Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Disneyland Resorts 3rd theme park

When DCA is completed in 2012, and If you had the opportunity to make the strawberry field south of Disneyland into a Disney theme park, what kind of theme park would you build?
    -Tyler

Re: Disneyland Resorts 3rd theme park

I know it is not Original at all, but DisneySea from Tokyo. I feel liek Westcot would be compared to Epcot and fall in comparision because of the size limitations. But a small DisneySea would be the only one of it's kind in the USA, it would be GREAT.

• Greetings, Program!

The oft-mentioned water park should go there.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    The oft-mentioned water park should go there.
    Bulldoze the parking lot behind Paradise Pier hotel and thats plenty of room for a water park, or even if they completely redid the entire Paradise Pier hotel property they could rebuild it and include a hotel/water-park. Or your idea would be pretty cool if they had a big volcano in the center like Lava Lagoon was to have.
    -Tyler

• Senior Minion

No water park, and no clone. I would like to see a theme that combined foreign locales and myths and legends. It would be somewhat Disney Sea-like, but definitely not a clone. I guess you could also kind of think of it as a more fantasy based World Showcase.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    No water park, and no clone. I would like to see a theme that combined foreign locales and myths and legends. It would be somewhat Disney Sea-like, but definitely not a clone. I guess you could also kind of think of it as a more fantasy based World Showcase.
    I was thinking the same.. Myths and Legends. How about Beastly Kingdom?

• HauntedOne999

Due to the size that is actually available... the park really couldnt be that big. But I would really like to see Disney's America come to light.

The Main Street would be Liberty Square - lined with shops and exhibits about the revolutionary period of the country. The signature attraction would be the Hall of the Declaration of Independence - an AA show(based on the original unfulfilled idea presented for Liberty Square at Disneyland).

Western River Expedition (frontierland/adventureland) with attractions based on the exploration of the west.

Enterprise - the Tomorrowland of the park...A mock factory town, it would have highlighted American ingenuity where guests could have ridden a major roller coaster attraction called the "Industrial Revolution", traveling through a 19th century landscape with heavy industry and blast furnaces. And, on either side of the coaster would have been exhibits of famous American technology that defined the American industry in the past, and new developments that would have defined industries in the future.

Mickeys Toon Farm - the fantasyland of the park
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Senior Minion

Meh, Disney's America was the precursor, likely would have been flop, to DCA. We already have DL which is mostly America themed, DCA is also western USA themed, the last thing I'd want to see is more "America" theming. Almost any ride you would put in DA would also be able to fit in DL or DCA.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• HauntedOne999

^ well then that only leaves a Mythology themed park (Beastly Kingdom)...since there is no way they could fit an AK in the space.

But I would still like to see Disney's America refined and built somewhere.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I would love to see a Marine version of Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    When DCA is completed in 2012, and If you had the opportunity to make the strawberry field south of Disneyland into a Disney theme park, what kind of theme park would you build?
    A Myths and Legends park would seem to be the best call- especially with the move to homogenize the parks. Any fantasy based additions to Animal Kingdom could be added, same for DisneySea's future additions and it allows for World Showcase like areas-that is lands themed around the far off locales of the world, in the context of the myth's and legends that defined those cultures.

That said, I personally like the concept of a DisneyAir park-celebrating the dream of flight. Lots of Steampunk hot air balloons, Da Vinci's flying machines, the Rocketeer, and the space program. One of the advantages there is that most rides involving flight could utilize large show buildings which would function as an effective berm.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

How about nothing? Two parks are already one too many.

• I don't know him!

Hear, hear.

Get the current parks to an acceptable standard first please.

• HauntedOne999

well a third park wouldnt even be atempted until DCA is fully finished with its remake

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    When DCA is completed in 2012
    I ment to say when the current parks are completed and Disneyland is ready for a third park. Oops my mistake!
    -Tyler

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast