Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• HauntedOne999

Soarin' over California

with filming to start soon on Soarin' over the World... I don't like the idea of such a global theme being placed inside DCA. A world theme is perfect for Epcot, but what does London or Egypt have to do with CA?

Seeing how Soarin' is almost 10 years old a new film does need to be made. What about making the film changable? 5 openings - 5 middles - 5 closing..... that way each time you go on it you get to see different parts of CA. Now since the National Park themeing is supposed to overtake Condor Flats, I would make all the openings be about Northern CA location... middles about Central CA... and closings about Southern CA - that way you create more of a storyline and organizes the scenes.

Does a "World" theme makes sense?
    Does Soarin' need a new film?
    Do you think the ride system could handle multiple, changable scenes?
    Should Soarin' at DCA stay CA themed?

Chickpea - neither a Chick or a Pea....Discuss
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

Re: Soarin' over California

no..a world theme at dca dose not make sense..but i do think a new film is needed i dont think the ride could handle mutiple films it might slow down the ride to much or cause more film problems. I like the idea about filimg northern middle and southern california..or maybe make the film completly devoted to nature hot spots.

• =)

I agree wholeheartedly that doing Soarin' Over the World at DCA would be an embarrassingly bad decision on Disney's part. Honestly, I doubt that'll happen...Disney's made some unfortunate decisions in the last decade or two, but I'm too much of an optimist to believe that they're capable of doing...that right now.

Honestly, I don't really think it needs a new film right now, anyway. The lines are quite long, guests aren't complaining, and there's little to dislike about the film. (The hard edits often come up in discussions, but for reasons I've explained elsewhere, I don't think that particular problem could be easily solved.)

• We Go On.

I don't understand either. The only reason I could see them putting it in California Adventure is it being in 3D or HD. But even then, why take away California from California Adventure? That doesn't really make sense either way.

• HauntedOne999

I agree... the World theme does not make sense in DCA. And although I do not have a problem with the current film, I definatly think that something new and fresh go be put in. And I dont see why the system couldnt handle multiple versions... especially with the load and unload time which could be used for the program selection. But all in all whatever happens it should stay CA themed.

The only way Disney could "kind of" tie in a Soarin' World would be to have it look like you're departing from a California airport and then visiting the "world" and then returning to perhaps another California airport.

• Minion

well my 2 cents is this..we will all ride it at least once. just to see what they have done.then we can justify complaints, i rode pooh befor i complained,small world , and nemo subs befor i could say anytihng. for now the best thing to do is wait and see

It seems to me the film already starts in Northern California and goes south from there.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    well my 2 cents is this..we will all ride it at least once. just to see what they have done.then we can justify complaints, i rode pooh befor i complained,small world , and nemo subs befor i could say anytihng. for now the best thing to do is wait and see
    But no direct observation is required to know that Soarin' Over the World wouldn't fit in a park that claims to be about California. No matter how excellent the production values were, it'd still be a mismatch.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    true - we have no clue what the "World" version will be like....but how is it relevant to California? A handglider can only go soooo far.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I think the film is fine the way it is (sans the ending). Yay Christmas time in July!

Its not coming to dca

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    Its not coming to dca
    source?

• A Weather Eye Open

It's kind of dumb to have "world" in the park when DCA appears to be staying "CA" themed. Now, if they kept the current movie and added the World one for variety, and switched between the two, that would be okay because they're keeping some semblance of theme. I am all for multiple movies in that theatre, but at least half of however many there are should be CA themed.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• DL Obsessed

I personally would like to see a Soarin' over USA a little more than the world. I think it would be a cool NEXT step to go across the USA before you go across the world.

With the theming, who knows what they are thinking. I mean really, i dont think they even know what they're thinking about theming. It seems like they want to get away from the california, but also want to keep it going. We will just wait and see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast