Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Retheme the Maliboomer

I know it is better off being bulldozed, but Does anyone have any ideas of how to retheme the maliboomer. Im trying to think of things floating up and down. The only thing I can think of is Mary Poppins with her umbrella, the storks from dumbo dropping the animals, the army men from toy story, or jimmeny cricket and his umbrella from pinochio. Do you guys have any other ideas.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Retheme the Maliboomer

Well it seems like Disney has just been putting Disney Faces on everything in that area so maybe Retheme it with a Donald Theme and put his famous hat at the top of each tower. Recolor the whole Ride white and blue. And put some colorful lights on it so a night it looks bright and cool.
    Just a thought but really they could rename and paint it and (and take way one of the three towers since only 2 at a time seem to be up anyway)

• Californian Fox-Wolf

I doubt tying the Maliboomer to a film is going to make it any better. Mickey's Fun Wheel is proof of this. You're still going to have the basic structure, just with a random character strategically placed on the ride.

Edit: JerrodDRagon was better at getting my point across.
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

• "I Break Things"

I wrote in more detail on a couple other threads but my thought was Victorian Clock Tower.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

I for one can not wait for Maliboomer to come downvvvvvvvvvvv
    I never like way it look,s!

• Addicted to MC since '08

Maybe do something where you start out in a factory and something goes wrong and you get blasted out of the smokestack or roof. Anything is better than what is there now.

• Blue Skywalker

I'd enclose the whole thing. From the outside it would look like one of the towers you'd find back in the days of Luna Park, Dreamland, etc. On the inside, the wall that you face when you're in the seat would have a "wall to wall" LCD screen on it that stretches all of the way to the top of the ride. When you launch, you see views as you go up. You get to see Paris, San Fran, Washington, Egypt, whatever. Each time you ride it, it's a view of a different city. Also, the screens can give the illusion that you are traveling up faster than you are and once at the top that you are higher than you are. I'd ride it!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

'Skip - Sounds like you gave a lot of consideration to the theme and time period, but did you ever consider that seeing the view of how high up you are is the whole point and what makes this aslightly different experience from ToT.

• Disneyland History Lover

I know a lot of people hate on Paradise Pier because it has attractions that you can find in most other theme parks, but I kind of like that fact. I think it can also be a good asset to Disneyland because there are likely people who like thrills who go to the resort. This single land can cater to their needs. I know I like getting my thrill fix whenever I hit up DCA. So really, even though this might not have been Disney's original intention when they built Paradise Pier, I think it turned out to be a good area for that reason. And again, it's pretty much only that land out of the whole resort, so I won't complain. Of course, theme is a different story when talking about DCA.

That being said, Maliboomer NEEDS a retheme. I think Disney should have put a priority on it. You look at it and its dressed up as if it was some Tomorrowland reject. The ride itself isn't bad, but the theme is awful in my opinion. It doesn't need anything elaborate, in my opinion, just a whole new look. And in this case, the simpler the better.

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

i agree maliboomer is in desprate need of a retheme expecially with the new victorian look. keep the theme simple and dont enclose it.. i like looking out at the park as far as what theme should it be.. just keep it orignal no movie or character tie ins.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I think two free-fall rides are one too many.

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Maliboomer is a typical boardwalk or 'amusement' park type of ride. The budget used on it is not too high. You see many of those in simple carnivals as well. Nothing special about it. Since you just go up and down pretty fast.

You cannot even compare it to the Tower of Terror. Because ToT is different from Maliboomer.

Yes, Disney should remove the Maliboomer and replaced with a much better attraction. Also expand the area once it is the removed for more space management.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I think that it's just to tall to be themed to anything "Victorian" and not stand out like a sore thumb. If they were to do the clocktower thing, they should sink int into the ground a bit in order to avoid this. The reason they won't do that is because that would defeat the whole purpose of the ride.

I do wonder though what they would replace it with. I question that area of the parks need for another dark ride. We will just have to see.

• Blue Skywalker

I don't understand why they would replace it with a parachute ride when that's what Jellyfish is. Are they going to close Jellyfish? Or have a kids' parachute and adult parachute? Didn't the parachute ride at Knott's close?

I don't want to see another repeat of a ride that's already there. We already have Silly Symphony Swing, Zephyr and Flik's Flyer repeating. Granted, kids like them, but surely kids like other rides as well.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    'Skip - Sounds like you gave a lot of consideration to the theme and time period, but did you ever consider that seeing the view of how high up you are is the whole point and what makes this aslightly different experience from ToT.
    At one point in time I gave it a lot of thought. MG had mentioned that Sun Wheel, Screamin, and Maliboomer really do anything to establish a theme on the pier.

I had discussed using an avation inventor character to explain the launch sequence on Screamin, and thereby provide Screamin a theme. I then went slightly farther and proposed turning Boomer into a lighthouse or clock tower. A clock tower would be a better fit because inventors like to tinker with things that have gears... The basic premise was that they built a clock tower but in order to get up there they designed a steam powered, pressurized elevator system. Once the clock was completed the elevator was then used to transport VIP visitors to the top of the tower to enjoy the view. The only "issue" is that the pressure isn't consistent and sometimes drops out. From a design perspective it would basically require the construction of a clock and roof at the top of the tower, removal of the fabric rocket theme, paint, and stylistic redesign of the seats. The queue of would be full of various size gears and other clock related parts. Due to the excentric nature of inventors it would then make sense that the character wanted to tinker with the exces gears... and so the Sun Wheel was born. It's queue would have much larger gears and other "spare parts".

All of this was of course before the current decision was made to just throw characters at everything.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast