Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Smile 06.29.09 & 06.30.09 Disneyland & DCA Trip Report

June 29th, 2009

I visited Disneyland with two friends on June 29th and June 30th, 2009. We all met up at a hotel in Gardena, and spent the night. At 6:30a.m, we woke up…got ready, and headed to Anaheim around 7:00a.m. We parked out in Pinocchio and were able to reach the main gates at 7:46a.m.

First stop, Carnation Café. We were greeted by Oscar and we all enjoyed “Oscar’s Choice.”

We headed over into Tomorrowland and rode Space Mountain. Then, on our way back...we decided to jump in line for the Matterhorn. The Matterhorn's line was only 10 minutes.

On our way into Frontierland, we passed a bird that looked like a statue...but it was cute...

Big Thunder was next on the list.

Well, the line was short...so we rode again, three times.

After shopping through Frontierland, we started to get a little hungry. I asked a while back about Rancho Del Zocalo and it got mixed reviews...so we decided to try it for ourselves. The food, was kinda crappy. Not terrible, but not good. I had the citrus chicken, CC had the carne asada, and Evie had the tostada. On the good side, the chips con limon and the cinamon sugar chips were tasty.

After lunch, we headed over by the Castle to take some pictures.

I hate It's A Small World...with passion. Other than the fact that the dolls use to creep me out...the song always gets stuck in my head. But, somehow I got talked into it. And for the record, the dolls still creep me out and we all had the song stuck in our head.

After walking around, and people watching...we decided to go back and check into Paradise Pier. But first, I got a picture of the flowers.

The check-in was fast and easy and we soon had our room. And...with the mind set of three 5 year olds....our first plan was....the WATERSLIDE! Time goes by fast when you're having fun...before we knew it...we'd been at the pool for 4 hours.

With pruned skin and soaked towels....we headed back up to the room to prepare for Disneyland at night.

COMING UP NEXT....
    Disneyland At Night
    & Day 2 At DCA

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: 06.29.09 & 06.30.09 Disneyland & DCA Trip Report

looking forward to the rest...
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Nice pic of the Matterhorn. How long did it take you to get the bobsleds in there together?

• Indiana Scott

Ah, theres nothing like a good TR to end the day with!

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I don't think I've ever had the luxury of going to Disneyland, leaving to spend time at an awesome pool, then returning for the evening ALL IN THE SAME DAY.

Wonderful report! I feel like i'm on vacation reading this!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Part 2: Disneyland at Night (*Please note: My camera doesn't take very good pics at night...)

It was around 7:15 when we entered the main gates again and we headed straight to Fantasyland.

Our first ride was Peter Pan, followed by Alice in Wonderland and the Tea Cups...
    We rode in the plain pink cup and the line was a walk on!

Next, we rode Dumbo and the Casey Jr. Circus Train - in the monkey cage, of course. We then rode the Storybook Land Canal Boats (one of my favorites), twice. It was hard to see some of the houses at night, but still fun!

We went and grabbed dinner at the Plaza Inn. We all had the fried chicken and watched the fireworks from the outdoor patio. Mmm...salty goodness.

After dinner, we went and claimed our seat for Fantasmic. A darn good show. But, we realized that we missed the Jungle Cruise...so we snuck away from the show a few minutes early to beat the crowds and then headed over to view the "sign of danger." Our skipper was HILARIOUS. There was only 6 of us in the boat so he was going a little off the beaten path - joke wise. Here was his "I want to go home but I'm going to pretend I'm enjoying this" pose:

When another cast member asked him to do his "sexy" pose...he replied: "What do you think this is? Universal Studios?!" And here was his "Superman" pose.

When someone asked him if he got to leave at midnight, he replied "I've tried...many times...but the mouse....he just keeps....pulling me back in. He never lets us leave....we're like slaves of the magical land....help me....please!!!"

It was now 11:25, and we headed over to the Coke Corner and got a root beer float. That's the dangerous thing about Disneyland...the food....it's everywhere! After one last ride on Big Thunder, it was 12:00a.m...so we headed out of the park.

We cut through the Grand CA Hotel...

And ended back at our room, tired, and ready to get some rest for DCA.

Coming Up....
    Day at DCA

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    looking forward to the rest...

Quote Originally Posted by BenekinJones View Post
    Nice pic of the Matterhorn. How long did it take you to get the bobsleds in there together?
    Thanks! I wasn't waiting for the 2 bobsleds to show up - I was just taking a picture of the Matterhorn and that's how the picture turned out. Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Ah, theres nothing like a good TR to end the day with!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    I don't think I've ever had the luxury of going to Disneyland, leaving to spend time at an awesome pool, then returning for the evening ALL IN THE SAME DAY.

Wonderful report! I feel like i'm on vacation reading this!
    Aw, thank you!

• Banned User

Loved it! That guy looked much more entertaining than the "you can record the jungle but not me, sir" girl. AND he let you take pictures of him haha.

• Shifting cargo

OMGOSH, more more more! I love it!!!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• MC, this is LD

Looking forward to the rest of your pictures!!! They are all very lovely, and it looks like you had a great time! Great trip report!!!

--KAN

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Very lovely TR. Can't wait for more, keep them coming. Good job!

• Minion

You got a really great shot of my favorite ride, the matterhorn! I love it! And that CM is too funny, they always make it enjoyable !

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Those night shots look pretty good to me.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Day 2: Disney's California Adventure

The view from our room:

The previous night, we had thought about ordering room service - well, then we vetoed the thought because they added a 19% gratuity. For room service...ouch. Instead, we opted for the PCH Lilo & Stitch Breakfast. Without asking about prices, or knowing how much it would cost....we got a seat. The buffet was good - they had everything from pancakes to chicken nuggets to scrambled eggs with ricotta cheese to salmon. Stitch had a particular liking to our table...he kept coming by and smothering us. But Stitch made the breakfast worth it. I will say...$105 for three people, for breakfast is steep.

After breakfast, we walked over to DCA and went straight to Soarin'. The line saied 45 minutes, but then due to "technical difficulties" (someone had fallen or done something, so they had the entire left side of the ride cut off...) the line increased to 65 minutes.

Then, we headed over to ride the Grizzly Rafting ride, my favorite attraction at DCA. But first, I bought a poncho. LOL.

We walked around and ended up over by the entrance of Screamin', so that's what we went on. Evie had never been on a rollercoaster...and she claims she doesn't plan on going on another.

Coming Up:
    Part 2 at DCA

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Those night shots look pretty good to me.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    You got a really great shot of my favorite ride, the matterhorn! I love it! And that CM is too funny, they always make it enjoyable !

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Very lovely TR. Can't wait for more, keep them coming. Good job!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by KAN View Post
    Looking forward to the rest of your pictures!!! They are all very lovely, and it looks like you had a great time! Great trip report!!!

--KAN

Gracias!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    OMGOSH, more more more! I love it!!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Loved it! That guy looked much more entertaining than the "you can record the jungle but not me, sir" girl. AND he let you take pictures of him haha.
    Thanks! And yes, he was great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast