View Poll Results: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Zepher

13 15.12%
  • Orange Stinger / Silly Symphony Swings

3 3.49%
  • Mickey's Fun Wheel

1 1.16%
  • California Screamin'

4 4.65%
  • Maliboomer

29 33.72%
  • Mulholland Madness / Goofy's Flite School

7 8.14%
  • Jumpin' Jellyfish

22 25.58%
  • King Triton's Carousel

3 3.49%
  • Get rid of all the rides and replace the area with a safe todler play area.

1 1.16%
  • Replace Paradise Pier with a Pixar character jail...for the enjoyment of Pixar haters.

3 3.49%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

Maliboomer and Jumping Jellyfish. I could only vote for one so MB got the vote. I'm not sure what would fit in that spot alone, so I won't offer a replacement idea. I personally love the ride aspect of MM and I really like the retheming to Goofy's Flight School, so I hope that stays, permanently.

• Hello

Cool Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

Take out Jumping Jellyfish. Then there could be room for...I don't know, just take it out. It's borin and it doesn't fit in with the new pier.

• Not here to help

Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Oh my! Where's your carny spirit, Tripple T?
    Sorry for always being a grumpy troll... but Disneyland and Disneyparks should never be a place with just rides. Paradise Pier is just a carnival type area. It is exactly the place that Walt Disney did not want his Disneyland to be.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cutlass View Post
    Maliboomer and Jumping Jellyfish. I could only vote for one so MB got the vote. I'm not sure what would fit in that spot alone, so I won't offer a replacement idea. I personally love the ride aspect of MM and I really like the retheming to Goofy's Flight School, so I hope that stays, permanently.
    I'm anxious to see Goofy's Flight School.

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    Take out Jumping Jellyfish. Then there could be room for...I don't know, just take it out. It's borin and it doesn't fit in with the new pier.
    At DisneySea, Jumping Jelly Fish is in an "underwater" environment that makes sense. The DCA environment makes zero sense. As fish require water, ours must have died long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Sorry for always being a grumpy troll... but Disneyland and Disneyparks should never be a place with just rides. Paradise Pier is just a carnival type area. It is exactly the place that Walt Disney did not want his Disneyland to be.
    Perhaps you are right that the whole thing could stand to be overhauled and replaced by a land that is more traditionally Disney.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    I agree with you to a point. The "theme" of Paradise Pier was initially explained as a Victorian Boardwalk. Somewhere along the way the initial construction cheapened out and made it a carnival. DCA's Extreme Makeover promised that it would become a Victorian Boardwalk. So far we have TSMM which architectually speaking is Victorian... and a massive pile of characters... in short it's nowhere near what was promised!

IF they did an actual Victorian Boardwalk Theme then I believe Walt would have been proud. It would have depicted a romanitc version of a time he enjoyed... while transporting his Guests to another place and an experience that they could no longer have.

IF WDI is unable to pull off this theme, which thus far appears to be the case, then I say rip it out.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Senior Minion

I have zero doubt that WDI can pull off the theme, I have some doubt that they've been given enough money to do so.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I found it hard to pick just one So many of them should be removed.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I found it hard to pick just one So many of them should be removed.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    Would be difficult to choose only one. And that includes the rollercoaster.

The thing that has always made Disney special was that it didn't look like a carnival. In fact, my understanding is that's what Walt wanted to stay away from. I also seem to remember hearing something about his not seeing a ferris wheel in his park.

I know a lot of people don't like the "what would Walt do?" tangents, but who cares? The park is called Disneyland for a reason, and there is something very unique and special about the place, and it is based on the imagination of a special man. Many purists such as myself want to see that quality in show and dedication to fantasy and imagination continue. And in the exemplary way that Disney deemed so important.

My opinion.
    Thank you! precisely my point! Walt hated his parks to be seen as amusement parks, and he said what was special about Disneyland and his plans for walt disney world was that every ride had a story! i bet my annual pass hed hate seeing california screamin in the disneyland resort

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    What would you replace California Screamin' with?
    I'd replace it with another roller coaster-type ride, but with some sort of a story. Maybe a dark ride if there was enough room, if not, maybe theme it with a "Meet the Robinsons" theme. The vehicles could be modeled after the time machines, with other meet the robinsons things. Or maybe a more well-known disney movie, like UP. Maybe the vehicles could be designed kinda like the fantasyland dark ride cars, designed to match the movie, and each car has a character. If the ride goes upside-down, the harnesses could be made to roughly look like the hose harness Carl Fredrickson wears in the movie.

• Future Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPaws View Post
    I'd replace it with another roller coaster-type ride, but with some sort of a story. Maybe a dark ride if there was enough room, if not, maybe theme it with a "Meet the Robinsons" theme. The vehicles could be modeled after the time machines, with other meet the robinsons things. Or maybe a more well-known disney movie, like UP. Maybe the vehicles could be designed kinda like the fantasyland dark ride cars, designed to match the movie, and each car has a character. If the ride goes upside-down, the harnesses could be made to roughly look like the hose harness Carl Fredrickson wears in the movie.
    Yes to the idea of giving California Screamin' some theming, but please, not after a Disney movie. How about an original story for once? Many of Disneyland's greatest rides (i.e. Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Matterhorn Bobsleds) aren't based on Disney movies.

• Minion

you know i voted for the golden zepheyr its cool lookin but it dont fit in with what they are doing with the rest of paradise peir. if they keep it maybe give that flash gordon, rocketeer look...

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I have zero doubt that WDI can pull off the theme, I have some doubt that they've been given enough money to do so.
    I agree.

• Golden State of Mind

how does a big orange contribute in any way?
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Zephyr Pilot

I voted for Jellyfish. The height requirement is too high, so little kids can't ride. But adults and teens don't ride it because they think it's for little kids. On busy days, the ride can get up to a 15-20 minute wait, which is way too long for a ride that's so short. I feel bad for those who actually wait for it.

While I can understand why Zephyr is in the top 3 in this poll, it's one of the few attractions in the area that actually could fit with the new theme as is. Plus, I enjoy working the attraction occasionally. (I'm not there much, anymore.)

Jellyfish, on the other hand, which is part of the Zephyr rotation, creates a lot of guest frustration with the height requirement, too many guests don't listen to me when I say to stay in FRONT of the Jellyfish or to put the seatbelt through the green loop if their child is too small, which all adds up to my overall dislike of the attraction.

I liked the larger version of the Jellyfish/parachute ride that was proposed for Maliboomer's spot, but that isn't happening.

No more Jellyfish, please.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast