View Poll Results: Is Snow White's scary adventure scary??

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 22.29%
  • no

129 77.71%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• I'm A Disney Girl

Re: Is Snow White's Scary Adventure too scary???

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Good thing you didn't ride the pre-remodled Fantasyland version. It was a LOT more scarier back then!
    Care to elaborate?

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    Micechat is an interesting dichotomy:

On one hand I'll read through endless discussions about how the Disney company is ruining Disneyland by homogenizing it...then, a discussion about how one wants to remove an original ride for being "too scary".

Maybe the OP is right, we should rip a piece of history out and replace it with a ride featuring The Little Einsteins.While they're at it, why don't they also take out The Hollywood Hotel: Tower of Terror and replace it with The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
    No one is suggesting that Snow White be removed.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    Maybe the OP is right, we should rip a piece of history out and replace it with a ride featuring The Little Einsteins.While they're at it, why don't they also take out The Hollywood Hotel: Tower of Terror and replace it with The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSH! You're giving them ideas!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Good thing you didn't ride the pre-remodled Fantasyland version. It was a LOT more scarier back then!
    I vaguely remember this version and it seemed scarier too. Of course I rode it when I was 3, so that makes sense. I remember the large skull outside most vividly (not skull rock).

• failure for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    No one is suggesting that Snow White be removed.
    I see no difference between removing "scary" elements from a ride that has the word "scary" in it's name, and removing the ride completely.

• Haunted Mansion Fanatic

Here is an overall gist of the original Snow White's Adventures:

The ride first began with you entering the Seven Dwarfs mine. You entered through an enormous wooden door that was marked "Vault" over top, and Dopey at the side holding the door open for you. You then careened through the mines, which took up almost half of the entire ride, through creaking timbers and seeing more mineshafts in front of you at each turn (through the use of blacklit murals). You then saw six of the seven dwarfs all picking away and digging to the tune of "Dig, Dig, Dig." Before leaving the mines, you then saw a concerned looking Dopey appearing again, this time pointing a sign that read "Beware of the Witch!"

The ride then went out into the forest, where Snow White's animal friends all stared back at you. Rounding the corner up ahead was the dwarfs cottage happily in the distance. However, the car made a sharp turn to the right, leading to the path where a sign pointed "Witch's Castle." The vultures appeared overhead of you, as you made your way through the portcullis of the Queen's Castle and finally into the dungeons. In the darkness, threads hanging from the ceiling gave the feeling of being brushed with cobwebs as you saw skeletons locked in the cells or chained to the walls. One skeleton even chanted "Go baaack! Go back!" while one actually lunged forward at you from the wall. Passing through an archway, the shadow of the Witch could be seen laughing up ahead. Rounding the corner, the Witch appeared, hunched over her cauldron and dipping the apple into it as smoke billowed from it. You then wound your way back through the dungeon, until the witch once again appeared, popping around from the side of the column and offering the apple to you.

Crashing out of the dungeons, you then found yourself outside in the dark forest. Trees twisted and leaned towards you, as a mobile of bright leering eyes stared at you and floated behind the trees. Up ahead, the dwarfs cottage appeared once again, but instead the door flew open and Witch appeared once again with the apple towards you. You then wound back once again through the forest and toward the cliffs where once again the Witch appeared. This time she appeared on the cliff with the giant boulder above. She laughed manically and pushed the boulder down on top of you, and you then found yourself back outside in the loading area.
    Last edited by TightropeGirlLover; 07-07-2009 at 02:05 PM.

• Haunted Mansion Fanatic

Sorry for the double post, but thought I would add these here. Here are some wonderful pictures of the original Snow White's Adventures, courtesy of one of the E-Ticket's earliest issues.

• Storyteller

^ Thanks so much for this. I couldn't have asked for a better ride-through description. I'm sorry I missed it (I wasn't yet born).

• I'm A Disney Girl

Quote Originally Posted by TightropeGirlLover View Post

The ride first began with you entering the Seven Dwarfs mine. You entered through an enormous wooden door that was marked "Vault" over top, and Dopey at the side holding the door open for you. You then careened through the mines, which took up almost half of the entire ride, through creaking timbers and seeing more mineshafts in front of you at each turn (through the use of blacklit murals). You then saw six of the seven dwarfs all picking away and digging to the tune of "Dig, Dig, Dig." Before leaving the mines, you then saw a concerned looking Dopey appearing again, this time pointing a sign that read "Beware of the Witch!"

The ride then went out into the forest, where Snow White's animal friends all stared back at you. Rounding the corner up ahead was the dwarfs cottage happily in the distance. However, the car made a sharp turn to the right, leading to the path where a sign pointed "Witch's Castle." The vultures appeared overhead of you, as you made your way through the portcullis of the Queen's Castle and finally into the dungeons. In the darkness, threads hanging from the ceiling gave the feeling of being brushed with cobwebs as you saw skeletons locked in the cells or chained to the walls. One skeleton even chanted "Go baaack! Go back!" while one actually lunged forward at you from the wall. Passing through an archway, the shadow of the Witch could be seen laughing up ahead. Rounding the corner, the Witch appeared, hunched over her cauldron and dipping the apple into it as smoke billowed from it. You then wound your way back through the dungeon, until the witch once again appeared, popping around from the side of the column and offering the apple to you.

Crashing out of the dungeons, you then found yourself outside in the dark forest. Trees twisted and leaned towards you, as a mobile of bright leering eyes stared at you and floated behind the trees. Up ahead, the dwarfs cottage appeared once again, but instead the door flew open and Witch appeared once again with the apple towards you. You then wound back once again through the forest and toward the cliffs where once again the Witch appeared. This time she appeared on the cliff with the giant boulder above. She laughed manically and pushed the boulder down on top of you, and you then found yourself back outside in the loading area.
    Dude--that is AWESOME--wtf don't we have THAT anymore?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ So basically, the Witch kills you at the end of the original version?

Quote Originally Posted by SHowardcpa View Post
    Yikes! Where is Kazoo to save me from the evil dumb dumbs?
    (RIP Harvey Korman).
    I think you mean Gazoo... The Great Gazoo. /cartoon nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    I think Snow White in DL is a little scary for small kids, especially since you don't really see Snow White. In WDW they show enough of Snow White that it isn't all doom and gloom.
    In DL's version YOU are Snow White. That was Walt's intention. But people complained about not seeing Snow White in the ride, that they added her to a couple scenes in WDW's version.

• Minion

scarey to a 3 -11 year old..yes scarey to us..as adults no its actually cooler now..cant wait for the upgrades

• Animation Domination

Wow, Snow White's Scary Adventures looked better before the reconstruction of New Fantasyland.
    Kind of a different twist.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by ladydiamond View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by TightropeGirlLover View Post

This, Ladydiamond. Thank you so much for the description, too. This ride scared me so much that I would refuse to go on it. So I don't have a detailed memory of the ride, but that description and the pictures brought those memories flooding back. It was very scary!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Wow, Snow White's Scary Adventures looked better before the reconstruction of New Fantasyland.
    Kind of a different twist.
    Most of the Fantasyland rides were better prior to Fantasyland's remodel.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Sn..sn..sn..sn..snow White scares me almost as much as Sm..sm..sm..sm..small World.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• I'm A Disney Girl

now I am interested to see how Peter Pan and Pinocchio differ

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast