Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Summer Nightastic Frustration?

Last night 4th of July NO CROC on Fantasmic.
    Since the promotion started DUMBO has failed so many times.

The park has NO merchandise with the Summer Nightastic Logo. Not even a keychain or a pin... NOTHING.

And some of us dream for a Summer Nightastic soundtrack? (Me included) ... I think it really is a dream.

The Dragon has been soooo delayed Im already getting used to it without the Dragon I guess when it appears Ill want Maleficent back!!

Im so dissapointed at all this summer promotion.

Re: Summer Nightastic Frustration?

Quote Originally Posted by splash_mtn View Post

The park has NO merchandise with the Summer Nightastic Logo. Not even a keychain or a pin... NOTHING.

And some of us dream for a Summer Nightastic soundtrack? (Me included) ... I think it really is a dream.

The Dragon has been soooo delayed Im already getting used to it without the Dragon I guess when it appears Ill want Maleficent back!!

Dumbo wouldnt be use becasue its too windy.
    the costume itself is to fragile mainly becasue of the ears. the ears could break off easily. so its better safe then sorry to not do dumbo even if its a light wind.
    as for the other thing such as having something with the logo, i guess there too cheap to do it and the soundtrack it maybe a a little too early for it i guess. its been less then a month since the whole thing started.

• Banned User

You're also forgeting, the ballons they sell with the LEDs are Nightastic specific. Not only that, but I don't think there should be merchandise for such a short promotion. And it's a saftey issue for all the performance "problems". Saftey is THE first key in the keys of operations.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Hey, at least DEP and Pixie Hallow Enchantment are doing wonderfully! I lowered my expectations for Fan! when I found out that the dragon won't be back until mid-July, and most likely won't get my hopes up for it when it's debut night is being announced (because you never know what may happen...). Though, the Croc and Flotsam/Jetsam look WONDERFUL.

• Banned User

Disney never said about having a soundtrack or logo specific merchandise, so it's just high hopes on your part. And soundtrack wise, they don't have to do it. There wasn't a Year of a Million Dreams soundtrack.

So, wait, you're angry that you can't buy a keychain for a promotion you don't like?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The whole "Nightasmic!" advertisement was pretty much last minute. Remember, previously, they were going to have Tinkerbell be the theme for the summer nights advertising. So I'm sure merchandising just wasn't given enough time to put together any kind of Nightasmic merchandise . . . . . if they were going to do anything like that.

What SHOULD be noted is the LACK of merchandise related to the major attractions/shows behind whatever the promo would be. Fantasmic! and the Electric Parade are practically ignored when it comes to merchandise. And this IS something that merchandise should have had advance notice of,both the makeover of the Electric Parade AND the enhancements to F!

Really, management must have been EXTREMELY late to the plate, with the whole "Celebration" promo AND the "Nightasmic" promo, even the "Dreams" promo didn't have a chance to get started on time. And it's proven over and over again, over that past 3 years. By the time management decides what the marketing theme is going to be, it's too late for attractions and shows to get there projects done in time, and it's way to late for merchandising to get their merchandise designed and ordered in time for the beginning of the promo. Quite likely, management is just plain indecisive, like changing the theme from Tink to Nightasmic, at the last moment. the lame street party floats are another example of the promo not starting on time, or complete, as the birthday street party didn't start until nearly 3 months into the year, and only this past week did they get the first and last generic units to the street party. The dreams promo was a muddled mess too, with organization. And the entire dream suite debacle, when they already had a dream suite set up at the DL hotel, and then they still decide to rip out the Disney Gallery halfway into the first year of the promo.

But again, merchandising could have gone the safe route with Electric Parade merchandise and F! merchandise, instead, they Failed again.

• Disney Boi

Get over it and enjoy what disneyland has to offer not everthing will work out there the first shot there had to be errors before its done right
    Disneyland trips 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
    Walt Disney World first trip December 11th-18th

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Others here can jump on you for hating what you've personally experienced and you have every right to voice your view on the promotion and parks.

I'm NOT going to be one of those upset with you for having an issue with the promotion.

I too was hoping for Summer Nightastic Merchandise I could order over the phone and have here for the 4th of July but alas that did not happen. I was hoping for carts selling SN stuff similiar to those light carts but cart with SN decor and merch.

And no PIN! I'm shocked at that one at least. They could have Dumbo castle pins, logo pins, new Fantasmic addition pins, EP addition pins, collector series but I guess the company plans on introducing the new addition pins as their own items without any tie in. Bummer.

As for Dumbo not flying, well I personally don't want to see video of the "puppet" tearing up in the sky before everyone and their camera's eye, oh what a terrible image yet shocking to watch. I would hope they could offer a firework to flash across the sky, sort of glide across on those "too windy" nights. You know, in place of him not appearing. I mean it is a fireworks show, they could do that.

I just made MP3 tracks of the videos offered on YouTube for my own personal use. I would suspect a soundtrack to be offered later, I mean they came out with a soundtrack over at WDW of the Pirates and Princesses party that hasn't come back and may never come back. It'd be nice to have a soundtrack available for purchase this summer, at least a soundtrack. I mean they got the girl from Wicked on there! How wicked is that?!?!

All I can say about Disneyland's Summer Nightastic is hey, at least they tried. Better than nothing right? I hope Summer Nightastic returns next summer with merchandise and something new added to the mix.

Hope you don't give up on SN. Try try again is what I say. August dates should make up for SN errors people are experiencing in the beginning.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Disney never said about having a soundtrack or logo specific merchandise, so it's just high hopes on your part. And soundtrack wise, they don't have to do it. There wasn't a Year of a Million Dreams soundtrack.
    There wasn't any new "shows" with new music like magical during year of a million dreams.

And saying they don't "have to" release a soundtrack, I suggest you go to the music store in main street after the fireworks and discover how much people ask for the soundtrack at the same time, of course some CM's dont know what to respond and offers the RDCT music, so after you see 20 people asking for the same thing and nowhere to be found you kind of think hey "maybe Disney has to release a soundtrack at least for the fireworks" but oh well we will just have to wait

Wink Re: Summer Nightastic Frustration?

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Others here can jump on you for hating what you've personally experienced and you have every right to voice your view on the promotion and parks.

I'm NOT going to be one of those upset with you for having an issue with the promotion.

I too was hoping for Summer Nightastic Merchandise I could order over the phone and have here for the 4th of July but alas that did not happen. I was hoping for carts selling SN stuff similiar to those light carts but cart with SN decor and merch.

And no PIN! I'm shocked at that one at least. They could have Dumbo castle pins, logo pins, new Fantasmic addition pins, EP addition pins, collector series but I guess the company plans on introducing the new addition pins as their own items without any tie in. Bummer.

As for Dumbo not flying, well I personally don't want to see video of the "puppet" tearing up in the sky before everyone and their camera's eye, oh what a terrible image yet shocking to watch. I would hope they could offer a firework to flash across the sky, sort of glide across on those "too windy" nights. You know, in place of him not appearing. I mean it is a fireworks show, they could do that.

I just made MP3 tracks of the videos offered on YouTube for my own personal use. I would suspect a soundtrack to be offered later, I mean they came out with a soundtrack over at WDW of the Pirates and Princesses party that hasn't come back and may never come back. It'd be nice to have a soundtrack available for purchase this summer, at least a soundtrack. I mean they got the girl from Wicked on there! How wicked is that?!?!

All I can say about Disneyland's Summer Nightastic is hey, at least they tried. Better than nothing right? I hope Summer Nightastic returns next summer with merchandise and something new added to the mix.

Hope you don't give up on SN. Try try again is what I say. August dates should make up for SN errors people are experiencing in the beginning.
    Made me feel better ... Thanks! I will give it one more try when dragon is ready

Is it necessary to complain? I'm sorry, someone may need to log me off right now ( im super tired and reading way to many negative threads) because all these threads about how so many things at the park suck are really bugging me, like ive posted in another thread... we are supposed to be be Celebrating the Happiest Places on earth.. Not Bashing the Happiest Places on earth.... like seriously... life goes on, a promotion here and there fail... please, just move on, Thank you.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy115 View Post
    Is it necessary to complain? I'm sorry, someone may need to log me off right now ( im super tired and reading way to many negative threads) because all these threads about how so many things at the park suck are really bugging me, like ive posted in another thread... we are supposed to be be Celebrating the Happiest Places on earth.. Not Bashing the Happiest Places on earth.... like seriously... life goes on, a promotion here and there fail... please, just move on, Thank you.
    Nicely said.. Enjoy the park for what it is.

And if no one agrees with that statement... Then shall we move President Obama to the hide-a-way protection shelter?

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    Nicely said.. Enjoy the park for what it is.

And if no one agrees with that statement... Then shall we move President Obama to the hide-a-way protection shelter?

Haha indeed

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I wish their was some Dragon Merchandise but like most people said it was last min soooo maybe next year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast