Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Boat shoes all day long

Question Improvements you want to see at DLR

Is there a thread where ideas can roam free? Where they can be let loose, graze, and have others look at them and decide if they are good, or if they need work? I couldn’t find one specifically, so I decided I would start one. This is an area for improvements Disney could make to the DLR. It is not for lengthy explanations, just bullets with a few words of clarification. Graze ideas, graze…

• Critter Country (formerly Bear Country): there are only two rides here, both featuring bears and other forest and bayou critters. I would like to see an expansion in this part of park. If anything, possibly some AA bears in the shrubbery. An alpine slide might treat this area with a much needed lift.

• Less mobility carts for rent. If you don’t use one in your daily life, why do you need one when you come to the park? The BRFSS sponsored by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has sited this as an inhibitor of obesity in Americans.

• Greater PSI from the drinking fountains located in areas where direct sunlight is an issue. Doesn’t it seem like the drinking fountains in the Big Thunder Mountain queue flow about half an inch above the spout? These need adjusting, and fast! According to Al Gore, the planet is getting warmer.

• Picking at the paint. We’ve all done it, whether we realize it or not. Waiting in line can be monotonous at times, and the only way to get by is to nonchalantly pick away at the integrity of the line dividers and structures themselves. Next time you go to the park, watch yourselves; by not doing this we are allowing restoration dollars to be spent on more important things, like a new E-ticket!

• Fantasmic effects. I know the show just went under refurb, so maybe this has been addressed, but I have noticed Kaa’s eyes are not as bright as they once were. When he comes around that corner with the music and monkeys and all that madness, those spot light eyes of his should flood the crowd.

• The Golden Horseshoe Review. What is this place? That’s all I want to know!

• Monitor the restaurants. I am not sure if any of you have ever been witnesses to this stunt, but I saw a man in his 70’s grab a plate of pasta from Pizza Port, proceed to the soda fountain, and pour the pasta into a large cup. He placed a napkin over the cup and back onto his tray, grabbing a cookie at the register. This guy paid for a coke and a cookie and got a full meal. I would have motioned to a CM, but the look on his face revealed possible greater problems associated with dementia.

• Autopia queue needs work. This was cool when it first debuted; I still like the little screens with the 3-D cars, but they need to reinvent this area. The theming on the attraction itself seems a little tired. Remember Gummy Glenn? I believe Gummy Glenn was in affect when they still had two car tracks and the Motor Boat Cruise. Help me out here, Gummy Glenn: great promotion, or the greatest promotion ever?

There’s a few for now, please add at will!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Banned User

Re: Improvements you want to see at DLR

I would make security evict from the parks anyone who is prejudiced against the disabled including hating us scooter users. I hate when people give me a dirty look for using the disabled entrance. I use my scooter to get from point A to point B and often walk onto rides and even use the regular lines if I can.

I like the trend of restaurants toward being disabled friendly and able to address special diets.

I would love to see better flow in some areas like Adventureland and the return of the Tahitian Terrace.

There needs to be a better parking area for ECVs and strollers in front of Toay Story Mania.

I would like to see more outlets for recharging my scooter. I had a friend who could not walk without a crutch and has lupus. I had to coax and push her scooter to the scooter rental area so it could be recharged. I then had to walk back to Award Wieners to get our lunch. I hurt for a week for having to walk so much. More outlets please.

• Laughing Place Finder

I'm not at all prone to panic attacks or fear of crowds but... at least 2-3 times per visit to Disneyland the crush of getting through Adventureland just about makes me close to losing my mind.

I don't know what can be done to alleviate this but the Bermuda Triangle of the Indiana Jones queue, the Jungle Cruise queue and the Bengal BBQ line is enough to make even the most level-headed among us Koo-kooo for Cocoa Puffs.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    I'm not at all prone to panic attacks or fear of crowds but... at least 2-3 times per visit to Disneyland the crush of getting through Adventureland just about makes me close to losing my mind.

I don't know what can be done to alleviate this but the Bermuda Triangle of the Indiana Jones queue, the Jungle Cruise queue and the Bengal BBQ line is enough to make even the most level-headed among us Koo-kooo for Cocoa Puffs.
    Jungle has little or nothing to do with the issue. To propose a solution first you must understand the problem.

Bengel BBQ is actually part of the problem, more to the point the tables/bar next to it. This is one side of a choke point. Indy's entrance and exit dump into the same location. On very busy days those waiting for a Fastpass loiter in the walkway further causing congestion. This is the second side of the choke point. Treehouse splits the path. It's been a split for many years but previously you could see where both sides led to. Now you have a huge tree in the way. The average tourist faced with this decision pulls out a map and stands right in the middle of the walkway to think about it. The Treehouse is the final side of the chokepoint.

The solution is also in several parts. Part of it would be to remove the bar, and most of the outwards seating area for Bengal. There was at one point talk of removing Bengal but I really don't think that is necessary. This widens the path on Bengal's side. On Indy's side they need to remove as much rockwork/fountain area as possible in order to provide more room. This would need to follow the entire path under Treehouse thereby expanding the walkway. Some rockwork/water is necessary but if you look you will clearly see how excessive it is. There was talk of Disney doing this, then they made some of the rockwork into a seating area thereby compounding the problem...

As to my "improvements for DLR"... how about some unique experiences instead of everything tied to a movie or a character...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Remember Gummy Glenn? I believe Gummy Glenn was in affect when they still had two car tracks and the Motor Boat Cruise. Help me out here, Gummy Glenn: great promotion, or the greatest promotion ever?
    Gummi Glenn was, to those of us who liked the Motorboat Cruise, a conceptual travesty. The dopeyness of its concept was dwarfed by the grotesqueness of its execution: crude plywood cutouts of the Gummi Bears staked in the ground like refugees from a dilapdated 1950's miniature golf course, lit at night by Home Depot floodlights and accompanied by incomprehensible character dialogue played at distorted levels through cheap speakers -- the cables to which were visible.

The whole mess had the appearance of being thrown up overnight.

It was a harbinger of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    As to my "improvements for DLR"... how about some unique experiences instead of everything tied to a movie or a character...

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Member; Mousketeer

My improvement would be fully comprehending
    the notions of theme, story and quality when
    implementing new rides/attractions into the Resort.

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

I would personally like them to add a monorail stop in california adventures, so that u don't have to got to Disneyland, and have to have a park hopper ticket.
    Also, I know this will never happen unless they built a new Disney theme park or Disney water park on Harbor Blvd., but if they had the monorail run down this street, that would be very convenient.
    I also wish they would have a waterpark like the ones at Disney-world, because they look amazing, and I wish I could just experience them.
    My last request is if they had more queues like Autotopia, because we are usually waiting long times for rides, and that can be unbearably boring.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

i would like to see some changes with the HISTH theather and innoventions. with HISTH should be a new show or a new ride. The old rocket rod/people mover track should etheir be put back as the peoplemover or some new ride. All im sayin tommorowland needs some work.

Also.. i would like the haunted mansion to have some additions..like the hatbox ghost and some new things that pop out at you.. the little faces that jump in the graveyard scene are doin it for me.. NEEDS TO BE a little more scary.

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Yeah, I forgot to put that they should do something with the rocket rods/people mover tracks.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I agree with the first post, the drinking fountains need to be improved.

However, I have to give Tomorrowland credit for having the best drinking fountains in the park. At least those have some pressure.

• we jumped out a window

While not a DLR improvement per se but how about a attraction wait times board at DCA?

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I would also like Madame Leota phone service for when rides break down.

• Banned User

What is it like to be in a stroller, wheelchair or ECV in Adventureland?
    BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS and rarely a crotch or the face of a small kid. Tap tap tap goes the control of the ECV. I hurry to reset to turtle speed. Inch by inch as people try to whiz past people walking too slow for them. Lines form as people try to get through the crowds.

Tiki bridge and be moider when you have a line stretching into Adventureland. People stop for that then oh decide to move on. There is the people waiting to get into Tiki but should they or shouldn't they but wait now they hold the line up to enter because of stragglers. Across the way are people huddled in the shade eating Dole Whips. Then there are the people milling around the bathrooms waiting for the rest of their group.

I wish I could make magnets to get people to stay to the right. Bathrooms and walkways have people on the left side of the road or hallway. People can get so rude because you did not know they were waiting for the restroom facilities because they are on the left side. I would zap that button and organize lines so that people would be in line. I hate how people will be so disorganized while I am in the restaurant line right behind the person in front of me.

Lines ooh my bain and peeve.

• Hello

Cool Re: Improvements you want to see at DLR

I think every land can use some work.

• Critter Country could add a new attraction, possible right on the river.

• Add something similar to the mine trains back to Frontierland. It could use some of the space along the river and the space taken up by the festival stage.

• A small attraction or a restraunt could be added to the former Skyway building in Fantasyland.

• Toontown needs a real attraction other than Roger Rabbit. Possibly take out Chip and Dale's Treehouse, Donald's Boat, and the rollercoaster to build a larger, better more themed kiddie rollercoater.

• Do something to the former motorboat lagoon. Add fountains or something to lighten up the area.

• Now Tomorrowland. First take out Starcade and add the Peoplemover station there. Replace HISTA with something, possibly a real attraction. Bulldose Innoventions to build a real futuristic city with stores and restraunts. Autopia could become a moon/Mars landscape where you drive in Moon-carts, Mars rover, and hover cars of some sort.

• Lastly, this is like a "if you have any money left over" project. Redo the submarines to be more like, or exactly like the old one. Nemo isn't quite "futuristic."

• Fancy that...

A new attraction in Frontierland. Either being "Geyser Mountain" or "Western River Expedition"

A revamped Tomorrowland including brand new sleek and shiny facades with an overall white, gray, and silver color scheme with some blue here and there.

an attraction to replace Innoventions.(includes bulldozing that whole building)

Star Tours 2.0 with all the rumored updates.(3D, randomized experience)

Peoplemover 2.0/ Rocket Jets platform returned to normal.

The Starcade's two floors would be gutted- the first floor would accommodate the expanded Star Traders witch would have to spill into there since the front portion of the store would be bulldozed for more walking space on the outside.(as well as to be less of a nuisance for guests getting off of Star Tours)
    The second floor would provide space for the dream home stuff from Innoventions. Except now it would be more like the dream apartment, not titled that of course, but you get the idea.

I would LOVE for BLAB and the FNSV to go away forever but you know that isn't going to happen. An interactive attraction as well as a voyage under the sea on a submarine are two AMAZING concepts that you don't see that often in your average theme park and therefor work perfectly for Disneyland... so if they could re-invent them without a movie tie in(and in BLAB's case, a bigger budget as well) I'd be very happy.

That's all I've got for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast