep its staying power if its not a classic like what we see in Fantasyland? I liked Wall-E, but I'm not sure of its staying power. I think Disney needs to come up with a time period for Tomorrowland. Either 50 years from now, 100 years from now, or further and look at what technology may exist in those time periods. Then they can come up with a few unifiing rides that would match something like Space Mountain. I think that if they use Space Mountain as a time period marker, they could easily place "intergalactic" travel somewhere past the next 200 years and therefore design and build rides that can match that time period range.

very true..maybe a new rocket to the moon should be added like the one that they have in flordia..not sure what park its in.

• Shifting cargo

I'm not sure what they could add in terms of attractions, but something that I have a problem with is the Tomorrowland Dance Club. They are playing songs like "Just Dance" and "Boom Boom Pow" which talks about getting drunk and I saw little kids jumping up and down to it. I like the Jedi Academy that they have there, but if they must have a dance club, at least make it all age appropriate and with a more futuristic theme to it.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

I really think major changes are needed for both of those areas. This is the area of the park I visit the least, I actually forget Innovations is there sometimes. I totally think a Wall E movie of some sort would be pretty awesome where HISTA is now. And bring back the People Mover!!! An updated version of course. =)

• Banned User

Here's my ideas. I agree that Tomorrowland needs a set time in order for everything to correlate with each other, or, they could go the route of WDW's TL and just have everything be comically futuristic (ala Buzz Lightyear, Stitch Encounter, and Monster's Inc Laugh Floor).
    I'll start with attractions, then go to themeing, and then shops and restaurants.

Attractions:
    HISTA: gut the theatre, bring in a WALL-E 4-D show. The premise will be along the lines of that the Axiom just landed back on Earth, and WALL-E and EVE need to help the humans get accustomed to living back on earth. Of course classic Disney gags will be throughout the show. The show could even incorporate the new WALL-E AA in the show. He rolls out looking for EVE, or something like that.
    Space Mountain: Keep the same for now
    Innoventions: Gut it, Bring back the Carousel of Progress.
    Autopia: Newer cars, electric, and with a GPS map in each car, with fun facts of tomorrowland, and fake advertisments playing. Make the cars slighty faster (10-12 mph)
    Finding Nemo: Keep the same
    Buzz Lightyear: Better outdoor queue.
    Star Tours: High def screens, I would have multiple film variations so the experience is different most of the time, Make the Pilot more personable to to the guests, less "my first time" jokes. C3PO will have the guest recognition chip that we've heard about used through the guests ticket. When a guest enters the queue, he will say stuff like, "Oh my, I believe it's _______'s birthday today......now, is your age that young on Tatooine as well as here? etc.....
    Starcade: severly updated. Lots of bright neon, advertising fake posters of futuristic city info. Constantly update with the latest games, not just DDR, and the same crap you see @ ESPN Zone. Bring back the second level, and have this level be the "build your own rollercoaster" level. Only this coaster building will be very realistic, instead of comical.
    It's dinner time here, I'll post more when I'm done with dinner.

• Sock Puppet

I've just never understood all the hate for Innoventions, I used to go in there sometimes when I was younger, but I thought it was cool :P

Innoventions is a huge wast of space. They need to do something else with that building. HISTA can stay for now, but needs to go as soon as they are done with Innoventions.

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: changes for tommorowland

Must every new and exciting ride that comes up have to be a Disney-Pixar movie. I'm getting tired of this, Think up something totally original and then we'll discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    Here's my ideas. I agree that Tomorrowland needs a set time in order for everything to correlate with each other, or, they could go the route of WDW's TL and just have everything be comically futuristic (ala Buzz Lightyear, Stitch Encounter, and Monster's Inc Laugh Floor).
    Preferably each Disneyland-type park should at least have a unique theme for its Tomorrowland, since it is about the future after all, and with the number of Disneyland clones around the world, variety is a good thing to have. In any case, I think that while comedy can be a part of Disneyland's Tomorrowland, the overall tone should be more serious and scientific like it used to be long ago (the comedy should generally be of the tongue-in-cheek type, but not so pointlessly outlandish as to undermine the theme).

I'll start with attractions, then go to themeing, and then shops and restaurants.

Attractions:
    HISTA: gut the theatre, bring in a WALL-E 4-D show. The premise will be along the lines of that the Axiom just landed back on Earth, and WALL-E and EVE need to help the humans get accustomed to living back on earth. Of course classic Disney gags will be throughout the show.
    While I'd prefer to leave Pixar movies out of Tomorrowland entirely, if there has to be one, then WALL•E would be a decent choice. At least the movie addresses certain aspects of a future we seem to be headed toward but hope to never see. Just about anything would be better than HISTA.

The show could even incorporate the new WALL-E AA in the show. He rolls out looking for EVE, or something like that.
    Eh, that would be like the characters of Finding Nemo intruding upon the Submarine Voyage. He'll need to do a bit more than that--something original and organic to the story being told.

Innoventions: Gut it, Bring back the Carousel of Progress.
    That'll work. Others have suggested a planetarium of sorts, which could make some interesting use of the rotating building.

Autopia: Newer cars, electric, and with a GPS map in each car, with fun facts of tomorrowland,
    This makes a lot more sense than gasoline-powered cars, although they may need to be enhanced in some way to make them more interesting (e.g. cool sound effects).

and fake advertisments playing.
    That is perhaps too realistic and therefore tacky, methinks.

Make the cars slighty faster (10-12 mph)
    That would be nice, but it probably won't happen. They used to be faster, long ago, but Disney slowed them down most likely for pragmatic reasons.

What would be cool is if they could create underwater freeways with transparent tubes like futurists used to predict during the Space Age. I'm not suggesting a retro-futuristic theme for the entire land, but this would be perfect since much of the Autopia sits on top of the show building for the Submarine Voyage anyway, and both rides would be enhanced.

Finding Nemo: Keep the same
    They should ax the lame Finding Nemo theme and give us subs that travel through space and time like Walt Disney's trains have done for decades. In the section about the future, riders will see Autopia cars traveling through transparent underwater tubes.

Buzz Lightyear: Better outdoor queue.
    They should get rid of Buzz and put in something better and more appropriate for Tomorrowland--blue sky all the way.

Star Tours: High def screens, I would have multiple film variations so the experience is different most of the time, Make the Pilot more personable to to the guests, less "my first time" jokes.
    All good suggestions, and the rumored 3D would be great as long as it is limited to depth perception outside of the ship.

C3PO will have the guest recognition chip that we've heard about used through the guests ticket. When a guest enters the queue, he will say stuff like, "Oh my, I believe it's _______'s birthday today......now, is your age that young on Tatooine as well as here? etc.....
    This might be fun for some people, but the very thought utterly creeps me out for some reason.

i completely agree with the Innoventions suggestion, getting rid of it, because honestly, i think it's a blank canvas for creative masterminds!

dear mainstreetjake; autopia is a classic. classics shouldn't be touched. it's one of the originals, and it's pretty cool that it's even remotley similar to what it was 50 years ago. gps on a car thats on a track is ridiculous. some vintage needs to remain there, come onnn. if you need faster cars, head over to the BRAND. NEW. CARS LAND.

honey i shrunk the audience is a bore: no doubt. they should turn it into some sort of show about the universe, since it's close to space mountain. they can shake us with the hydrolics in there if we go through an asteroid shower. we can have purple stars floating around us. everyone has their thoughts!

• Minion

Mars and Inner Space might have been outdated attractions when they were removed with regard to technology, but the ideas behind them are not outdated, even now.
    We have been exploring Mars to a certain degree, but it is still largely a mystery to us. I think renewing a space travel attraction such as Mars would be a perfectly fine fit for the area, especially if you add updated information to what we now know about it.
    I also say lose Buzz Lightyear and bring back Circlevision, with a space theme. The one at Griffith Observatory is pretty interesting and I could see something like that at the park, and it would fit well into Tomorrowland.
    And back to the same old discussion regarding Peoplemover....get that track up and running, with something, even if it isn't exactly Peoplemover.
    The carousel building also needs something new, as does the old Magic Eye Theater!
    Maybe it can't all be done at once, but at least get something started, one attraction at a time.

• Minion

And I would keep it generic to Tomorrowland/Space Travel/Solar System themes. Leave the characters and movies out of the area.

i like the idea of a planetarium in the innoventions building.also i heard that Disney is going to bring back the people mover. Since Nemo subs cant be "axed"..the theme for traveling through space and time can be put into the new people movers or some sort of time machine ride in the HISTHA building or innoventions

• Banned User

Nemo and the subs are part of the future. In the future the ocean will be our playground as seen by the diver but also there is the possibilities of undersea hotels, homes, mining, farming, and tourism. I see the submarine and a cheap version of what the future of underwater life can be like. Imagine getting in a submarine that is like a Boeing 747 in seating and service. Travel out to sea to an underground hotel where outside your room the coral reef and fishes are located.

The motorboat ride, Innoventions, HISTA, and Star Tours could be bulldozed and I would not shed a tear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast