View Poll Results: What would you rather?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theme Park

63 82.89%
  • Water Park

13 17.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Theme park, or Water Park

What would you rather see built in Disneyland Resort? A water park? Or a theme park?
    If either... what kind of water park or theme park?
    Last edited by Tyler1994; 07-07-2009 at 05:44 PM.
    -Tyler

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Re: Theme park, or Water Park

Water park

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Theme park.

The Paradise Pier hotel site has more than enough land for a new hotel and water park combination. No need to waste the Strawberry field on a park that won't add real profit potential to the resort.

As to what it be, I like the idea of DisneyAir, but also find the notion of a DisneySea or Myths and Legends park equally exciting.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

A water park would be a waste of space. It is just too cold for most of the year in Southern California for a water park to make sense in that space.

They'd spend a ton of money building it and probably have to close it for a big chunk of the year.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I've noticed people really want to see a DisneySea theme park. Although I'm positive that if they ever did decide to build a DisneySea in Anaheim or even anywhere else, it wouldn't be as amazing as the one in Tokyo.
    -Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    I've noticed people really want to see a DisneySea theme park. Although I'm positive that if they ever did decide to build a DisneySea in Anaheim or even anywhere else, it wouldn't be as amazing as the one in Tokyo.
    I don't think we'll ever see anything of that scale built again. The expenses involved are just too high(nevermind that the strawberry field alone isn't big enough for a clone of DisneySea). Rather, I think whatever is built will be smaller in scale and high quality.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    A water park would be a waste of space. It is just too cold for most of the year in Southern California for a water park to make sense in that space.

They'd spend a ton of money building it and probably have to close it for a big chunk of the year.
    I agree a water park just doesnt make sense... the weather here in CA has toooooo many variables

exactly... there is not enough space to make a Sea themed park are even a small lake would take up too much of the land. I mean with the land that is there when you factor in backstage space and service roads... any park would end up being small... it would have to end up being a boutique park - small, intimate, and it would have a very low capacity.

I dont even think the last concept for Disneyland for Burbank(before they got the land for anaheim) would even fit on the land that is available
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

That is true, they will never ever make a park as cheap as WDS, HKDL, or especially DCA. It makes more sense to build them on a scale like AK and then add other attractions later (EE).
    -Tyler

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

But you have to remember, they have the water at 80 degrees at the Florida water parks, so why not at one in California.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Although a water-park would be really cool and it would add to the experience of Disneyland, there is already two theme parks and a Downtown Disney, why not add a little more variety and put a water park in? It would be sooo cool if they themed it well and Disney water parks seem so cool. After all their is only two other Disney water parks around the world.
    -Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    exactly... there is not enough space to make a Sea themed park are even a small lake would take up too much of the land. I mean with the land that is there when you factor in backstage space and service roads... any park would end up being small... it would have to end up being a boutique park - small, intimate, and it would have a very low capacity.

I dont even think the last concept for Disneyland for Burbank(before they got the land for anaheim) would even fit on the land that is available
    Using the Bing Maps tool, DCA has an area of 0.15 square miles(including the Timon lot and the GCH) while the Strawberry field and connected Disney Property total 0.12 miles. So we're probably looking at a park about the same size as DCA 1.0.

put a slide into DCAs bay instant Water park

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus Carter View Post
    Using the Bing Maps tool, DCA has an area of 0.15 square miles(including the Timon lot and the GCH) while the Strawberry field and connected Disney Property total 0.12 miles. So we're probably looking at a park about the same size as DCA 1.0.
    Does that include Grand Californian? That takes up a lot of space. You could actually get a decent sized park out of the strawberry fields, DCA wasn't planned out very well from the beginning and took up a lot of unnecessary space.
    -Tyler

Does that include Grand Californian? That takes up a lot of space. You could actually get a decent sized park out of the strawberry fields, DCA wasn't planned out very well from the beginning and took up a lot of unnecessary space.
    Yeah, it does.

Of course some of that space will have to be used for the backstage infrastructure, unless they can somehow utilize DL and DCA's infrastructure. The other problem is that the land is oddly shaped, and they'll probably have to use some of it for a monorail station or tram plaza(perhaps both). Even with that, though, it's still enough for a more than solid park, especially if Disney owns any of the surrounding properties.

Disney should buy some of the other properties and some cheap hotels, knock them down and use them for backstage/some more Disney hotels
    -Tyler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast