Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Things for a musician to see at Disneyland?

I am going to be going to Disneyland at the end of the month with a family member who is a musician and not a huge Disney fan. Does anyone have recommendation of things he might like to see in the park?

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: Things for a musician to see at Disneyland?

I don't know if the All-American College Band is going to be at the parks by the end of July, but they are FANTASTIC. Also, the Pearly Band performs in the afternoon sometime in front of the castle. There's also the Ragtime Piano player at Coke Corner.

Ride and attractions wise, pretty much anything would work for them. Hopefully your friend will have a good time!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    I am going to be going to Disneyland at the end of the month with a family member who is a musician and not a huge Disney fan. Does anyone have recommendation of things he might like to see in the park?
    The Aladdin musical at DCA comes to mind right away. Some of the walk around musicians on Main Street and in New Orleans Square will let guests try out their instruments sometimes. Your friend would likely enjoy that. Splash Mountain, Soarin' and the Haunted Mansion each have a lively musical score they would enjoy. Possibly, It's A Small World would put a big grin on their face as well. Don't forget the parades...especially the Electrical.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• DL Obsessed

I dont think that you have to be a huge Disney fan to enjoy the park a lot. Although i dont really know that from experience, cuz im a huge Disney fan.

But.. the park is COVERED in music. Ever land you go to, and every area you go to, is surrounded by its own music, that you can appreciate. Also each ride has its own music. I dont think you can go to a place in the park without music. New Orleans Square has live music, as well at Main Street.

He's going to definatly probably need to go with an open mind, but im sure you'll have fun.

• A Disney Aficionado

Hey AtomicBear,

I agree with the other posts but must emphasize something you don't want to miss!

Billy Hill & the Hillbillies

at the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland (their showtimes 11:15 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 2:35 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 5:15 p.m.)

As a musician myself, I try not to miss this show even though I've seen it a hundred times. (For the record, Billy is my favorite!)

It's based in bluegrass but they touch on just about every style of music in some form or another.

Get there early as you can get a front row seat. You can enjoy a cold drink, food or dessert while you wait in the AIR CONDITIONED THEATER!

Have a great time and let us know what you think!
    Dann

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

"Musician" is a pretty broad term, . . . would you care to eleborate on what type of musician? Certainly they must have other likes besides just music, so there is likely other entertainment at DL and DTD that they may enjoy.

As for other musical entertainment, there are the Dapper Dans on Main Street and Jambalaya Jazz in New Orleans Square (are they still around this summer?) Some people like the Trash Can Trio in Tomorrowland (if that's where they still are). The Miner 49'ers are probably still near the entrance to Grizzly River Rapids. And they appear to still have a foursome of guys that sing just outside the Animation Building (although they aren't listed on the times guide) I really recommend them, just ask guest service and they should be able to let you know when and what times they perform.

If you want to cool off, the lobby of the Grand Californian has a live pianist in the lobby.

• Banned User

Don't forget about the Tiki Room!

• Former ODV/SE CM

As a former musician, I used to spend the days watching Blast! Loved that show.
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    "Musician" is a pretty broad term, . . . would you care to eleborate on what type of musician? Certainly they must have other likes besides just music, so there is likely other entertainment at DL and DTD that they may enjoy.

As for other musical entertainment, there are the Dapper Dans on Main Street and Jambalaya Jazz in New Orleans Square (are they still around this summer?) Some people like the Trash Can Trio in Tomorrowland (if that's where they still are). The Miner 49'ers are probably still near the entrance to Grizzly River Rapids. And they appear to still have a foursome of guys that sing just outside the Animation Building (although they aren't listed on the times guide) I really recommend them, just ask guest service and they should be able to let you know when and what times they perform.

If you want to cool off, the lobby of the Grand Californian has a live pianist in the lobby.
    He plays mostly Rock and Jazz, but he has an appreciation for most music to some extent.

The main room in the Animation building. The musical scores of classic Disney movies surrounded by scenes of them? Come on. If that doesn't satisfy their musical tastes AND make them a Disney fan, they have no soul.

• Choir nerd

As a musician, the rides that do the most for me are Haunted Mansion, PotC, Splash Mt. and Space Mt.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

There is simply no way that one could be a musician and not like Disneyland. To me, music is one of those things that makes Disneyland different than any other park out there.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

And Queenie!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by DannGillen View Post
    Hey AtomicBear,

I agree with the other posts but must emphasize something you don't want to miss!

Billy Hill & the Hillbillies

at the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland (their showtimes 11:15 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 2:35 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 5:15 p.m.)

As a musician myself, I try not to miss this show even though I've seen it a hundred times. (For the record, Billy is my favorite!)

It's based in bluegrass but they touch on just about every style of music in some form or another.

Get there early as you can get a front row seat. You can enjoy a cold drink, food or dessert while you wait in the AIR CONDITIONED THEATER!

Have a great time and let us know what you think!
    Dann
    I second this suggestion

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    There is simply no way that one could be a musician and not like Disneyland. To me, music is one of those things that makes Disneyland different than any other park out there.
    You hit the nail on the head! Your friend will appreciate how music is used in all areas of the park and attractions. All 5 senses are triggered in the park. The visual is very obvious. They will smell many things from delicious foods, trees, and yes, even home brewed stink (Tough To Be A Bug). They'll eat a lot of treats. They'll feel many surfaces as well as motion and forces related to rides. And of course, the music they hear as they experience everything will tie it all together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast