• Minion

Some quick questions?

I might be going soon for the first time in a couple of years. Here are my questions:

1. Did Indy ever get any kind of mainteance? I remember reading that it was having troubles in early 2008.

2. How has the mainteance, cleanliness, general upkeep of the parks and attractions been?

3. How is the new fireworks show?

4. What have crowds been like this summer?

5. When will the new Lincoln attraction open?

Thanks

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Some quick questions?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I might be going soon for the first time in a couple of years. Here are my questions:
    Go ahead, shoot!

1. Did Indy ever get any kind of mainteance? I remember reading that it was having troubles in early 2008.
    I believed it was closed for a short persio of time. Not sure for what, I am guessing for some little refurb.

2. How has the mainteance, cleanliness, general upkeep of the parks and attractions been?
    It's been good.

3. How is the new fireworks show?
    I hear mixed reaction about it. It's no "Remember..... Dreams Come True," but it has it's moments.

4. What have crowds been like this summer?
    It's crowded due to what I believe is because of the Summer Fun Pass.

5. When will the new Lincoln attraction open?
    In the Fall.

Thanks
    You're welcome!

• Banned User

All rides get periodical refubs and minor shut downs for a few days if needed.

Mr. Lincoln is scheduled to return early December. Check the stickied Disneyland Tracker thread as it is updated with all current and future projects for Disneyland like refurbs, Rivers of America draining, and the Star Tours II.

• Banned User

I hear that if you go when the AP is blocked out, the crowds are more than reasonable. But when the AP is active, even a weekday is theme park hell. So some saturdays will be better than a monday. Go figure.

• Keep Moving Forward

The crowds were pretty busy back in June, but once the So Cal passholders became blocked, the parks saw a significant dip in attendance. Right now it's not unusual for Indy or Space Mountain to have a wait time of 45 minutes (sometimes less) during the day. Of course, that will change when the So Cal blockouts are lifted on August 15th, but until then the crowds aren't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I hear that if you go when the AP is blocked out, the crowds are more than reasonable. But when the AP is active, even a weekday is theme park hell. So some saturdays will be better than a monday. Go figure.
    So, a Saturday, such as Aug 1, shouldn't be tooooo crowded, right? Because most of the passholders don't won't have access.

• Minion

I always thought that saturdays would be more crowded, thanks for the advice.

Indy, in my opinion, is still rideable, but nowhere near the condition it could be. On my last couple (plural) of rides, the boulder room did not move back, resulting in a terrible show. Multiple crucial effects in the ride are not functioning properly including various fire and steam blasts in the big room, and it seems to have stopped during the ride much more recently due to a backup of jeeps going through the scenes. Despite it all, it is still a great ride.

Otherwise the attractions and the park in general is in great condition, Peter Pan and Snow White just got refurbs.

I have not seen the new show yet, at least not up close.

The crowds have been minimal this past week due to intense heat, I waited 20 minutes for Indy a couple days ago.

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by RocknGuitar View Post
    Indy, in my opinion, is still rideable, but nowhere near the condition it could be. On my last couple (plural) of rides, the boulder room did not move back, resulting in a terrible show. Multiple crucial effects in the ride are not functioning properly including various fire and steam blasts in the big room, and it seems to have stopped during the ride much more recently due to a backup of jeeps going through the scenes. Despite it all, it is still a great ride.
    Yeah, & don't look too closely at the Indy AA's ... they need a little TLC, but ya gotta love um!!