View Poll Results: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Zepher

13 15.12%
  • Orange Stinger / Silly Symphony Swings

3 3.49%
  • Mickey's Fun Wheel

1 1.16%
  • California Screamin'

4 4.65%
  • Maliboomer

29 33.72%
  • Mulholland Madness / Goofy's Flite School

7 8.14%
  • Jumpin' Jellyfish

22 25.58%
  • King Triton's Carousel

3 3.49%
  • Get rid of all the rides and replace the area with a safe todler play area.

1 1.16%
  • Replace Paradise Pier with a Pixar character jail...for the enjoyment of Pixar haters.

3 3.49%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I say remove MaliBOOMer and install an intricate dark ride in it's place. Make the dark ride weave in and out through California Screamin''s support structures. Have the dark ride be like the Alice In Wonderland ride at Disneyland in that it goes both inside the show building and also outside.

<Joe>
    I like it!

How about something that LOOKS to be a classic carnival 'Spooky House' dark ride - from everything that you can see from the exterior, as the cars enter and exit the facade on various levels - but when you are inside, it is a trackless ride system and the show is completely "off the hook" with Disney characters causing the mayhem? I'm thinking Oogie Boogie / Nightmare before Christmas-type (day-glo paint, 3-D effects) of an interior.

Anybody?
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I really wish WDI would take it one attraction at a time instead of spray painting characters on everything. It's unfortunate, because the Victorian theme promised requires a lot of intricate detail that WDI thus far has not applied. DCA was initially built on the cheap, we get that. Usually the theme of an attraction is "built in" from the ground up. WDI doesn't have that luxuary with DCA. It would stand to reason that "correcting" the theme would require a lot of focused individual attention on each attraction. They really should start on one end with Screamin' and go attraction by attraction adding in the details to theme it accordingly. If you stand and compare TSMM to Triton's Carousel you immediately see what I am talking about. On the most basic level they need Victorian architecture... they need to make the various attractions compliment each other. This takes a lot of individualized attention. Instead we've gotten a jumble of characters randomly thrown everywhere as WDI scrambles to do an entire land at once.

GSS for me is both a dead horse, and a stunning example of how WDI really doesn't understand "theme" anymore. You have mermaids, jellyfish, sea shells etc. All these beautiful seaside themes in a seaside pier. Then WDI says "Hey lets put in an airplane ride"... ... The fact that Hawaiian Holiday contains one of the most popular Goofy shorts... has Goofy learning how to surf on a balsa board in a period Victorian style bathing suit in the ocean near the beach... has nothing to do with my current opinions of WDI. But I digress. I understand how difficult it is to "make the character fit" so they were creative enough to toss Goofy in an airplane... ... WoW

As far as "what to take out" I would say Jumpin Jellyfish and Zephyer. Jellyfish is really pointless. Zephyer is unique, but useless if there is so much as a slight breeze. Maliboomer is the "lightning rod" of DCA's reputed "cheap thrill park" theme. I really think the key to Maliboomer is to make the tower itself make sense... turn it into a clock or a lighthouse... make it an icon instead of a joke. At some point they will likely tear it down. I just think there are other things that should go first... Maliboomer at least has potential.
    Now that is some cool imagery. Even though I don't care for the Maliboomer, a change in it's thematic packaging as a clock or a lighthouse is an exciting and doable idea. Among your many exceptional ideas, techskip!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2009 at 10:04 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    I like it!

How about something that LOOKS to be a classic carnival 'Spooky House' dark ride - from everything that you can see from the exterior, as the cars enter and exit the facade on various levels - but when you are inside, it is a trackless ride system and the show is completely "off the hook" with Disney characters causing the mayhem? I'm thinking Oogie Boogie / Nightmare before Christmas-type (day-glo paint, 3-D effects) of an interior.

Anybody?
    A spook house or a funhouse theme for a flume/coaster would be a total thrill...if done right. Nice creative thought process there, EvilQueen. Hope you don't mind my saying that I consider you more creatively brilliant than evil.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2009 at 10:05 AM.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Now that is some cool imagery. Even though I don't care for the Maliboomer, a change in it's thematic packaging as a clock or a lighthouse is an exciting and doable idea.
    Maliboomer's tower, in it's current state, really doesn't make a lot of sense. Making the tower some sort of landmark would go a long way towards taking the carni out of it. Another issue is the sight lines... They really need to turn all views inward towards the park in order to preserve the magic.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Maliboomer's tower, in it's current state, really doesn't make a lot of sense. Making the tower some sort of landmark would go a long way towards taking the carni out of it. Another issue is the sight lines... They really need to turn all views inward towards the park in order to preserve the magic.
    Yes. What I've always hated most about Maliboomer is it's void-of-magic presentation as a carni ride with sight lines that make it an eyesore no amount of eyedrops could cure. Give it a special thematically aesthetic and functional look...and WOW factor here we come!

If we're working with the idea that this ride has to go right now - I went with the Golden Zepher - It seems like every time I walk through the Pier area the Zepher is shut down because of wind. What a waste of space.

• Banned User

Orange Stinger because it freaked me out and I want something I can ride that does not send me into total panic atttacks.

After that I would get rid of Mullhulland Madness as it hurts to ride that.

Golden Zephyr is my last choice as it is taking up space and does not do much. Takes up the bay front view but remember not until bay construction is done as Micechatters need that vantage point.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    All of them. They all lack real theming. Lightbulbs are not theming.
    I totally agree! Every single one of them except for Screamin' needs to go. Thank God they are changing some of the rides and making them more Disney!! Even Screamin' could be changed up a tad, they shouldn't have taken out the Mickey head. I've always hated carnivals (which is why I love Disney!) and carnivals are not safe. They should add some dark rides or fun rollercoaster type rides and that sort of stuff that makes Disneyland so loved. ..but that's just my opinion
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    I totally agree! Every single one of them except for Screamin' needs to go. Thank God they are changing some of the rides and making them more Disney!! Even Screamin' could be changed up a tad, they shouldn't have taken out the Mickey head. I've always hated carnivals (which is why I love Disney!) and carnivals are not safe. They should add some dark rides or fun rollercoaster type rides and that sort of stuff that makes Disneyland so loved. ..but that's just my opinion
    Where did you hear that carnivals weren't safe? It's dangerous to stereotype a certain thing; certainly they weren't safe back in Walt's day, but they're definitely safer today with the government restrictions and the heightened awareness of the general public.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

I liked the idea of the Funhouse thing, or like the House of the Weird, or a Carnival Style Haunted Mansion.
    -Tyler

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    Where did you hear that carnivals weren't safe? It's dangerous to stereotype a certain thing; certainly they weren't safe back in Walt's day, but they're definitely safer today with the government restrictions and the heightened awareness of the general public.
    Safer yes... but I have my own personal reservations about the safety of large carni attractions that are literally put up overnight. Again, this is just personal, but I feel "safer" on something like Maliboomer at DCA then I do on a similar ride at a fairgrounds! Again nothing "factual" or "statistic" based... just a personal observation. It seems like the carni rides are getting higher and higher, adding more thrills. Again I have personal reservations about the fact that these rides are put up overnight.

• Mickey Ear Biter

I might be worng, but istn't King Triton's carousel techniqually a merry-go-round.

For my senior french project I did a report on disneyland in the past present, and paris. I read that a carousel must have only horses.

I could be wrong (I have only been on KTC once), but aren't there a variety of sea anuimals and not just sea horses?
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    I might be worng, but istn't King Triton's carousel techniqually a merry-go-round.

For my senior french project I did a report on Disneyland in the past present, and Paris. I read that a carousel must have only horses.

I could be wrong (I have only been on KTC once), but aren't there a variety of sea animals and not just sea horses?
    Yes and Yes...

• Knows Where His Towel Is

There are a lot of merry-go-rounds that have varieties of animals.

I don't know the difference between those and carousels, but since you're the one that did the paper, I'll take you on your word.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Jumping Jellyfish...completely useless...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast