View Poll Results: What would you rather?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theme Park

63 82.89%
  • Water Park

13 17.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Fancy that...

Re: Theme park, or Water Park

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    Great ideas!
    Air is sort of a tricky one to come up with haha! They could use hot air ballons and blimps.
    Yeah but what would the lands theming and layout look like? If it was all indoors in a blimp it would be cool, but wouldn't that be man made and therefore "human"? If it was the entrance to the park that would be very unique and cool... but I don't know how sold I am on this idea to be honest.

• Disney Night Owl

I have always thought it might be neat to have a park dedicated to the villains of Disney. I am pretty sure that something like this won't see the light of day but I think about it every now and again.

At first, I thought it was a neat idea to try and do our own rendition of Tokyo DisneySea but receiving a watered down replica doesn't sound all that appealing. However, if done right, it could be something pretty darn neat for those who can't make that trek to Tokyo.

Whatever be the case, I know I don't want to see a Disney water park. I know people love them but I'm personally not a fan.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

I really, really like the idea of Disney Villains, but how would they build that? Because Disney is all about making their parks happy and all of that.
    -Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Yeah but what would the lands theming and layout look like? If it was all indoors in a blimp it would be cool, but wouldn't that be man made and therefore "human"? If it was the entrance to the park that would be very unique and cool... but I don't know how sold I am on this idea to be honest.
    Believe me, when I first thought of the park, I said hey sounds like a pretty good idea. And then as I got further into thinking of the specific areas and attractions, I got a little stumped.

First off, I realize that a lot of what would go in the four non-Human lands would still have something to do with humans. Human being to label for the entry land was a bit of a quick idea "well, the lands filled with MAN-made wonders, why not call it Human". There is an obvious flaw.

As for the other lands, I was thinking Water could be split into a scientific outpost in the arctic circle, maybe an Atlantis area (not themed to the movie but the concept of an underwater city) and an aquarium of exotic fish. (these are mainly man-made places)

Air is very tricky. I was visioning an airfield (man-made) ...

Earth I didn't think about a lot yet.

... ... ...

After I came up with this idea and thought about, I almost immediately tried to create other concepts of parks. I had decided to post it on here to see what feedback I would get. I pretty much have heard what I previously found.

I wouldn't want this taking up the valuable space. However, I did create some cool symbols for the different lands that resemble the original epcot symbols!

Any other ideas ...

• Fancy that...

I'm sticking to my Disney Portal idea. hah. Unless that's a bad name for it. With the myths and legends theme you can get a jules verne inspired land, a roman mythology inspired land, a mysterious island, a space themed area... maybe a "Holiday Land" that's all indoors and it has the Nighmare Before Christmas "Halloween Town"... and maybe along with a "Christmas Town". I also liked the idea of a "Night on Bald Mountain" ride/ land. Each Land could have it's own E-ticket Mountain. The Roman area would have a Mt. Olympus as both a weenie and an E ticket. Any other Land ideas?

• Animatronic

This was originally my plan for DCA, but I think it could work with the strawberry field as I think it's big enough. The first step would be to build an underground tunnel from the west side of Disneyland all the way to the new plot of land. This would allow a path for the doom buggies and a proper expansion to the Haunted Mansion. The whole plot of land would be a show building and this should allow extending the ride length of the Haunted Mansion to around 3 hours. I'm really surprised no one else has proposed this yet.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

No on the water park. They just don't do that well in SoCal. Even if you heat the water, the air is too cold for too much of the year.

• Not a Minion

I'd love to see a new theme park. I doubt there's space for it, but I'd love to see a California based "Animal Kingdom" added to the resort...

mainly I want to see expedition everest make its way to california

Wow, interesting, everyone wants to see another theme park. Seems like there is to much water park in Socal.
    -Tyler

• I read the news today...

The water park idea just seems like something that would be unoriginal. I can go to a waterpark anywhere and they are all the same. Just a bunch of slides and pools. I feel like even if Disney intensely themes each attraction at the waterpark, the ride still is ultimately a water slide. Even if it completely takes place in a show building or something, it is still going to be a water related attraction. A waterpark just doesn't leave a lot of room for different, original, and creative attractions like a theme park does. So, for me it's not about climate or anything like that, it's that a waterpark doesn't lend itself to creative ideas aside from pools and water slides.
    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

While I love to get wet on a hot summer day, I don't swim and I refuse to be seen in public in any kind of a bathing suit so... theme park.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123