View Poll Results: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Zepher

13 15.12%
  • Orange Stinger / Silly Symphony Swings

3 3.49%
  • Mickey's Fun Wheel

1 1.16%
  • California Screamin'

4 4.65%
  • Maliboomer

29 33.72%
  • Mulholland Madness / Goofy's Flite School

7 8.14%
  • Jumpin' Jellyfish

22 25.58%
  • King Triton's Carousel

3 3.49%
  • Get rid of all the rides and replace the area with a safe todler play area.

1 1.16%
  • Replace Paradise Pier with a Pixar character jail...for the enjoyment of Pixar haters.

3 3.49%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With It?

I am curious as to Micechatter opinion as to which Paradise Pier ride most needs to go. It would also be interesting to hear your suggestions as to what to do with the ride you like least.

The Maliboomer has remained my least favorite ride since DCA was built. as for what to do with it... I would like to see it installed inside a Disneyland Resort hotel, where it would serve as a combination elevator and thrill ride.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Not here to help

Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

All of them. They all lack real theming. Lightbulbs are not theming.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Which Paradise Pier Ride Would You most Like To See Go? What Would You Do With I

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    All of them. They all lack real theming. Lightbulbs are not theming.
    Oh my! Where's your carny spirit, Tripple T?

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I say remove MaliBOOMer and install an intricate dark ride in it's place. Make the dark ride weave in and out through California Screamin''s support structures. Have the dark ride be like the Alice In Wonderland ride at Disneyland in that it goes both inside the show building and also outside.

<Joe>

• The line's too long...

All of 'em except Screamin'.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I say remove MaliBOOMer and install an intricate dark ride in it's place. Make the dark ride weave in and out through California Screamin''s support structures. Have the dark ride be like the Alice In Wonderland ride at Disneyland in that it goes both inside the show building and also outside.

<Joe>
    Yes! I'm hoping that the rumored water flume ride for the Maliboomer and Goofy's Flite School side of PP will prove true....preferably a flume/coaster hybrid themed to "UP"...and splashing into the lagoon at one point.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    All of 'em except Screamin'.
    Screamin' is indeed one of the most fun coasters in the world. I look forward to the coming funhouse themed queue.

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

yeah i would keep screamin and maliboomer but retheme it. the rest should go

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Yes! I'm hoping that the rumored water flume ride for the Maliboomer and Goofy's Flite School side of PP will prove true....preferably a flume/coaster hybrid themed to "UP"...and splashing into the lagoon at one point.

thats a interesting idea..it wouldnt really go with the theme though.in my opion so it would need a new theme

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'd rather not see another PIXAR theme in DCA. I like the idea of a flume/coaster though! I wonder what the story/theme could be?...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MostExalted View Post
    thats a interesting idea..it wouldnt really go with the theme though.in my opion so it would need a new theme
    Thanks for the compliment on the idea, MostExalted. If it would require a different theme, so be it. You might be right.

However, please bear in mind that If you're talking about a California theme...the movie started out in California, and balloons carried the house and it's occupants to an exciting adventure elsewhere. It fits perfectly fine. Plus, the darkrides (which this would be in part) at Victorian seaside amusement parks have a long history of being themed to a variety of themes. In addition, it is highly likely that DCA will be given a new mame/overall theme.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Puck2DaHead View Post
    I'd rather not see another PIXAR theme in DCA. I like the idea of a flume/coaster though! I wonder what the story/theme could be?...
    Theme wise, a flume coaster would have so many exciting possibilities. Think about some alternate themes, Puck2DaHead. I would be extremely interested and excited to hear them.

I think the Golden Zepher needs to go. I don't think it's very popular and I don't usually ride it when I visit DCA. It's not bad, it's just not a must ride attraction.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Jumpin' Jellyfish needs to go first, me thinks. It's ugly, adds nothing to the area, and never seems to have a line. Maliboomer at least adds some energy to the area and is actually quite fun, IMO (although, I wish they would have one of the towers be the drop kind, as opposed to the current launch-type).

• "I Break Things"

I really wish WDI would take it one attraction at a time instead of spray painting characters on everything. It's unfortunate, because the Victorian theme promised requires a lot of intricate detail that WDI thus far has not applied. DCA was initially built on the cheap, we get that. Usually the theme of an attraction is "built in" from the ground up. WDI doesn't have that luxuary with DCA. It would stand to reason that "correcting" the theme would require a lot of focused individual attention on each attraction. They really should start on one end with Screamin' and go attraction by attraction adding in the details to theme it accordingly. If you stand and compare TSMM to Triton's Carousel you immediately see what I am talking about. On the most basic level they need Victorian architecture... they need to make the various attractions compliment each other. This takes a lot of individualized attention. Instead we've gotten a jumble of characters randomly thrown everywhere as WDI scrambles to do an entire land at once.

GSS for me is both a dead horse, and a stunning example of how WDI really doesn't understand "theme" anymore. You have mermaids, jellyfish, sea shells etc. All these beautiful seaside themes in a seaside pier. Then WDI says "Hey lets put in an airplane ride"... ... The fact that Hawaiian Holiday contains one of the most popular Goofy shorts... has Goofy learning how to surf on a balsa board in a period Victorian style bathing suit in the ocean near the beach... has nothing to do with my current opinions of WDI. But I digress. I understand how difficult it is to "make the character fit" so they were creative enough to toss Goofy in an airplane... ... WoW

As far as "what to take out" I would say Jumpin Jellyfish and Zephyer. Jellyfish is really pointless. Zephyer is unique, but useless if there is so much as a slight breeze. Maliboomer is the "lightning rod" of DCA's reputed "cheap thrill park" theme. I really think the key to Maliboomer is to make the tower itself make sense... turn it into a clock or a lighthouse... make it an icon instead of a joke. At some point they will likely tear it down. I just think there are other things that should go first... Maliboomer at least has potential.
    Last edited by techskip; 07-08-2009 at 09:32 AM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast