View Poll Results: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Zepher

    13 15.12%
  • Orange Stinger / Silly Symphony Swings

    3 3.49%
  • Mickey's Fun Wheel

    1 1.16%
  • California Screamin'

    4 4.65%
  • Maliboomer

    29 33.72%
  • Mulholland Madness / Goofy's Flite School

    7 8.14%
  • Jumpin' Jellyfish

    22 25.58%
  • King Triton's Carousel

    3 3.49%
  • Get rid of all the rides and replace the area with a safe todler play area.

    1 1.16%
  • Replace Paradise Pier with a Pixar character jail...for the enjoyment of Pixar haters.

    3 3.49%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
  1. #31

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,577

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfito View Post
    Jumping Jellyfish...completely useless...
    My knees always feel like jelly when I'm on that ride.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #32

    • Don't Mess With The Duck!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Rosa, California - USA
    Posts
    3,644

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    My second choice would be Jumping Jellyfish followed by Golden Zephyr.

  3. #33

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,577

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    I might be worng, but istn't King Triton's carousel techniqually a merry-go-round.

    For my senior french project I did a report on disneyland in the past present, and paris. I read that a carousel must have only horses.

    I could be wrong (I have only been on KTC once), but aren't there a variety of sea anuimals and not just sea horses?
    Carousels are also commonly referred to as merry-go-rounds. Either name is correct. The type of playgrount equipment that children push around in circles and ride (without any characters to sit on) is strictly called a merry-go-round.

    Motorized musical carousels/merry-go-rounds only had horses for years. Over the course of the past two or three decades, many differnt kinds of charactersars (to ride) are included on them. Therefore, the old definition has been expanded...and no longer exclusively applies.

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Yes and Yes...
    Yes! Yes! Yes!! Yes!! Yeeeeeeeeeees!!!

    Ooh, that felt so goooood!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    There are a lot of merry-go-rounds that have varieties of animals.

    I don't know the difference between those and carousels, but since you're the one that did the paper, I'll take you on your word.
    Again, modern age carousels are also referred to as merry-go-rounds...and they include a variety of animals (etc.) regardless of what one desires to call the ride vehicle itself.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  4. #34

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,577

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    My second choice would be Jumping Jellyfish followed by Golden Zephyr.
    Long as we get a highly themed flume ride, disney has my permission to tear apart or implode whatever it desires. Jumping Jellyfish is a waste of space, though.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2009 at 06:30 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  5. #35

    • Don't Mess With The Duck!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Rosa, California - USA
    Posts
    3,644

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Long as we get a highly thmed flume ride, disney has my permission to tear apart or implode whatever it desires. Jumping Jellyfish is a waste of space, though.
    My only problem with there being a flume ride at DCA is that Disneyland already has one - Splash Mountain. I'd like for there to be more unique experiences at each park. If you want to go on a flume ride then I'd say go to Disneyland, if you want to experience an insanely (projecting positive thoughts here) beautiful and amazing fountain show go to DCA.

    (I'm probably in the minority on this one, though.)

    <Joe>

  6. #36

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,577

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    My only problem with there being a flume ride at DCA is that Disneyland already has one - Splash Mountain. I'd like for there to be more unique experiences at each park. If you want to go on a flume ride then I'd say go to Disneyland, if you want to experience an insanely (projecting positive thoughts here) beautiful and amazing fountain show go to DCA.

    (I'm probably in the minority on this one, though.)

    <Joe>
    World of Color is going to be the greatest watershow on the planet!

    As for a DCA flume ride, Splash Mountain is the only true watercoaster flume in the entire resort. In contrast, there are four coasters, several spinners, and lots of dark rides. So, a watercoaster flume ride at DCA would be most welcome...especially if Disney installs a watercoaster flume / roller coaster hybrid darkride w/ external flume/coaster components. That would be most unique in terms of DLR's ride offerings.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  7. #37

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    8,078
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Maliboomer should stay!!!! I know a lot of people are scared of it but if they rethemed it to look nice I see no reason it should leave the part.

    I think the whole Route 66 side of the water needs to be destroyed and put better rides their (like a dark ride and another small but better rollercoaster)

  8. #38

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    World of Color is going to be the greatest watershow on the planet!

    As for a DCA flume ride, Splash Mountain is the only true watercoaster flume in the entire resort. Incontrast, there are four coasters, several spinners, and lots of dark rides. So, a watercoaster flume ride at DCA would be most welcome...especially if Disney installs a watercoaster flume / roller coaster hybrid darkride w/ external flume/coaster components. That would be most unique in terms of DLR's ride offerings.
    I agree, I don't think the type of ride system is the only factor to consider or that important, and there simply are not enough of them to make every ride different. It could have a totally different design from Splash. I mean IASW and POTC basically have the same type of ride system, that's how different a new flume ride could be from Splash. Also, all the old dark rides are essentially slightly tweeked versions of the same basic type of ride system and they are all in one land.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  9. #39

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,577

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Maliboomer should stay!!!! I know a lot of people are scared of it but if they rethemed it to look nice I see no reason it should leave the part.

    I think the whole Route 66 side of the water needs to be destroyed and put better rides their (like a dark ride and another small but better rollercoaster)
    The idea of retheming the Maliboomer is shining a whole new light on the prospect of keeping it. I believe that many of those giving the ride the thumbs down would be inspired to give it a thumbs up...myself included. very nice post, JerrodDRagon.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  10. #40

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,577

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I agree, I don't think the type of ride system is the only factor to consider or that important, and there simply are not enough of them to make every ride different. It could have a totally different design from Splash. I mean IASW and POTC basically have the same type of ride system, that's how different a new flume ride could be from Splash. Also, all the old dark rides are essentially slightly tweeked versions of the same basic type of ride system and they are all in one land.
    Couldn't agree more, Uncle Bob. Relating to Splash mountain, Disney Imagineering certainly has the creativity to make a second watercoaster flume ride as different as night and day.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  11. #41

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    19

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    I think ppl just hate on Maliboomer b/c it's too much of a thrill for them.

  12. #42

    • Future Imagineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    14

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Definitely California Screamin!!!!! It has no theme at all, and Disney rides are known for stories. At least maliboomer is supposed to be like being on one of those boardwalk games. it has some sort of a small theme, while california screamin has no story at all.
    I agree its really fun, i enjoy going on over and over, but it should be rethemed to have a story. I think it does look a lot better though just without the plan blue mickey ears.

  13. #43

    • California Adventurer...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    196

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    First off, I love the Maliboomer I think it would work if it was rethemed as a clocktower, as mentioned before, I think it would look really nice AND fit the victorian theme. Something that looked like a triple Big Ben that was connected with "bridges", I can imagine it now. On the flipside, I would remove Jumpin Jellyfish, theme it to some sort of leaf floating ride, if you can kinda imagine this, It would basically be Jumpin jellyfish, but big leafs instead of jellyfish tops, and basically be the same ride but it would be in A Bugs Land instead. I think this would be a good way to add a ride to a land that is slightly lacking aswell as taking an eyesore out of a land with tons of potential.
    Check out my Trip Reports on Youtube!


  14. #44

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Would be difficult to choose only one. And that includes the rollercoaster.

    The thing that has always made Disney special was that it didn't look like a carnival. In fact, my understanding is that's what Walt wanted to stay away from. I also seem to remember hearing something about his not seeing a ferris wheel in his park.

    I know a lot of people don't like the "what would Walt do?" tangents, but who cares? The park is called Disneyland for a reason, and there is something very unique and special about the place, and it is based on the imagination of a special man. Many purists such as myself want to see that quality in show and dedication to fantasy and imagination continue. And in the exemplary way that Disney deemed so important.

    My opinion.

  15. #45

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,577

    Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

    Quote Originally Posted by DanielEugene View Post
    I think ppl just hate on Maliboomer b/c it's too much of a thrill for them.
    Many do dislike rides they find imposing...and it doesn't help if the ride is an unadorned, essentially themeless carni eyesore. Maliboomer is in desparate need of new theming.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPaws View Post
    Definitely California Screamin!!!!! It has no theme at all, and Disney rides are known for stories. At least maliboomer is supposed to be like being on one of those boardwalk games. it has some sort of a small theme, while california screamin has no story at all.
    I agree its really fun, i enjoy going on over and over, but it should be rethemed to have a story. I think it does look a lot better though just without the plan blue mickey ears.
    What would you replace California Screamin' with?

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    First off, I love the Maliboomer I think it would work if it was rethemed as a clocktower, as mentioned before, I think it would look really nice AND fit the victorian theme. Something that looked like a triple Big Ben that was connected with "bridges", I can imagine it now. On the flipside, I would remove Jumpin Jellyfish, theme it to some sort of leaf floating ride, if you can kinda imagine this, It would basically be Jumpin jellyfish, but big leafs instead of jellyfish tops, and basically be the same ride but it would be in A Bugs Land instead. I think this would be a good way to add a ride to a land that is slightly lacking aswell as taking an eyesore out of a land with tons of potential.
    Very interesting detailed suggestion. I love it! A Big Ben clocktower would be awesome plu some! What did you mean by "connected with bridges"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    Would be difficult to choose only one. And that includes the rollercoaster.

    The thing that has always made Disney special was that it didn't look like a carnival. In fact, my understanding is that's what Walt wanted to stay away from. I also seem to remember hearing something about his not seeing a ferris wheel in his park.

    I know a lot of people don't like the "what would Walt do?" tangents, but who cares? The park is called Disneyland for a reason, and there is something very unique and special about the place, and it is based on the imagination of a special man. Many purists such as myself want to see that quality in show and dedication to fantasy and imagination continue. And in the exemplary way that Disney deemed so important.

    My opinion.
    What kind of new land would you replace Paradise Pier with? Personally, I think boardwalk style Victorian tie in to Disney Characters makes for an charming air of excitement.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Where is the pier in Paradise Pier?
    By Mojave in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 05:50 PM
  2. [Idea] Paradise Pier Hotel & Paradise Cove
    By Alpoe001 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 08:16 PM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 03:30 PM
  4. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 09:01 AM
  5. Paradise pier lagoon boat ride?
    By Markusbalcoin in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 10:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •