Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

Changes for Adventureland

just thinking up some changes and renovations for adventureland..some came to mind were the tiki room..im not saying change this classic show but a new soundtrack could be changed out every other show with the current soundtrack to add a new show for a different expeirence..also adding some new birds or flowers wouldn't hurt either.. open up the old employee breakroom above the shops and turn that into a restaurant..

thats all the ideas i could think of at the moment..so what do you think could be updated, changed,removed if anything at all

• Go DCA, Go! :D

Re: Changes for Adventureland

I think the resturaunt idea is great, but ex-nay on the Tiki room changes.
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

• Hello

Cool Re: Changes for Adventureland

Possibly the restraunt. But not Tiki Room.

• "I Break Things"

real simple thought... ditch the planters down the center of Adventureland and put them on the sides as an extension of the store entrances... That will make walking through there a lot easier.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Go DCA, Go! :D

^Agreed
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

• Banned User

I do not know where the old employee break room is located. They would have to make the restaurant ADA compliant as in a ramp or elevator. I would love to see the Plaza Pavillion left as a facad and the rest used as kitchens for Tahitian Terrace. It would be ADA friendly with the nice flat entrance. Tack on a companion bathroom someplace. Voila instant nightly entertainment. Dinner on the Jungle Cruise. It is a massive empty space. They took out two sit down dinner places there so why not have day time lunches and then nightly shows like Ohana.

I am all for removing the planters. They added to the walkway the shop next to the Jungle Cruise and it is in the way plus there was a cart in that area. You have people leaning and setting in the middle, people milling on the right and me in an ECV trying not to splat some kid or topple adults. Is it me ro in the past 50 or even 10 years that walkway is shrinking?

English living abroad who keep their old world traditions like tea and crumpets. Botswanan Bob's English Tea House would be the name. The park has Plaza In and Blue Bayou but gone are too many sit down restaurants like the Egg House, Plaza Pavillion, Pl,antation House, and Tahitian Terrace.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Leave the Plaza Pavilion where it is. If something in Adventureland were to replace it would look odd
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Banned User

I would leave the shell of the building there. Use the building as a master kitchen and thus leave a larger area of the Tahitian Terrace for customers. It has not been used much except currently for the food for New Orleans Square. Disney uses facades so why not have a nice turn of the Century building but inside is cooks and dishwashers.

The patio could be used for Casey's Coke Corner, whatever it is called. Maybe even sell picnic lunches from a window there. Like they do at AK. Pick up a KFC type of box with utensils, plates and food all ready to go and cheap.

The only place to get Italian is the Tratatoria and Pizza Port. Where can you get some good food other than fast food, American, pizza, and Mexican? Novelty stuff is needed and maybe they could have rotating cuisines in a box.

I just want them cute guys in grass skirts who twirl firy torches and some good Asian, Islander, Indian, or African food.

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

I say, bring back the Tahitan Terrace! They could even plus it by adding some simple (interactive?) AAs here and there. How cool would it be to have a tiki take your order?

Oh, and as for the Tiki Room changes, I'd have to say NO! I think everyone here will agree that it's fine under the current management. An improvement I'd be happy about, though, is if they could get all those birds and flowers and tikis singing when they're supposed to!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post
    I say, bring back the Tahitan Terrace! They could even plus it by adding some simple (interactive?) AAs here and there. How cool would it be to have a tiki take your order?

Oh, and as for the Tiki Room changes, I'd have to say NO! I think everyone here will agree that it's fine under the current management. An improvement I'd be happy about, though, is if they could get all those birds and flowers and tikis singing when they're supposed to!
    This is pretty much my opinion too. I never went to the Tahitian Terrace when it was open, but I love the Polynesian theme. As for the Tiki Room itself... refirb it when needed, keep it working in tip top shape, but don't change it. (Except for maybe teach the CM's to put some more life into the opening spiel and interact with Jose the way some of them use to and still do).

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    real simple thought... ditch the planters down the center of Adventureland and put them on the sides as an extension of the store entrances... That will make walking through there a lot easier.
    EXACTLY!

but all former skippers would agree with you on this

but where would stroller chorale go?!?!
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Tourist

Changes I'd like to see: Bring back the Tahitian Terrace and the Swiss Family Treehouse.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    This is pretty much my opinion too. I never went to the Tahitian Terrace when it was open, but I love the Polynesian theme. As for the Tiki Room itself... refirb it when needed, keep it working in tip top shape, but don't change it. (Except for maybe teach the CM's to put some more life into the opening spiel and interact with Jose the way some of them use to and still do).
    My family were some of the first performers at The Tahitian Terrace when it opened and a few performed there till it closed... heck my cousin Koffee did so well that Disney transferred her,when it closed, out to the Poly Resort @ WDW(where she worked till her death in 2003). They so need o bring back the Terrace.

The Tiki Room for some reason alot of people hate working. I always liked working there because it was like being at a family reunion. But since I have left the resort, they have really changed how the Tiki Room is staffed... so alot of people are burned out on it. Most CMs think that because guests dont get quiet and listen when they start thier spiel that the guests dont care. I would hold out my "ALOHA" until everyone was quiet and then move on with my spiel (1 time i had to hold it out for over a minute).
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Maybe a Christmas makeover for the Tiki Room.

• Dinka Flinka

The breakroom is also connected to the Adventureland and Frontierland offices, so pretty good chance that that's not happening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast