Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    I'm going to Disneyland for my birthday in two weeks and am bringing some of my friends who haven't gone in years. I'm thinking about either getting the Birthday Fast Pass or the Gift Card. Could anyone give me more information? Or maybe tell me which is more worth it? I've been on my birhday before and it hasn't been too busy, but it may be more busy this year since I'm going on a Wednesday. Please help me make a wise decision!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  2. #2

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    Please help me, people =/
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  3. #3

    •   
    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    406

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    ^sometimes you need to wait more than 10 minutes for responces.

    Patience grasshopper...

  4. #4

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoAl View Post
    ^sometimes you need to wait more than 10 minutes for responces.

    Patience grasshopper...
    Thanks. Haha. I don't have any patience when it comes to waiting for responces!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  5. #5

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    489

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    Ok, just to clarify, it's not a Front of the Line Pass.

    If you choose the Birthday Fastpasses, each member of your party receives special Fastpasses for three of Donald's favorite attractions (more popular ones like Indy and Space Mountain) and three of Daisy's favorite attractions (slightly less crowded ones like Big Thunder Mountain and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters). They can be used at any time on the day of your birthday for entry to the Fastpass line, which still might mean a 15 minutes wait depending on the day.

    The Birthday Fun Card is essentially a merchandise credit for the cost of a one-day, one-park ticket ($59 for kids, $69) for adults. You can use it for tickets, tours, and merchandise from Disney-owned vendors. This means knock yourself out with mouse ears and sweatshirts, but no sihouettes or face painting, and no food (with the exception of candy, which counts as merchandise). All you have to do is pick it up on your birthday, but you can take as long as you want to use it.

    Although I think the Fun Card is most popular, if you have friends who haven't been to the park in a long time, they might really appreciate the extra Fastpasses. It's something everyone can share in, and it helps you make the most of your day if they're only here for a short time. You can look like the awesome friend who helped them do all the best attractions in one day!

    *Quick friendly reminder: You do need a valid ticket to get any of the alternate birthday gifts, so if your pass in blocked out you would need to purchase a blockout day ticket before you're eligible to receive the Fun Card or the Fastpasses. Also, there is the third option of receiving a ticket to come back another day in the next year, which you could use as a blockout day ticket if you wanted to.

    Have fun!

  6. #6

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    Ok, just to clarify, it's not a Front of the Line Pass.

    If you choose the Birthday Fastpasses, each member of your party receives special Fastpasses for three of Donald's favorite attractions (more popular ones like Indy and Space Mountain) and three of Daisy's favorite attractions (slightly less crowded ones like Big Thunder Mountain and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters). They can be used at any time on the day of your birthday for entry to the Fastpass line, which still might mean a 15 minutes wait depending on the day.

    The Birthday Fun Card is essentially a merchandise credit for the cost of a one-day, one-park ticket ($59 for kids, $69) for adults. You can use it for tickets, tours, and merchandise from Disney-owned vendors. This means knock yourself out with mouse ears and sweatshirts, but no sihouettes or face painting, and no food (with the exception of candy, which counts as merchandise). All you have to do is pick it up on your birthday, but you can take as long as you want to use it.

    Although I think the Fun Card is most popular, if you have friends who haven't been to the park in a long time, they might really appreciate the extra Fastpasses. It's something everyone can share in, and it helps you make the most of your day if they're only here for a short time. You can look like the awesome friend who helped them do all the best attractions in one day!

    *Quick friendly reminder: You do need a valid ticket to get any of the alternate birthday gifts, so if your pass in blocked out you would need to purchase a blockout day ticket before you're eligible to receive the Fun Card or the Fastpasses. Also, there is the third option of receiving a ticket to come back another day in the next year, which you could use as a blockout day ticket if you wanted to.

    Have fun!
    Thank you sooo much! I know that they are only fastpasses and idk why I put front of the line, I guess I just blanked for a second there. Can you reuse the fast pass for the rides you choose? Do you have the complete list of rides to choose from? What would you choose?
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  7. #7

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    489

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    The Donald's Favorites and Daisy's Favorites are all generic by type. If you want to use all your Donald's Favorites to ride Indy three times, you can do that, and you don't have to decide until you get the attraction (meaning you don't need to tell the Cast Member who issues you the Fastpasses what attractions you've chosen).

    The list of attractions isn't online but if you head to City Hall or the Guest Relations Lobby there are menu type sheets you can look at which explain all your birthday options, including a list of the Fastpass categories. Off the top of my head I just know that between the the Donald's Favroites and the Daisy's Favorites every attraction that offers Fastpass is included.

    Which would I choose? It depends who I was with. If I was with a bunch of friends who were Cast Members or Annual Passholders, probably the Fun Card, because we can all go on the attractions whenever we want and visit the park very often. If the line is too long, we go back another time. I would use the Fun Card to grab some of that Roxy merch. in Adventureland, because I already have far too many Disneyland t-shirts.

    Now, if my family came from out of town to see me for my birthday, I would pick the Fastpasses, no questions asked. They didn't come to go shopping with me, they came to ride attractions and enjoy the park. Coincidentally, on my last birthday I happened to receive Dream Fastpasses from the Dream Squad and it made a huge difference in the day (a friend from out of town came to celebrate with me). We had a great time going on every attraction we wanted on a hot summer day, and it just made for a great, stress-free, efficient day.

    But choose whichever one you want. Keep in mind, you can always collect Fastpasses just like you normally would, so if you're good at working the system and collecting them whenever you can, maybe you don't need the Birthday Fastpasses.

  8. #8

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    The Donald's Favorites and Daisy's Favorites are all generic by type. If you want to use all your Donald's Favorites to ride Indy three times, you can do that, and you don't have to decide until you get the attraction (meaning you don't need to tell the Cast Member who issues you the Fastpasses what attractions you've chosen).

    The list of attractions isn't online but if you head to City Hall or the Guest Relations Lobby there are menu type sheets you can look at which explain all your birthday options, including a list of the Fastpass categories. Off the top of my head I just know that between the the Donald's Favroites and the Daisy's Favorites every attraction that offers Fastpass is included.

    Which would I choose? It depends who I was with. If I was with a bunch of friends who were Cast Members or Annual Passholders, probably the Fun Card, because we can all go on the attractions whenever we want and visit the park very often. If the line is too long, we go back another time. I would use the Fun Card to grab some of that Roxy merch. in Adventureland, because I already have far too many Disneyland t-shirts.

    Now, if my family came from out of town to see me for my birthday, I would pick the Fastpasses, no questions asked. They didn't come to go shopping with me, they came to ride attractions and enjoy the park. Coincidentally, on my last birthday I happened to receive Dream Fastpasses from the Dream Squad and it made a huge difference in the day (a friend from out of town came to celebrate with me). We had a great time going on every attraction we wanted on a hot summer day, and it just made for a great, stress-free, efficient day.

    But choose whichever one you want. Keep in mind, you can always collect Fastpasses just like you normally would, so if you're good at working the system and collecting them whenever you can, maybe you don't need the Birthday Fastpasses.
    Hmm..I still don't know what to choose. =/
    I also got the Dream Fastpasses before! They were fabulous! The only problem was my uncle met up with us at Disneyland later that day and he didn't get a Dream Fastpass. Haha
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  9. #9

    • I eat TR's for breakfast!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Posts
    1,767

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    What's so special about Wednesday?

    I would certainly choose the fastpasses. I'm sure your friends don't want to watch you spend 69$ on merch and I certainly know they won't want to mosey around in stores when they could be enjoying a theme park they haven't visited in years, according to your first post.

    I'm going alone for the sole purpose of using that fun card on my birthday next month, so that itself is a different story.

    If my family wanted to tag along (which isn't the case since we are already going to see Legally Blonde at the Pantages) then it would be a different story and I would choose the fastpasses!

    So it looks like the fastpasses are the best choice, in all honesty (unless, of course, your friends seem to be the very easy going type who wouldn't complain at a shopping spree).

    If you do decide to snatch the fun card, perhaps your friends could go catch a ride while you're spending time in the shops! Just an idea.

  10. #10

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    What's so special about Wednesday?

    I would certainly choose the fastpasses. I'm sure your friends don't want to watch you spend 69$ on merch and I certainly know they won't want to mosey around in stores when they could be enjoying a theme park they haven't visited in years, according to your first post.

    I'm going alone for the sole purpose of using that fun card on my birthday next month, so that itself is a different story.

    If my family wanted to tag along (which isn't the case since we are already going to see Legally Blonde at the Pantages) then it would be a different story and I would choose the fastpasses!

    So it looks like the fastpasses are the best choice, in all honesty (unless, of course, your friends seem to be the very easy going type who wouldn't complain at a shopping spree).

    If you do decide to snatch the fun card, perhaps your friends could go catch a ride while you're spending time in the shops! Just an idea.
    What's so special about Wednesdays? In the past when I've gone over my birthday or near my birthday it's usually been a Sunday and Sunday's tend to be a lot less busier most of the time.
    My friends won't care if I spend money, they already stated that if it was their choice then they would take the money. Plus, I'm going there to have a good time and if my friends are unhappy with my decision then I don't really care (yeah, I'm terrible). I wouldn't go on a complete shopping spree, it's not hard for me to find something expensive at Disneyland I want really bad lol. I know if my friend had got the fun card instead of the fastpasses I wouldn't care, I'd understand. I wouldn't spend the entire day shopping. Oh, this is tough. Either skip a ton of wait times or buy a cute shirt or purse or two. Either way, my friends will end up throwing a fit for some reason or the other (yeah, I need new friends desperately!)
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  11. #11

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    And actually, I'm always the one who pressures people to run through out the park to get to the next ride, my friends are all slow and it annoys me! A few of them went with me two years ago for my birthday...
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  12. #12

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    2,115

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    I certainly wouldn't "spend" $69.00 for a fastpass.

    Essentially, by choosing the FP, that is what you are doing.

    Take the Fun Card and go on a shopping spree.

    Get the normal FP's and be done with it.

    Enjoy!

  13. #13

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    I certainly wouldn't "spend" $69.00 for a fastpass.

    Essentially, by choosing the FP, that is what you are doing.

    Take the Fun Card and go on a shopping spree.

    Get the normal FP's and be done with it.

    Enjoy!
    Thank you. I'll probably end up doing that. I kinda don't care how many rides I ride anyways, I can just go on them the next time I go. I'm just going to have a good time, either way I'll have a good time.
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    367

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    I agree, I would get the Fun Card. I already know how to use the Fastpass system and would rather spend that money on Merchandise!!

  15. #15

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Birthday Front of the Line Pass HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by OCBear View Post
    I agree, I would get the Fun Card. I already know how to use the Fastpass system and would rather spend that money on Merchandise!!
    mmkay. True. I think I'll get the fun card that way I can get the crazy $40 book there and that cute purse I want...
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


Similar Threads

  1. USF/IOA Front of the Line Pass?
    By cruise in forum Universal Studios Florida
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 06:24 PM
  2. Front of the line???
    By ipdenc in forum Universal Studios
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 07:36 AM
  3. Universal Front of Line
    By angeladlr in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
  4. Universal Front of Line
    By angeladlr in forum Universal Studios
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
  5. What does front of line for Monorail Mean????
    By JPTexan82 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 10:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •