• Minion

Expectations of Disneyland

Sorry if you think this is a rumour or update thread its just some questions.

I have not been to Disneyland in quite a long time and will be going twice this year, because you just have to make up all the lost time right !

Anyway I am really excited for the new Finding Nemo Submarine ride since i have never ridden the original sub ride and was curious to know how cool or exciting the ride is and what you guys think about it.

Also i have seen Fantasmic! at WDW but is the show better here at Disneyland and how does it work??? Does it have its own stage area or shown in the Rivers of America?

Those are my only two questions for now and your help in answering them will be very appreciative. Thank You! And of course the random comment and idea doesnt hurt!
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Re: Expectations of Disneyland

I may be in the minority here, but I quite like the Nemo subs. I would advise you to ride it within a half hour of the park opening though because the line can get very, very long. I don't mind waiting 15-30 minutes for it. I like the projections they used on the attraction (similar to The Seas with Nemo at Epcot) though I prefer the Nemo Subs to The Seas with Nemo. I don't think it's worth waiting more than 30 minutes for, but I didn't feel that way about the old subs either. I recommend doing it so you can decide for yourself whether or not you like it.

I've never watched Fantasmic at WDW and as long as it plays at Disneyland, I won't. I'd much rather see Peter Pan fight Captain Hook at Disneyland than Pocahantas at WDW. I did see a brief video on WDW resort TV of the finale of Fantasmic at DHS and I laughed out loud at what passed for the "steamboat." It's incredibly difficult to top the site of Steamboat Willie rounding the bend at the Rivers of America piloting the Mark Twain. Disneyland does not have the stadium to see Fantasmic, but I'm beginning to think that the seating for Fantasmic at DHS has as many issues, just in a different way from Disneyland. If the show is playing twice, it's much, much easier to see the second show.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

The TSI barn/house whatever you wanna call it is used as the backdrop of the main stage area.

I've also never seen the WDW Fantasmic!, but from what I've heard Disneylan'd version knocks it out of the water.

If you can, try to visit TSI during the day. The transformation of the island at night is just breath-taking and it's always nice to know that just a few hours ago you had been standing there in the middle of the magic.

If you look closely, you'll see the individual openings in the surface of the "stage."

I think the fact that the stage is also an attraction greatly adds to the mystical effect of the production.

As for the subs, I would suggest not waiting more than the said 15-30 minutes just to be safe. You might like it, and you might hate it.

Personally I'm caught in the middle. While I like the concept, I feel they could have carried it out in a much better way.

For example, many (of not all) of the nemo sequences are simply video segments projected seemingly underwater.

If you are a big AA junkie this ride is a complete disappointment.

• Minion

So if they are simulated do you see any of the actual water or anything??? From what you guys have said seems pointless to even have the ride go underwater if its all computerized.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Banned User

I think Nemo is harshly judged for reasons outside of the actual ride (eg, out of theme, replaced a classic, etc.) but when judging the ride itself, it's pretty entertaining. There are a lot less cheesy underwater AAs doing limited movements and a lot more 'sets' with screens that show the characters and movement. I like the way it's been presented.

I've only seen YouTube videos of WDW's Fantasmic, but I'm 100% sure Disneyland's is better. The Mark Twain alone trumps all.

I Like Nemo but for me it's not a thing I have to do every time I go to park. Since you never rode the original, you won't have that bias. Do ride it first thing. The queue fills up fast and you could end up waiting a good hour to ride it. In the afternoon, that's a lot of time to bake under the sun.