Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Oriental Land Company To Help Finance Disneyland Star Tours 2.0

themeparkinsider.com/flume/200906/1248

screamscape.com/html/disneyland.htm

MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...

With the combined cash investment of the Walt Disney Company and Japan's OLC, the Imagineers will be flush with the financing to do anything they desire when they design and build Star Tours 2.0. Since this still hasn't occurred as of yet, I am labeling the news a rumor...even though it is "for all intents and purposes" a done deal. The contract will likely be signed soon. We should expect a 3-D projection system and a ride that is chock full of in-cabin special effects.

The timeline of events should occur between Episode 3 and 4. The starting (25 film sequences), middle (25 film sequences) and ending (25 film sequences) segments would be random. This means the uniqueness of each individual ride will be subject to an entire universe of varying combinations! StarTours...Ride Fresh!

Can't wait for the exciting combined debut in May, 2011 of Star Tours 2.0 and the Little Mermaid E-Ticket!

^.....^.....^
    Our frearles and artistic leader, Dusty, did a Fab-tabulous job on this StarWars image.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 07-09-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Links to non partner sites removed per board policy
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Re: Oriental Land Company To Help Finance Disneyland Star Tours 2.0

No....way.... AWESOME!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• I'm not really here

Don't know how I feel about the 3d... there simply isn't enough parallax in the movie to make the 3d work without it being cheap "jump off the screen" gimmicks. Unless they are simply going for a "real-d" approach to it, which could work depending on what the film is exactly.

Everything else I am 100% happy on.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

It seems like a stretch to me...

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Sounds nice but I personally am not too exicted as I probably wont be able to ride it anyways unless they have a toned down milder version for disabled people but maybe ill be able to enjoy a new queue preshow...........

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Banned User

I'm more excited to hear that Disney is going to make a big investment into this.

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

very cool

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Randomly generated trips would be fantastic! I could spend the whole day on this one ride if it traveled to multiple destinations.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    I especially love your halo smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Don't know how I feel about the 3d... there simply isn't enough parallax in the movie to make the 3d work without it being cheap "jump off the screen" gimmicks. Unless they are simply going for a "real-d" approach to it, which could work depending on what the film is exactly.

Everything else I am 100% happy on.
    Perhaps you've nailed the approach they will use, mycroft..."real-d". It will be interesting to wait and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    I'm more excited to hear that Disney is going to make a big investment into this.
    You and me both, WestsideCM. This investment will be the BIG difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
    very cool
    Cooler than cool, even!

Hmm...I've never had the fortune of riding Star Tours..(Shame, I know) so I wouldn't know the difference.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Sounds nice but I personally am not too exicted as I probably wont be able to ride it anyways unless they have a toned down milder version for disabled people but maybe ill be able to enjoy a new queue preshow...........
    I am personally going to make the suggestion to Disneyland management that a toned down version be offered for the disabled...even though their ears are often "def" to such suggestions. You are correct that the new queue will be in and of itself a marvelous new attraction. Your good nature is extremely inspiring, GothicManor.

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    It seems like a stretch to me...
    The ride will be so riviting that you will be doing anything but stretching and yawning by the ride's end.

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    No....way.... AWESOME!
    WAY! Awesome plus some!

Quote Originally Posted by aduecey View Post
    Randomly generated trips would be fantastic! I could spend the whole day on this one ride if it traveled to multiple destinations.
    We will likely meet up as I will be riding for hours at a time, too.

Wow... it is actually happening! We are receiving something that Tokyo is getting at the same time!!!!!

OLC seriously rocks.

• I'm not really here

^^ Seriously:

A very big thank you to the Oriental Land Company for making this happen.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    ^^ Seriously:

A very big thank you to the Oriental Land Company for making this happen.
    ^^ A serious AMEN to that.

Quote Originally Posted by RocknGuitar View Post
    Wow... it is actually happening! We are receiving something that Tokyo is getting at the same time!!!!!

OLC seriously rocks.
    ROCK ON, OLC!!!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast