Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Hello again!

Re: Seasoned WDW traveler going to DL for the 1st time!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Nah, they are very different. The only thing that really connects them is both 'finding nemo' and they both use similar tech in places. The ride experiences are very different. I'd say don't waste your time if you've seen 'The Seas with Nemo and Friends' if you only cared which is better, but some things you just gotta experience
    I should say they use somewhat similar scripts with events happening in different order for the video projection portions of the rides, but yes are different experiences for sure. They are at least more similar than the Tiki Rooms are!

• Banned User

I'm pretty sure that you'll get a kick out of our much smaller walkways.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Hit Indy, Indy, Indy. The greatest attraction at any North American Disney park, hands down.

Pirates is also a must. The version at WDW is dramatically watered down and you should experience the full version.

Explore Fantasyland-ours is so much more detailed than the WDW counterpart.

Also take some time to have lunch somewhere in New Orleans Square. Don't worry about wasting time for a sit-down meal-you'll be glad you did.

Space Mountain, the subs, Matterhorn, and Fantasmic! are also musts.

I recommend you skip DCA.

That's pretty much it...have a fun time.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    There is ONE Fireworks show and TWO Fantasmic Shows. Hope that helps.

That's what I had understood...so why did FFGirl15 write this...
    *Fireworks. Depending on when you're going, you have a chance to see two fireworks shows. If you're going in the summer, you'll be able to see Magical. This spectacular celebrates the magic of classic Disney characters and features, for the first time in Disney park history, Dumbo flying over the castle. If you're going after the summer, then you'll get to experience the phenomenal Remember...Dreams Come True show. This show is a 17 minute tribute to the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. It's a MUST SEE!

So...what is "Magical"....and what is "Remember...Dreams Come True"????

Heya and congrats on your first trip to Disneyland!

I grew up going to WDW frequently, but then moved out to CA and fell in love with Disneyland. You are in for a real treat!

Not to be missed, IMHO:

The Enchanted Tiki Room - Walt's original and SOOO much better than the terrible WDW redo.

Indian Jones - One of the best rides Disney has done. You'll recognize the ride technology from Dinosaur at the AK.

Pirates of the Carribean - Infinitely more detailed than its WDW counterpart.

Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - I know a lot of people might disagree, but for me this is a must for you. Its quaint and different and very Disneyland.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - A classic.

Alice in Wonderland - One of the best Fantasyland dark rides.

Storybookland Canal Boats - again, very Disneyland.

It's a Small World - brand new with characters tastefully layered in.

Matterhorn Bobsleds

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - same story, but better experience than The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Space Mountain

Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

I love DCA, but since EPCOT has Soarin' now...there currently really isn't a special DCA only must see attraction over there.

MOST OF ALL !!! Take the time to walk slowly and enjoy the beauty of the park. It is INFINITELY more beautiful and intimate than any of the Florida parks (with the exception of maybe the AK). I always marvel at the way they can get so many attraction in so small a space.

IF you have time - I would strongly reccommend dinner at the Blue Bayou.

have a great time!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

You'll get everything done in time, no problem, if you want to have dinner at Blue Bayou.

That is, if all you want to do is stuff that's unique to DL.

EDIT: Make sure you make time for Splash also -- it's quite different from the WDW version.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Hit Indy, Indy, Indy. The greatest attraction at any North American Disney park, hands down.
    Can someone refresh my memory? I think it was Indiana Jones that I went on many years ago (shortly after it opened), and it had some "variations". I think this is the ride that was so rough on your neck that I literally had to hold my child's head because I was worried that he'd get whiplash or "shaken child syndrome"...Is my memory right?

Is the ride still this rough? Or did they tone that part down a bit. I just remember being scared that my young son would be permanently injured from having his head whipped around.
    Last edited by jlauer95; 07-10-2009 at 03:09 PM.

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

Indy and Splash have Single Rider passes. They are a must-use during busy times! If you can split up from your group and meet at the ext, its a much better choice than fastpass, since you dont have to go back to that area during your fastpass time.
    I wouldnt say skip Peter, because WDW people say that flying in the Star room is not in WDW, and is a must see. Just try and make that your first stop if you can get there at opening!
    I personally would skip eating at Blue Bayou, its really cool, but you can see the place from the Pirates ride, and it is really pricey! The lunch entrees are approx. $30 eacy, and dinner goes up.
    It is a fun experience, but you may want to spend your time in an outdoor eating area, to really see the park.
    If you dont get a waterside table at BB, its not worth it IMHO.

We are also visiting DLR for the first time after 30+ trips to Disney World.

We will have one day in early August. Would you recommend visiting on a Friday or a Saturday (Saturday is an annual pass blackout day)

Thanks for the advice already posted!

Everyone else has given great advice, but a couple little details I love.

Try to see its a small world at night. They do light shows on the facade, especially when a train passes. I was really shocked when I went to WDW to see you don't have the same show building.

Fantasyland in general benefited greatly from the redo they did in 1983. New, better themed facades, and better layout, I think. I want to steal your Mickey's Philharmagic, though!
    "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
    made of hopes and childhood fantasies
    A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
    A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
    Young at Heart"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12