View Poll Results: Is Snow White's scary adventure scary??

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 22.29%
  • no

129 77.71%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

Is Snow White's Scary Adventure too scary???

Ok i personally think that Snow White is too scary for Fantasyland because i scream every time I go on it. But thats my opinion so I would like to hear what everyone else thinks about the ride
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Re: Is Snow White's Scary Adventure too scary???

Scream in what part?
    I personally think its kinda nonsensical and random to the point that it confuses me rather than scare me.
    I live and breathe for these artistic ladies...

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

I scream on the part where she is infront of the mirror and she turns around. the first time i went on it was the practice gumball rally and the only time i will go on it is in the gumball rally... but the other parts when she comes out of no where freak me out...
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Would you rather have a ride exploring the wonders of house cleaning and dancing dwarves?

• I'm not really here

I don't think it is scary at all. It is most decidedly "darker" in tone however. Skeletons of prisoners long since dead clawing their way through iron grates towards trickles of water in a fruitless attempt to live? Giant nightmarish haunted forest of trees looming over you, grinning wickedly? Yeah, definitely not a happy kids ride. It is darker, much more atmospheric and has a gritty reality to it. It is with a purpose however... Snow White running through that forest was terrified. So much so that the trees appeared alive to her. How many times have we been alone at night in an unfamiliar place and our imaginations start running away from us. We imagine every creak of a floorboard or whistle of the wind through the bowers to be some living entity sneaking up on us.

The ride really conveys the feelings and emotions of the story incredibly well, and I love it for that. It is my favorite of all the dark rides. Walt used to say that kids should never be spoken down to or pandered to. They are intelligent and deserve to be treated as such. His movies reflected this. He never hid the reality of life. He may not have shown it outright, but it wasn't some vague, hidden thing. Bambi's mom gets shot. There is no secret to that. The villains in his movies were actually villainous, not some grey area in between. This ride reflects that black and white world view that he used in his films.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Lol. I personally think that part is fun and a cool little trick for the technology available at the time. My 6 year old cousin thinks that part is "cool" and doesn't find it scary at all.

My brother rode it when he was really little and was so scared, he didn't ride it again until he was 16.

I liked the ride, except for one thing. I felt the car moved through the ride so fast that you couldn't really pick up on the details of the ride. Which is really sad. I felt dissapointed more than scared.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Good thing you didn't ride the pre-remodled Fantasyland version. It was a LOT more scarier back then!

• Disgruntled Former CM

Wink Re: Is Snow White's Scary Adventure too scary???

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Would you rather have a ride exploring the wonders of house cleaning and dancing dwarves?
    and telling a cautionary tale of cavorting with wild, un-tamed rodents, birds, deer, and other woodland creatures?

Sponsored by Western Pest Control...

LOL; this cracked me up!

NO - the ride is wonderful (especially when the FOG is working...); slightly more grown up kids LOVE this - and they'll think back to when they were terrified of it (the year before - when they were "just babies") and be so proud that they 'made it through'!

Or, maybe I've just got a Mean Streak a mile wide!!
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Good thing you didn't ride the pre-remodled Fantasyland version. It was a LOT more scarier back then!

yep
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Disgruntled Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I don't think it is scary at all. It is most decidedly "darker" in tone however. Skeletons of prisoners long since dead clawing their way through iron grates towards trickles of water in a fruitless attempt to live? Giant nightmarish haunted forest of trees looming over you, grinning wickedly? Yeah, definitely not a happy kids ride. It is darker, much more atmospheric and has a gritty reality to it. It is with a purpose however... Snow White running through that forest was terrified. So much so that the trees appeared alive to her. How many times have we been alone at night in an unfamiliar place and our imaginations start running away from us. We imagine every creak of a floorboard or whistle of the wind through the bowers to be some living entity sneaking up on us.

The ride really conveys the feelings and emotions of the story incredibly well, and I love it for that. It is my favorite of all the dark rides. Walt used to say that kids should never be spoken down to or pandered to. They are intelligent and deserve to be treated as such. His movies reflected this. He never hid the reality of life. He may not have shown it outright, but it wasn't some vague, hidden thing. Bambi's mom gets shot. There is no secret to that. The villains in his movies were actually villainous, not some grey area in between. This ride reflects that black and white world view that he used in his films.
    Excellent Post! I agree 100%!
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

I think Pinoccio is morer scarier.

Boys in a cage with their noses growing (somehow oddly excites me).

Turning into a donkey.

Then a giant whale?

Yikes! Where is Kazoo to save me from the evil dumb dumbs?
    (RIP Harvey Korman).

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    and telling a cautionary tale of cavorting with wild, un-tamed rodents, birds, deer, and other woodland creatures?

Sponsored by Western Pest Control...

LOL; this cracked me up!

NO - the ride is wonderful (especially when the FOG is working...); slightly more grown up kids LOVE this - and they'll think back to when they were terrified of it (the year before - when they were "just babies") and be so proud that they 'made it through'!

Or, maybe I've just got a Mean Streak a mile wide!!
    I agree with this and might I also add that you are AWESOME.

It scares my 9 yo niece when we ride it. Personally I think Haunted Mansion is alot creepier, but then again Mansion doesnt sit in Fantasyland.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast