View Poll Results: Should They Keep The Maliboomer?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 9.02%
  • No

83 62.41%
  • Re-theme It

38 28.57%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Question What Is Going To Happen With The Maliboomer?

My question is ever since the announcement of the California Adventure Renovation, Disney has stated that they were going to remove the Maliboomer by 2009.
    Well its 2009, and the Maliboomer is still here. I personally love the ride, its one of my favorites, and after hearing rumors that they were planning on remodeling it, I was excited.
    So what are they going to do with the Malibbomer?
    I do agree that it needs to have a new theme to fit in, and that it looks very tacky with the background falling off the ride.
    But in the end, what are they going to do with the Maliboomer?

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

• Banned User

Re: What Is Going To Happen With The Maliboomer?

It is not hurting anything by being left there forever. I think it will stay until they can put a ride, show, offices, or other building in its place. Why demolish it and take away an attraction when they can leave it there until they have something better to put there.

• Laughing Place Finder

They should rename it "Mission to Mars" j/k

Everyone I know who rides it loves it so I don't see the reason for ripping it out. I say keep it unless they fear it will mess with the "World of Color" show.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• failure for lunch

I've never agreed with the idea often said here that Paradise Pier is a failure and will never be anything more than a tacky land filled with carnival rides.

Maybe it's my own captivation with old Coney Island footage. I feel that if the right mood is evoked Paradise Pier can rival lands like New Orleans square, Main Street...even Frontierland.

..But the MaliBOOMer is at a stalemate however. I just can't see them retheming the attraction in any way to truly make me feel like I'm in an era gone by and long lost in the early 1900's. It's the smaller details that Paradise Pier will require to set the mood, NOT the volume of rides thrown together inside of it 'just because the park needs rides'.

MaliBOOMer has to come down in order for Paradise Pier to flourish and take you away to a place like Coney Island in its heydey. For all mystique it takes away from the reimagineered land, it gives little. The line is never over 10 minutes (even on busy days) and lasts little under a minute.

I really hope that by the end of 2012, the ride will be gone. It will be an instrumental part of Paradise Pier changing direction and fulfilling it's potential.

• Banned User

Just keep it for now.. then when the expansion is nearing completion take it down.

I still feel like it should eventually be removed. The helix cleaned and a new structure built. The structure would be a highly themed queue with a show building behind it.

The layout could be similar to the way they did the Midway Mania structure. Queue in front show building behind

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

If there's significant amount of space to do a great D-Ticket, then I'm all for it.

Otherwise, I really wouldn't mind the attraction staying. I would just rather it lose the tacky art along the towers. Build little victorian tips at the top with some flags. I'd be okay with that until they get something good in there. Because like folks have said, it's not 'hurting' anyone.

And I'm usually a stickler for 'man, why can't they fix things up' but DCA is getting its fix up and I know that asking for maliboomer replacement so soon just won't happen.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

i thought the maliboomer is gonna become goofys flight school

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by MostExalted View Post
    i thought the maliboomer is gonna become goofys flight school
    That would be Mulholland Madness which is a wild mouse coaster. I've said it before... but why are they putting an airplane in the middle of a seaside themed area?

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    ...But the MaliBOOMer is at a stalemate however. I just can't see them retheming the attraction in any way to truly make me feel like I'm in an era gone by and long lost in the early 1900's. It's the smaller details that Paradise Pier will require to set the mood, NOT the volume of rides thrown together inside of it 'just because the park needs rides'.

MaliBOOMer has to come down in order for Paradise Pier to flourish and take you away to a place like Coney Island in its heydey. For all mystique it takes away from the reimagineered land, it gives little. The line is never over 10 minutes (even on busy days) and lasts little under a minute.

I really hope that by the end of 2012, the ride will be gone. It will be an instrumental part of Paradise Pier changing direction and fulfilling it's potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Otherwise, I really wouldn't mind the attraction staying. I would just rather it lose the tacky art along the towers. Build little victorian tips at the top with some flags. I'd be okay with that until they get something good in there. Because like folks have said, it's not 'hurting' anyone.

And I'm usually a stickler for 'man, why can't they fix things up' but DCA is getting its fix up and I know that asking for maliboomer replacement so soon just won't happen.
    On another thread I went into more detail, but there needs to be a purpose for the tower. My recommendation would be a newly constructed Victorian Clock Tower. The lifts could be explained as a steam powered elevator designed to take you up for a view (elevator randomly fails due to lack of pressure). This also allows for an elaborate theme of the queue... various large gears and other watch parts. If the backstory is done correctly it could also include Fun Wheel and Screamin. Sadly this would require WDI to be creative so there is little chance of anything even remotely similar happening.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    On another thread I went into more detail, but there needs to be a purpose for the tower. My recommendation would be a newly constructed Victorian Clock Tower. The lifts could be explained as a steam powered elevator designed to take you up for a view (elevator randomly fails due to lack of pressure). This also allows for an elaborate theme of the queue... various large gears and other watch parts. If the backstory is done correctly it could also include Fun Wheel and Screamin. Sadly this would require WDI to be creative so there is little chance of anything even remotely similar happening.

Or they could just make it Mickey's Fun Up and Down Rods.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    I've never agreed with the idea often said here that Paradise Pier is a failure and will never be anything more than a tacky land filled with carnival rides.

Maybe it's my own captivation with old Coney Island footage. I feel that if the right mood is evoked Paradise Pier can rival lands like New Orleans square, Main Street...even Frontierland.

..But the MaliBOOMer is at a stalemate however. I just can't see them retheming the attraction in any way to truly make me feel like I'm in an era gone by and long lost in the early 1900's. It's the smaller details that Paradise Pier will require to set the mood, NOT the volume of rides thrown together inside of it 'just because the park needs rides'.

I basically agree with this. I don't mind if it sticks around a little while, but really it detracts significantly from the overall look of the PP skyline, especially with the new thematic direction. I think it crowds the Fun Wheel and it would look more balanced if it was just removed. It also is the most highly visible distinctly modern "amusement park looking" element of DCA from outside the park. Just because of the negative image that gives I think it needs to go, and as Baloo said, eventually it should be used for a better purpose.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I basically agree with this. I don't mind if it sticks around a little while, but really it detracts significantly from the overall look of the PP skyline, especially with the new thematic direction. I think it crowds the Fun Wheel and it would look more balanced if it was just removed. It also is the most highly visible distinctly modern "amusement park looking" element of DCA from outside the park. Just because of the negative image that gives I think it needs to go, and as Baloo said, eventually it should be used for a better purpose.
    I agree with Bob.

I do not mind the attraction to remain a
    bit longer; even a retheming of the
    attraction would be a welcome.

However, based on the direction that the
    pier is attempting to portray, it's an attraction
    that abstructs to it.

Especially, if eventually, another attraction
    would replace it. Such as a decent D-Ticket.

• Yeah.....

I've still got my fingers crossed for a parachute drop

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

See, I am a huge fan of the ride, and with the short lines, its a dream. But I believe that it will only be completely removed if the Paradise Pier Hotel is destroyed, and in its place is a themed hotel based on the new Paradise Pier.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Blog Entries

I vote remove it. It doesn't make any sense for it to be there thematically, and you've already got one drop ride (and one that is much better) in ToT.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast