Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Indy Castmember

Independence Day with the Pixies and Singing Birds

The majority of the pics I took were at Pixie Hollow (now my 2nd favorite place in the park).

Expecting huge crowds at DL on July 4th, my dad dropped me off at DTD around 8 AM. Normally, I enter the park via Monorail but it was shut down when I arrived so I just walked over to the gates. To my surprise there was no line at the security checkpoints and barely a line at the ticket booths on both sides. With my AP I went ahead to the DL entrance where there was barely a line anywhere. I saw my CM friend who was driving one of the Omnibuses on Main Street and I rode with him at the front seat to get to the hub faster. Since Pixie Hollow wasn't open yet, I headed on over to Indy where it was around 20-35 min line around the time I got there. I used SLR the whole day on IJA. After walking around for a bit, I headed on over to Pirates for a quick break from the increasing heat. I went on over to Pixie Hollow around lunch to see the line was long, so I decided to just go in around parade time when it's shorter. So I headed on over to Rancho since it just opened, and luckly it was empty. Later on, I went over to the Main Street Photoshop to get a photo from my last visit.

Photos are still uploading on my Photobucket account so I'l continue this trip report as soon as it is finished. Heres whats coming up in the next part.

-Continuing my 4th of July experience story
    -photos of Pixie Hollow
    -and a rundown on what my plans were.

Stay Tuned for Part 2 because thats when all the pics will be up.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Re: Independence Day with the Pixies and Singing Birds

What makes pixie hollow your favorite place in the park?

I feel so dumb for unintentionally skipping it on my last visit and am very eager to see the new light/water show.

• Queen Elsa

Can't weight to see your pixie hollow pics

• Future Indy Castmember

Well my photos have finished uploading so on with the TR!

Continuing where I left off, I returned to Pixie Hollow around 2:30-3:00 to get a shorter wait. When I entered, I was hoping that Fawn would be out since I haven't seen Fawn in a long time. But it was Iridessa, so I went ahead to get a pic with here since I barely have any pics with her.

Then I moved on to Tink, and this Tink I like the most because she's always happy to see me. Sorry if can't see me or Tink, the shade was in the way.

I then headed on over to the Enchanted Tiki Room where I found Maynard working. While we were talking, this guest came up to him and the this funny conversation followed:

Guest: Does the Tiki Room have real birds?
    Maynard: Well, we've been having this for 46 years...
    Guests: So you've been having real birds in here for 46 years.

She actually thought there was real birds in the Tiki Room.

Well here are some pics of the Tiki Room waiting area and an Inside pic

There are more to come so stay tuned!!

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Queen Elsa

That lady is crazy. I'm with you on with Fawn haven't seen her in a long time and she is my favorite along with Silvermist.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    That lady is crazy. I'm with you on with Fawn haven't seen her in a long time and she is my favorite along with Silvermist.
    Yeah, I was hoping she would be there but last Sat wasn't the case, hopefully, I see Fawn next time I go.

I went over to DCA for an hour, primarily to find my sister who was working on the parade route for DEP. I decided to go on over to Mickey's Fun Wheel since I haven't been on it since the makeover.

Heres a pic I took from the top. You can see the contrast of The Matterhorn's snow and the desert like mountains of Southern California in this pic.

I found my sister after I went on Fun Wheel, and we chatted for a bit while playing ball with some of her CM friends also working (she was with DCA's Game Squad by the San Fransisco Area.). After that, I returned to Disneyland wtith most of the Celebrate Parade already moving on to the final stop by Small World. Perfect time to head back to Pixie Hollow to see who was there. The second time around, the first up was Silvermist, and this Silvermist, I haven't seen before.

Moving on to the Teapot House, Tinker Bell wasn't there surprisingly. Rosetta was there and I think it was a good trade-off because I have not met Rosetta before.

I then headed to Indy for another ride then made it back to Pixie Hollow 15 min before the characters went away. I asked a CM if Tink came back yet, and he said not yet, so we talked for a bit until it hit 8PM. Wasn't intentional, but I was the last person in line for the characters as the CM's closed the line after I went in the line. Now here is another funny story that follows.

So as I was waiting in line at Pixie Hollow around this time, one of the managers actually went into the area with the waterfall to retrieve a piece of someones Hannah Montana Mic that fell into the area. Now, I was surprised that a manager would actually do this in the view of guests. But the person's daughter who lost the piece was really saddened by losing that piece that they couldn't wait until later. Well, thats how it happened.

As I took these pics I was surprised how these turned out. These were really good shots.

As I head inside, It was the same Silvermist again from earlier.

I looked behind me, and sure enough I was the last person in so it after the group in front of me left Pixie Hollow, it was just me Tink, Silvermist, the PH CM's, Photopass CM's and the manager that went into the waterfall to get the piece I mentioned earlier.

This Tink remebered me from the last time and was also happy to see me again. I also like this Tink.

Conclusion coming up soon!!

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Nice photos, I went t oPixie Hollow during Parade time and discovered that............................. THERE WAS NO LINE!!!! I think there was the fact that there was a CM there saying that Matterhorn way is blocked off due to the Street Party.

Good job, TFE, can't wait for more pictures, keep them coming!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Great pics TFE! Cute Tink pics!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Queen Elsa

Yes it's very good and I also have never seen that Silvermist before. She must be new. I was also there on June 27th and Fawn wasn't there only ones I saw was Tink,Silvermist and Iridessa.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

It's weird, I only saw Silvermist, Rosetta, and Iridessa on the same day, July 4th. Usually, it just two fairies and Tink, weird.

• Queen Elsa

Hey what is also weird is Rosetta is never seen on Sat. But Fridays at less that I have knotes myself.

• Future Indy Castmember

Onto to the conclusion! So after saying goodnight to Tink, I made my way to westside and walked around, debating on what to do next. Since I was near ROA, I figured why not just see Fantasmic! since I had no interest in seeing the 4th of July Pyro. And I just needed to make sure that the Dragon wasn't running since there was a lot of talks about the repairs on the dragon. After Fantasmic! I went on to HM which did not have a line. I then made my way to Splash Mountains entrance to talk to my sister's boyfriend who is also a good friend of mine. After the brief conversation, I waded my way through all the crazy, L.A. Style, 91 FWY Rush Hour traffic on Main Street U.S.A. to take more night shots of Pixie Hollow. I took a quick spin on Buzz where I ranked a Level 4. I don't know why but everytime I go on Buzz I always get either a level 3 or a level 4 rank and rarely a level 5 rank. Mabye I need to play more Halo 3. Anyway, to wrap this up, I present the final shots of Pixie Hollow (yeah I know, theres something about Pixie Hollow at night that compels me to take night shots, and not just the light shows.)

These were taken during the light show

So heres a breakdown what I rode that day:

Indiana Jones Adventure: 9 times. All with Single Rider
    Big Thunder Mountain: 2 times with FP
    Disneyland Railroad: 1 roundtrip
    Buzz Lightyear Astro blasters: 1 time stand-by
    Disneyland Omnibus: 2 times
    Matterhorn Bobsleds: 1 time (Tomorrowland Side)
    Pirates of the Caribbean: 1 time
    Haunted Mansion: 1 time
    Jungle Cruise: 1 time
    Mickey's Fun Wheel: 1 time on the Swinging Gondolas

Things planned:

Talk to my Sister in DCA- Accomplished
    Purchase photo of me and Iridessa- Accomplished
    Meet Rosetta at Pixie Hollow- Accomplished
    See Fawn again at Pixie Hollow- Failed, to be hopefully accomplished soon
    Watch Fantasmic! to confirm Dragon Suspicion-Accomplished
    Do not watch 4th of July Fireworks- Accomplished

So the day was perfect, not crowded, got to see familiar faces. Overall, a Fantasmic! Holiday!

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. And my sympathies go with the family of the killed monorail pilot at WDW which I found out after I got home.

THE END

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Banned User

Blog Entries

The Pixie Hollow At Night Shots are beacutiful!!

Great TR. The Pixie Hollow shots are extremely mice, especially the second one in your part 3. (Can hardly wait for a chance to get there and see it)

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    What makes pixie hollow your favorite place in the park?

I feel so dumb for unintentionally skipping it on my last visit and am very eager to see the new light/water show.
    Good question. Well first, the line for the characters is generally either shorter or faster. And in someways is similar to Mickey's House in Toontown. And unlike PFF, Pixie Hollow's lines tend to be shorter during parade time. And the area is so beautiful at night, and even better with the night show thats now there.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast