Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Stockton, CA; AKA too far from Disneyland (5 hrs, 48 mins/375.1 mi)

Re: Disneyland Resorts 3rd theme park

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post
    an exspansion of tootown?
    maybe...?
    And how would that work out??? Mickey's ToonTown is part of Disneyland Park, and that strawberry field is not even conncted to Disneyland Park itself. That really makes no sense at all. If Mickey's ToonTown were to get an expansion, it would expand into important space backstage, which can't be done.
    Last edited by HatboxGhost209; 07-17-2009 at 05:59 PM.

• Haunted Mansion Fan

post deleted by poster
    Last edited by HatboxGhost209; 07-17-2009 at 05:58 PM.

• Haunted Mansion Fan

post deleted by poster
    Last edited by HatboxGhost209; 07-17-2009 at 05:58 PM.

• Imagineer In Training

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    I ment to say when the current parks are completed and Disneyland is ready for a third park. Oops my mistake!
    But, but......
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt
    Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.
    Just saying

• Drink life to the lees.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
    -Walt Disney

So what's gonna be Disneyland Resorts third park? Any ideas?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    How about nothing? Two parks are already one too many.
    Exactly. When Walt said, "Disneyland will never be completed.... " I don't think he meant build another theme park where the parking lot used to be.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by grrandram View Post
    Exactly. When Walt said, "Disneyland will never be completed.... " I don't think he meant build another theme park where the parking lot used to be.
    He said, "It will continue to grow", which for some reason, many people tend to leave out. Thus, I think that is pretty much exactly what he was saying.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus Carter View Post
    As much as any of us may or may not want further expansion, it would seem to be clear that Disney still wants to turn the Disneyland Resort into more of a vacation resort, rather than a stop on the trip, which makes it fun to speculate as to what further expansion will entail.
    What has always seemed strange to me is, a resort in Anaheim? There's no ocean. Just concrete and buildings and smog as far as the eye can see. A resort? By the 5 freeway? okay....

Quote Originally Posted by evmo View Post
    After looking at the site via live earth I had an idea. What if the land was used for a massive expansion of DCA or DL?
    Now here me out. Obviously the land is separated by some distance, but what if an elevated train was used to ferry people back and forth between the two areas. I suppose the monorail would work but Something a bit higher capacity would probably be needed. I think it would be totally cool if you boarded a time traveling steam train. You would start out already inside one of the parks and get a spiel about leaving modern life behind as you travel over harbor blvd. As you come to the new land your train passes through a massive new mountain and emerges on the other side in this new land. When your train stops you get off and go explore this vast new wilderness themed area.
    This new area could be filled with lavishly themed rides on a massive scale to the tune of the original mine train, heck maybe build Discovery bay back there. If it’s treated like a land and not a park suddenly I think the space could be used more effectively.
    Would not work, the whole point is to increase guest stay to help fill the hotels. Whatever is added in the strawberry field would have to be a separate ticketed gate.

The main problem is distance between Disneyland and the strawberry field.

One thing that would had been nice is if Disney had the chance to evict the 7-eleven along with the two hotels in the corner of Harbor and Katella. Then DCA could have a second entrance.

The city along with Disney could then add pedestrian friendly bridges to connect all four corners. Allowing guests to safely walk across form DCA diagonally to the strawberry field. Obviously the opposite corner would also make the perfect place for a Disney hotel and an esplanade of the third gate.

I hate the idea that the third gate will have similar issues as DCA. They have old motels and crappy little shops that line the parks boundaries on the Katella/Harbor side

• Senior Minion

What has always seemed strange to me is, a resort in Anaheim? There's no ocean. Just concrete and buildings and smog as far as the eye can see. A resort? By the 5 freeway? okay....
    It's an urban resort, all those things can be mitigated by good design, remember, the imagination part of Walt's quote...
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

It is difficult to think what he wanted but there is a reason he went and purchased 54 square miles in Orlando. He had many ideas for disneyland that could not be done due to land constraints. He also had several ideas for other destinations in other parts of the country.

I think that if he had the money and was alive he might have easily built more than one park in Orlando or tried to buy more land in Anaheim. He always regretted not being able to secure the land around Disneyland for future ventures.

I have been to resorts in the middle of the desert with sand and nothing else. I don't think a resort needs to be next to an ocean as long as it has enough to keep people entertained and busy for more than one day.

I ment to say when the current parks are completed and Disneyland is ready for a third park. Oops my mistake!
    i doubt the parks would ever be completed, yes they might run out of room but there will always be something to change.

If they are serious about eventually adding a third gate it would make no sense to wait until Disneyland and/or DCA are built out. There always has to be room for expansion and change in those park. the only thing that needs to happen is that both the first gate and second gate are stable enough to be able to take any shift in guest flow.

When the plans for the DCA's revamp were first described to me one of the things that was mentioned was that their priority was to expand DCA to a size that was comparable to Disneyland. At the same time increase guest attendance clicks so that a third gate could go into development.

They expect that when a third gate is built that it would cut into both Disneyland and DCA's attendance. The biggest hit would of course be to DCA which would be acceptable because at the same time a third gate would extend the amount of time an international guests might spend at the resort

I am sure that many if not all have seen the interview that D23 did with Bob W. and Steve D, in regards to WOC.

Notice the last questions.

"Q: When do you think this will all be completed?
    Bob: We always default to the great Walt quote that, "Disneyland will never be finished as long as there is imagination in the world." We actually have phases of Disney's California Adventure that we are working on that come beyond what we've announced. So this park, just like Disneyland or any of the other parks, will continue to develop over time as the audience builds and evolves. So I'm not sure that it ever ends — thankfully for us!"

These additions to DCA are only the beginning and if the numbers look well in 2012 do not be surprise to see even more announcement soon after. It is all about making sure DCA is ready to defend itself from a baby sister

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Disneyland needs better state of art "PARKING" before they even think of a 3rd park!

• Higitus Figitus

It would be pretty neat to see a Disney Villains theme park.

Or give Pixar a permanent home?
    as someone mentioned before, these are too precise to be developed into entire theme parks.
    BUT I STILL LOVE THE VILLIANS IDEA!
    i think it could be used as
    -a new theme for the paradise pier hotel
    or
    -an AP or DLR hotel customers only land; kinda like a less exclusive club 33? just include very specific shops that have been increasingly absent in DL and DCA, meetings and pics with some of the rarer characters, and maybe a couple dark rides or rides that you can participate in like toy story mania

what do you think?
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast