• SuperDork

Going to DL on 11/17-11/21..Need advice

I hope it isn't too crazy! Does anyone know the weather usually at this time of year? I live in No. Cal and it is usually quite lovely here, but can be cold. Please share any info on the crowds during the pre-Thanksgiving days..our dates have us arriving the Thursday prior to Thanksgiving and staying until the Monday before Turkey day. I usually visit in June and during the week before Christmas....how do crowds relate?
    THanks in advance for any tips, etc.
    Jen

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: Going to DL on 11/17-11/21..Need advice

November can be quiet (kiddies are in school). Especially during the week (Sun - Thurs), so crouds shouldn't be a big issue. However, Saturday crouds have been keeping up with the Summer, STILL! Quite busy. Make Saturday a 'relax' day, or a DCA day.

As for the weather, it will be nice during the day. 60-70s However, the nights can drop into the 50s, so be sure to bring a jacket.
    -Monorail Man

• My Children's Father

Rain is possible, but not too likely. Last year it snowed where I live (about 60 miles East of DL) and rained at the lower elevations on the Saturday before Thanksgiving (your timeframe). Check Accuweather.com before you pack ..... you may need ponchos. Of course, if you want to buy one of those Mickey ponchos ........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    November can be quiet (kiddies are in school). Especially during the week (Sun - Thurs), so crouds shouldn't be a big issue. However, Saturday crouds have been keeping up with the Summer, STILL! Quite busy. Make Saturday a 'relax' day, or a DCA day.

As for the weather, it will be nice during the day. 60-70s However, the nights can drop into the 50s, so be sure to bring a jacket.
    Unlike in previous years, all or most schools in SoCal will be out the entire TG week. This may make things more crowded than in the past.