Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Who's your DaddyB?

DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop Photo Update" for MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!!!

A nice little photo update from last week. So much has already been reported by Darkbeer and other fine folks who visit more often that I do, but there are a couple good photos here that you might want to download as desktop wallpaper images for your computer.

(click on the pictures above, or: )
    http://www.visionsfantastic.com/dadd..._03_Update.htm
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Shubisha

Re: DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop Photo Update" for MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!!!

Heavens to murgatroid..a hidden "M"ickey

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Re: DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop Photo Update" for MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!!!

Excellent as always. Thank you.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

good stuff DaddyB!!

• white and nerdy

I think I remember hearing that the rabbit and owl statues were placed to hide something from the fireworks show... I don't know what they could be, but...

anyone?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Who's your DaddyB?

The columns that the statues are sitting on are to conceal the projectors for the fireworks show... but there was really no reason to stick the statues up there. The columns are bad enough.

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• For old time sake

I think the animals look alot better on there than them being plain and out of place. Not sure what else they could have done. Perhaps a column that moves from underground?

Great pics Daddyb!!!!! Always a pleasure to see your pictures
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Resident DL'er

Best dl photography on the net...another great update.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Great again daddyb!
    I'm using the monorail shot (what a neat one!) as my desktop, even though it's not desktop sized. Couldn't resist!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I think the animal statues are projectors for special effects in a show or something.

• Banned User

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank
    you for doing these updates week after week...

I'm going thru a really rough time at work... I'm
    actually being laid off due to our department closing
    (and I'm not having that great of luck finding another job)
    and it is so nice to be able to count on these updates
    every Monday morning to have something worthwhile
    to come to the office to see... you bring a little life
    to me each Monday and I want to thank you so much
    for taking me to my home away from home - although
    it is short and from a great distance - I appreciated
    it so much!

• Who's your DaddyB?

Thanks SO much for those really kind words MSEPLightningBug. I've been there myself, and I can only hand out hope for you finding a new job. Sometimes a layoff ends up being the best thing in the world (the last time I got laid off, I ended up making $10,000 more per year in my new job and had NO lapse between jobs) and sometimes it really, really sucks (I was once out of a job for almost 2 years). But someone's always watching out for us, and we get by. "Getting by" sometimes isn't much fun, but well, it's "getting by". Those times do pass, and you end up looking back and realize you found your way through and wonder how you got through it.

You keep watching for my updates. I'll keep you in my prayers.

DaddyB

• Disneyland Freak

They serve no purpose but to exemplify the Placemaking project spreading around the resort. The animals were a great touch, I thought, and are clearly in the style of Sleeping Beauty to whom the castle belongs which adds even more bonus points for me.

As for a decent shot from that thing... I don't think very many cameras could fit the entire castle in the shot from there without a wide-angeled lense. I certainly can't... I barely get the entire castle with a snippet of water taking the picure from the railings

As for the reason... other than to enchance themeing and because it just looks nicer, they kinda give the otherwise "pointless" looking columns a reason for being there thematically. I heard the main reason for their placement was because people were trying to stand on the columns during the parades.

Oh yea and nice update
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Super saucy pixie!

I look forward to these every week! They're beautiful. So very well done. You make Mondays easier to take!

• Senior Minion

Thanks DaddyB for the photos of the Sub Lagoon, The progress interests me. Also great shot of the Monorail, astounding and magical. Keep it up!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast