Is there a thread where ideas can roam free? Where they can be let loose, graze, and have others look at them and decide if they are good, or if they need work? I couldn’t find one specifically, so I decided I would start one. This is an area for improvements Disney could make to the DLR. It is not for lengthy explanations, just bullets with a few words of clarification. Graze ideas, graze…
- Critter Country (formerly Bear Country): there are only two rides here, both featuring bears and other forest and bayou critters. I would like to see an expansion in this part of park. If anything, possibly some AA bears in the shrubbery. An alpine slide might treat this area with a much needed lift.
- Less mobility carts for rent. If you don’t use one in your daily life, why do you need one when you come to the park? The BRFSS sponsored by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has sited this as an inhibitor of obesity in Americans.
- Greater PSI from the drinking fountains located in areas where direct sunlight is an issue. Doesn’t it seem like the drinking fountains in the Big Thunder Mountain queue flow about half an inch above the spout? These need adjusting, and fast! According to Al Gore, the planet is getting warmer.
- Picking at the paint. We’ve all done it, whether we realize it or not. Waiting in line can be monotonous at times, and the only way to get by is to nonchalantly pick away at the integrity of the line dividers and structures themselves. Next time you go to the park, watch yourselves; by not doing this we are allowing restoration dollars to be spent on more important things, like a new E-ticket!
- Fantasmic effects. I know the show just went under refurb, so maybe this has been addressed, but I have noticed Kaa’s eyes are not as bright as they once were. When he comes around that corner with the music and monkeys and all that madness, those spot light eyes of his should flood the crowd.
- The Golden Horseshoe Review. What is this place? That’s all I want to know!
- Monitor the restaurants. I am not sure if any of you have ever been witnesses to this stunt, but I saw a man in his 70’s grab a plate of pasta from Pizza Port, proceed to the soda fountain, and pour the pasta into a large cup. He placed a napkin over the cup and back onto his tray, grabbing a cookie at the register. This guy paid for a coke and a cookie and got a full meal. I would have motioned to a CM, but the look on his face revealed possible greater problems associated with dementia.
- Autopia queue needs work. This was cool when it first debuted; I still like the little screens with the 3-D cars, but they need to reinvent this area. The theming on the attraction itself seems a little tired. Remember Gummy Glenn? I believe Gummy Glenn was in affect when they still had two car tracks and the Motor Boat Cruise. Help me out here, Gummy Glenn: great promotion, or the greatest promotion ever?
There’s a few for now, please add at will!