Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Resorts 3rd theme park

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I would love to see a Marine version of Animal Kingdom
    I like that idea...they could also tie in some waterpark-like rides and Tony Baxter's Mysterious Island idea.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Kawasaki Kreep

After looking at the site via live earth I had an idea. What if the land was used for a massive expansion of DCA or DL?
    Now here me out. Obviously the land is separated by some distance, but what if an elevated train was used to ferry people back and forth between the two areas. I suppose the monorail would work but Something a bit higher capacity would probably be needed. I think it would be totally cool if you boarded a time traveling steam train. You would start out already inside one of the parks and get a spiel about leaving modern life behind as you travel over harbor blvd. As you come to the new land your train passes through a massive new mountain and emerges on the other side in this new land. When your train stops you get off and go explore this vast new wilderness themed area.
    This new area could be filled with lavishly themed rides on a massive scale to the tune of the original mine train, heck maybe build Discovery bay back there. If it’s treated like a land and not a park suddenly I think the space could be used more effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by evmo View Post
    After looking at the site via live earth I had an idea. What if the land was used for a massive expansion of DCA or DL?
    Now here me out. Obviously the land is separated by some distance, but what if an elevated train was used to ferry people back and forth between the two areas. I suppose the monorail would work but Something a bit higher capacity would probably be needed. I think it would be totally cool if you boarded a time traveling steam train. You would start out already inside one of the parks and get a spiel about leaving modern life behind as you travel over harbor blvd. As you come to the new land your train passes through a massive new mountain and emerges on the other side in this new land. When your train stops you get off and go explore this vast new wilderness themed area.
    This new area could be filled with lavishly themed rides on a massive scale to the tune of the original mine train, heck maybe build Discovery bay back there. If it’s treated like a land and not a park suddenly I think the space could be used more effectively.
    That would be really hard to do, they are quite far away from each other, they could possibly make DCA continue over but it would be hard.

Instead they should have a park devoted to Jules Verne novels. That would be cool, like Discovery Bay and stuff.
    -Tyler

• Banned User

It seems to be that Disney was unable to aquire the full square block of property that they had intended to do back before DCA was finished. The strawberry fields space itself is too small for a full 3rd theme park addition hence I am certain that the waterpark will end up occupying.

However if Disney was or will be able to aquire the residential complexes surrounding the fields I think it would be a perfect location for a pretty sizeable park that could easily accommidate any of the before-mentioned park ideas.

You could use the existing K-lot as the new park's lot, and even have a considerably large sized backstage area to accommidate remote operations facilities.

Personally I would love to see either Westcot of Disney Seas here but economically who knows what Disney is going to be able to afford? This makes me wonder if they are using the surplus set aside to fund that 3rd park to instead revamp DCA.

• Senior Minion

I believe a new hotel was just approved for the corner of Harbor and Katella, so they probably won't ever get that entire block. However, I think they could find an off site location for a parking structure or just build the Pumbaa structure and add another one in either Pinocchio or Simba or both. At least that way they could use all of the field and most of the K-lot for the park. I've also heard rumors that Disney already does own more of the adjacent residential lots then we know about.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

I think they could get a full sized park, they could build another parking structure somewheres.
    -Tyler

• Not here to help

Why not just build a new version of the best themed park in the world? DisneySEA beats them all!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Imagineers can out-do themselves if they were given the opportunity. They just have lots of budget cuts and all that stuff in the planning stages, the Imagineers were allowed to go all out for DisneySea because the OLC was willing to give them a HUGE budget.
    -Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    It seems to be that Disney was unable to aquire the full square block of property that they had intended to do back before DCA was finished. The strawberry fields space itself is too small for a full 3rd theme park addition hence I am certain that the waterpark will end up occupying.
    The land that they already own, that is the fields and the parking lot, is roughly the same size as the block of land that made up the Grand Californian Hotel and California Adventure on opening day. So if that's not a big enough chunk of land for a full third park, I really don't know what is.

That entire block of land, the fields, lots and a residential areas is about the same size as Tokyo DisneySea and significantly bigger than Disneyland Park Paris but much smaller than Epcot.

Waterparks are much smaller, and can fit in any number of other locations Disney already owns. No one will travel across country to visit a waterpark- they will to visit a DisneySea quality park.

Personally I would love to see either Westcot of Disney Seas here but economically who knows what Disney is going to be able to afford? This makes me wonder if they are using the surplus set aside to fund that 3rd park to instead revamp DCA.
    That was the rumor I heard, that the $1+ billion being spent on DCA was originally allocated to the third gate.

• I read the news today...

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post

However if Disney was or will be able to aquire the residential complexes surrounding the fields I think it would be a perfect location for a pretty sizeable park that could easily accommidate any of the before-mentioned park ideas.

You could use the existing K-lot as the new park's lot, and even have a considerably large sized backstage area to accommidate remote operations facilities.

I would love to see a DisneySea style park instead of a waterpark. Plus, checking out Google Maps, if Disney obtained the full square block, it is roughly the size of Disneyland itself (aside from the backstage areas).

So, Disney actually has quite a bit of room to work with for a possible new park.
    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

• Member; Mousketeer

The Oriental Land Company invested
    massive amounts of money to create
    DisneySea the way it is.

Does one think that Disney is actually
    going to invest money, of their own,
    to create a clone of DisneySea?

To clone a version
    and bring it to the Disneyland Resort
    would bring such high expectations
    from locals and the fan community.

Meeting those prospects alone would be
    such a task in of itself to fulfill.

Sure Disney can meet those high standards
    but, again, will they want to?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Why not just build a new version of the best themed park in the world? DisneySEA beats them all!
    As much as I would love to 'sea' that (pause for laugh track). The problem is that given this location it would be extremely costly and extremely problematic to build DisneySEA in any inland area. Tokyo DisneySEA works because it is located in Tokyo bay. This contributes to the massive amount of ambient water that can be pumped in and out of its lagoons. This probably helps the OLC cut costs in infastructure and instead could emphasize the focus in attractions, etc. To replicate this in Anaheim would be super costly just for the 'Sea' effect alone. This is why the idea for a US DisneySEA died along with the inability for Disney to secure the queen mary site in Long Beach as it would have been the most optimal location.

I think that a very shrewd business decision for Disney would be to use the land to build Walt's concept park for Burbank, with a modern twist of course. Imagine how many people across the world knowing the Walt Disney story would want to go to that kind of a park. Screw the teenagers, they have DCA, and all the nay-sayers can stay in Disneyland till their dumbo pods fall off. That as a 3rd gate would rock IMO.

If Disney ever start to built the third theme park for Anaheim it should be the original plan for the DisneySea in Long Beach, along with hotels to block katella Ave. and harbor Blvd.(also I do look forward to that day when disney
    announced an new theme park and while waiting
    patiently as the resort improves slowly)

They could build the WestCot theme park on the third gate property but…I personally rather have the DisneySea Long beach version or something new altogether like what Uncle Bob mention an theme park based on Myth and legends.

• Senior Minion

Huh? Why would they want to build something designed 60 years ago for a different site with no modern technology and in which all of the most interesting parts exist in DL?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus Carter View Post
    A Myths and Legends park would seem to be the best call- especially with the move to homogenize the parks. Any fantasy based additions to Animal Kingdom could be added, same for DisneySea's future additions and it allows for World Showcase like areas-that is lands themed around the far off locales of the world, in the context of the myth's and legends that defined those cultures.

That said, I personally like the concept of a DisneyAir park-celebrating the dream of flight. Lots of Steampunk hot air balloons, Da Vinci's flying machines, the Rocketeer, and the space program. One of the advantages there is that most rides involving flight could utilize large show buildings which would function as an effective berm.
    You and I are very much on the same page here. I like the myth concept because it would allow some sharing of rides while also hopefully allowing for flexibility in the lands and uniqueness to each park overall. It also obviously allows for many existing Disney properties to be used and should allow them to feel appropriate mixed in with more 'realistic' adventures.

I've actually also suggested a “flight” based theme before; I think it’s a fantastic idea and I really don’t recall ever hearing anyone present the idea other then myself. I had called the concept DisneySky, but it was almost exactly as you described. Actually, I had some ideas that could actually work well in either of those two concepts. A dragon flight simulator, a Mary Poppins ride, an Aladdin’s Magic Carpet ride and a Bermuda Triangle based ride. Actually, it would be neat to see them put that one with a boat at TDS and a flying version in a “Air/Sky” park.
    -Walt Disney

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast