Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

Anyone else think female CM uniforms are hideous?

With the exception of Indiana Jones and Frontierland, female CMs are really getting shafted with having to wear unisex (men's) uniforms througout most of the parks. Tomorrowland, some sections of Main Street, DCA. Surely after all this time Disney could offer its female employees something more feminine than just throwing the same stuff the men wear at them, right? What's wrong with cuter cut outfits that are suited more to a woman's body? Why make practically everyone wear a man's outfit? Even though this might not be a big issue for some people, it's one of my biggest gripes about the park. It just... doesn't.... look... good. At all. Now I'm not talking about ultra flared pants or short skirts and low-cut tops, just a female version of the outfits the men wear. Slimmer cut pants and less bulgy tops. In other words, what Disney is famous for... presentation.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone else think female CM uniforms are hideous?

? No female on Mainstreet wear the same uniforms as men.

• Grim Grinning

The Haunted Mansion uniforms are much different from the men's. I don't really see a problem with them.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I don't really get your complaint--most female uniforms are, indeed, different from those of men.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

I don't see a valid complaint from this, though I think most uniforms do nothing to flatter people figures and they could stand to be a bit tighter fitting (with both Men and Women) and more revealing! I mean I'm sure people in the 1920s didnt dress like Wenches all the time.
    The Pirates of the Caribbean uniform are sexy with their slightly exposed male chest.
    I live and breathe for these artistic ladies...

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Crowd control could use some female clothing, as well as the space mountain uniforms.

The blue/white suits they wear infront of the castle before the fireworks are not too hot.
    Ohhai!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I know that there a lot of CM's (both girls and boys) that complain about their costumes a lot, but what's more important to a good majority of them is that if they're comfortable and if they're able to move easily just in case they need to in them. Being able to breathe or be agile is more important than looking good.

Anyone remember the Storybookland Canals and Mad Tea Party female uniforms from years ago? I miss em.

• Disgruntled Former CM

Wink Re: Anyone else think female CM uniforms are hideous?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    With the exception of Indiana Jones and Frontierland, female CMs are really getting shafted with having to wear unisex (men's) uniforms througout most of the parks. Tomorrowland, some sections of Main Street, DCA. Surely after all this time Disney could offer its female employees something more feminine than just throwing the same stuff the men wear at them, right?
    You are SO right on! I've never understood why the male Cast Members working on Main Street were required to wear those boring lace-trimmed blouses, those floor-length skirts, and the bustles...

(you don't think that the Adventureland and Frontierland costumes are unisex?)

I think that we can chalk this all up to THEMING: Costuming is required to protect the Cast Member, distinguish him / her from the Guests, fit in with the Theming of the Land and Attraction / Venue where they are assigned, provide a uniform appearance while fitting the greatest number of body types possible, and be comfortable enough to allow a full range of movement - No Easy Task.

"Here you leave the World of Today behind..."

Cast Members are not at work to show off the latest in Fall Fashions, nor are they supposed to be drawing attention to their unique attributes (or lack thereof); they are there to perform a professional, skilled assignment, see to the Guests safety and comfort, and be a personal representation of the Disney tradition: clean, polished, and professional.
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Pirates also has different male and female costumes. Tomorrowland costumes are just unattractive no matter who is wearing them.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    You are SO right on! I've never understood why the male Cast Members working on Main Street were required to wear those boring lace-trimmed blouses, those floor-length skirts, and the bustles...

(you don't think that the Adventureland and Frontierland costumes are unisex?)

I think that we can chalk this all up to THEMING: Costuming is required to protect the Cast Member, distinguish him / her from the Guests, fit in with the Theming of the Land and Attraction / Venue where they are assigned, provide a uniform appearance while fitting the greatest number of body types possible, and be comfortable enough to allow a full range of movement - No Easy Task.

"Here you leave the World of Today behind..."

Cast Members are not at work to show off the latest in Fall Fashions, nor are they supposed to be drawing attention to their unique attributes (or lack thereof); they are there to perform a professional, skilled assignment, see to the Guests safety and comfort, and be a personal representation of the Disney tradition: clean, polished, and professional.
    I think when compared to some of the hideous things Florida's costuming produces (like any of the Holiday party costumes at the Magic Kingdom), the fairly normal costumes that all sexes in Disneyland get are a step up.

I think they all fit the theme, for the most part look more comfortable and normal to wear, and seem to fit better than Florida's. So no, I don't think they are hideous.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

I think the Outdoor Vendor costumes are hideous. It is the same as the mens' outfit. The pants are ill-fitting and stiff. You get bulges in the crotch and they are really high waisted with a straight leg style. Having to tuck in your top with those pants is really unflattering, especially with feminine hips. The tops are also baggy and shape-less. It would be best to have a more sleek top that didn't need to be tucked in. Also, perhaps pants made with a more stretchy material could fit wider sizes in a more flattering manner.
    ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦
    Yana
    ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Anyone else think female CM uniforms are hideous?

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    I think when compared to some of the hideous things Florida's costuming produces (like any of the Holiday party costumes at the Magic Kingdom), the fairly normal costumes that all sexes in Disneyland get are a step up.

I think they all fit the theme, for the most part look more comfortable and normal to wear, and seem to fit better than Florida's. So no, I don't think they are hideous.
    I agree! I was discussing this from a Disneyland Resort perspective, but when compared to Disney World, we ARE wearing the latest in Fall Fashions!

Quote Originally Posted by Yana_Neko View Post
    I think the Outdoor Vendor costumes are hideous. It is the same as the mens' outfit. The pants are ill-fitting and stiff. Having to tuck in your top with those pants is really unflattering, especially with feminine hips. Also, perhaps pants made with a more stretchy material could fit wider sizes in a more flattering manner.

And, I do have to agree with you: the Outdoor Vending costumes do seem to be "the worst", still...
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• Boat shoes all day long

Although the uniforms may be different, they are still unflattering in many ways. I think the Star Tours uni's are nice along with that outfit Pocahontas wears.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cutlass View Post
    Pirates also has different male and female costumes. Tomorrowland costumes are just unattractive no matter who is wearing them.

I still like the orange ST uniforms for the women. Still as form-fitting as I remember back when I was working there.

Woof!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast