Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Disney aficionado

My Honeymoon June 17 - 23rd

Ok Things are finally beginning to settle down since my return from my honeymoon and settling in at my new townhouse in the wonderful state of Pennsylvania. As most of you know, I spent a good bit of time planning out my honeymoon and everything that we were going to do on it.
    All and all I think my planning paid off and my trip was a great success

A couple thank yous before I talk about my trip. A big thank you to everyone at MiceChat for the support and information! An even bigger thank you for one MiceChatter by the name of Laura A.K.A ParkFreak for getting us fastpasses for splash and saving us an awesome spot to see the fireworks show "Magical". She was super nice to us, almost complete strangers, and helped made our trip at Disneyland better than we could hope for.

Ok onto the report!

Day 1:
    We woke up at about 5:00 Eastern time. Made it to Pittsburgh International Airport with plenty of time and caught our flight to Anaheim.
    We had a 2.5 hour layover in Houston where we ate lunch at Wendy's and wrote some Thank Yous.

We landed in SNA about 2:00 and proceeded to pick up our car rental at Enterprise there. The people at Enterprise were nice, but not so nice to my wallet. Originally I planned on renting a car for a week for around $200. They charged you for fee after fee such as: tourist fee, airline convenience fee, and the kicker was the insurance on the car at about $20 extra per day. All and all I spent $350 for the rental car. They wanted to try renting me a GPS at $15 a day. I said, well I studied up for this trip, I don't need a GPS. I was right for the most part.

Since, we were so close to the beach I planned on heading south and visiting Corona Del Mar and Laguna Beach. We pulled into Corona Del Mar about 3:00 and we walked around there for about an hour. The water was frigid, so we both decided not to swim. Plus, my fiancee isn't the biggest fan of swimming either. We both stuck our feet in the water at least.

Around 4:00 we headed South down Pacific Highway 1 towards Laguna Beach. We pulled into Heisler Park and parked along the park at one of the metered lots that I paid for 3 hours or so with my credit card. We walked around Heisler park and down to the beach at various small beaches along the cliff side. At 5:00 we headed to Las Brisas and had a delicious dinner there. After dinner, we walked around Laguna again for a couple hours heading down towards the big flat main beach there. However, Heisler Park is by far the most beautiful of all the areas there I highly recommend checking it out.

After Laguna, we headed for our hotel and checked into our Ayres Hotel in Anaheim around 9:00. We were exhausted, but had a great day 1.

Pics from Day 1:

That girl with the green shirt above is my wife.
    That guy below is me haha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Day 1, I arranged with my mother's cousin to meet her Mother-in-law at the C in California outside DCA tomorrow because she was going to sign us into the park for free. Unfortunately, she wanted to meet at 9:00 instead of 8:00 when Disneyland opens, but nevertheless she was really kind to meet us period and let us get in for free, so we agreed to meet at 9:00 AM.

Day 2 DISNEYLAND!!! Thursday June 18th:

We woke up at 7:30, ate a quick continental breakfast in the hotel's dining room, and then headed on over to Disneyland. At Disneyland, we were told to park in the Pinnochio lot, but I think I missed the turn for it and ended up in Mickey and Friends. Regardless, we were parked and super excited to be there.

We took the tram and got into security by about 8:50. We met up with my mom's cousin's mother in law at slightly after 9:00, and she got us into the park and said have a blast and then we scampered off! We agreed to meet her there tomorrow at 10:00 to go into DCA.

On this particular day in Disneyland the park closed at 9:00 because of a grad nite and DCA closed at 6:00. They ended up doing the fireworks early, which I learned pretty much 15 minutes before they were shooting them off. Regardless, we were planning on having Laura a.k.a. "ParkFreaK" save us a spot on Friday for them.

Upon entering the park, we were told Kobe Bryant was there celebrating his Lakers victory. We scampered past his parade down Main Street because neither of us had little interest in the Lakers.
    The crowds regardless of this were pretty light according to my mom's cousin's mother and law and Laura.
    Here is about the order in which we did our day at Disneyland:
    Got a Fastpass for Space, rode Buzz - 5 min. wait, Peter Pan - 30 minute wait, rode the Matterhorn Tomorrowland side, ran into Kobe's parade took a picture of him, walked through Sleeping Beauty's Castle, got fastpass for Indy, went and got our Just Married buttons at City Hall, looked at some of the shops and the old Disney movie place on main street, ate at the Blue Bayou at 11:30. We had waterside seats and my wife absolutely loved it. The food was good but not great. We both had Monte Cristo sandwhiches, and they were tasty but very greasy, and I think hurt my wife's tummy a bit. Of course my wife, said she was feeling a tad sick after riding the Matterhorn already. She was a trooper and had fun nevertheless.

Laura called us and met us out front of the Blue Bayou, and she ran and got us Splash FP's while we ate lunch. Rode POTC.. Absolutely loved it . Met up with Laura and she gave us our Splash FP's. Rode Indy using our FP. I thought it was cool, but my wife was having some stomach pains from all the bumpyness, so she didn't care for it. We calmed things down by riding Pinnochio and then Alice in Wonderland. Then we rode SpaceMountain. My wife was worried about losing her glasses, so she rode it pretty much blind. I loved space, it was definitely a lot different that WDW version, and in my opinion better. We rode IASW, then grabbed a FP for BTMRR, and went over and rode Splash using our FP, rode Pirates again, and went back and used our FP for BTMRR, went back to tomorrowland and rode Star Tours, and Buzz again. Then we ate dinner by getting Corn Dogs at the Red Corn Dog Wagon. They were scrumptious. Only bad thing was that Celebrate parade was blasting us the whole time while we were eating. We aren't a fan of it, but I can see how little kids enjoy it. After dinner we went into some more stores. Then got in the standby line for Space since we both loved it. It ended up being like an hour and a half wait because the FP line was getting to be super long and the Stand by line was hardly moving. By the time we got done with riding Space a 2nd time, the fireworks were going off in the park and it was near dark. My wife wanted to ride her favorite splash again, so we tried sprining from space all the way over to Splash with about 10 minutes till closing time in the park. Unfortunately, I hit about 3 dead ends because of the fireworks shutting down Fantasyland and me mistakingly thinking ToonTown was the frontierland trail. We ended up making it as far as BTMRR and managed to get in line for it as the cast member was saying I am going to close this line in 10 seconds. We were the last train of the night to ride BTMRR (other than the grad nite people). BTMRR at night was amazing. My wife and I both agree it is far better at night; it seems much faster. We ended up leaving the park at about 9:20 and were apart of the mass exodous from it. It was such a great day .

Pics from Day 2 at Disneyland:

Well this has taken me a little longer than expected to put up, so it looks like you'll have to wait till tomorrow to see Days 3 and 4. Then the next day for 5, 6, and 7. I'll probably add a reply to my own post with pics from Days 3 and Days 4 and a recap of what happened tomorrow!
    Last edited by Yackerz; 07-06-2009 at 10:44 AM.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: My Honeymoon June 17 - 23rd

Looks great so far. I hope your trip was enjoyable.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Waiting Since 1992

Yay! Congrats on everything. I was following along when you were asking us for help, info., etc. I am dying to find out how you liked Blue Bayou!!!

Isn't Laguna the most lovely beach? Glad you guys got to experience it. I grew up going there and I have the fondest memories of that stretch of beach you took pics of.

Can't wait to read the rest.

• Hello again!

Did any CM go out of their way to do anything extra for your wife and you?

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoop View Post
    Did any CM go out of their way to do anything extra for your wife and you?
    Well, I tried sucking up to the CMs at Space Mountain to allow us into the FP line because FPs ran out for the night and there was an hour plus wait at that point in time. They didn't seem to care. I seen them giving out special coupons allowing them into the FP line to other people, so I figured it was worth a shot.

I can think of two nice things CMs did for us. At the blue bayou they gave us a little dessert for free. At DCA on Day 2, when we gave them our FPs for Tower of Terror, they said you can keep them and ride it again using them. However, we didn't really care to ride TOT twice. It was cool, but nothing super special. We ended up giving our FP tickets away to some family who was talking about it.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

It looks like all of your questions paid off. It looks like you had a great time.

And I love how you took time to go to the beach if even for a brief moment. I hope you can now vouch for the fact of how close Disneyland and the beach are to each other, and how everyone who visits the DLR should also go to the beach if even for a few short hours. (And by the way tourists are always shocked by how cold the water is here!)

• I'm not really here

Loving it so far! Glad things went well and the planning paid off. Always nice when it does Can't wait for the rest of the pics!

And congratulations

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    It looks like all of your questions paid off. It looks like you had a great time.

And I love how you took time to go to the beach if even for a brief moment. I hope you can now vouch for the fact of how close Disneyland and the beach are to each other, and how everyone who visits the DLR should also go to the beach if even for a few short hours. (And by the way tourists are always shocked by how cold the water is here!)

O most definitely! We aren't the biggest beach people, but the beach was a MUST. If you fly into SNA it was only a 10 minute ride South to Corona Del Mar which is a really nice beach. Only another 10 more minutes or so and we were in Laguna. Less than 30 minutes from Disneyland, to go to Disneyland and not see the beach for at least a couple hours doesn't make any sense.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Congratulations! Do you have any idea how lucky you were to go to the beach in June and see the sun! I'm impressed. Who do you know?

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Amazing shot of the castle! thanks for the trip report that is still in production.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

He's baaaaaaack! :-)

Congrats on the marriage. Nice TR so far, great photos. Looking forward to the rest!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Great TR!

and congrats!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Great report, I'm glad your honeymoon turned out so fun.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I'm SO glad that you had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see the rest! By the way, you guys are the cutest couple.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Directly directed

Congratulations! I'm glad that you had a great trip!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast