Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Frozen lemonade addict!

Indiana queue question

Does anyone know if the room with the falling pillars ever worked? If so, was it just noise when you stepped on a tile or did the tile actually move?
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mugen80/
    http://jjhernandez.smugmug.com

• Laughing Place Finder

Re: Indiana queue question

I'm don't recall any falling pillars booby-trap in the queue.

I rode Indy quite a bit during its preview and soft opening back in 1995 and don't recall anything like this. Since this was pre-Fastpass days it was a guaranteed 90+ minute wait every time you rode it. With all the ride breakdowns this queue was super-slow moving compared to how it is now. Guests in the queue all had plenty of time to check out every boobby trap in the queue. The only ones I recall were the bamboo pole bringing the ceiling down and the "do not pull" rope in the round temple.

It was common to get near the loading area and have the ride close due to mechanical failure. This ride set my personal record for most walk-off ride evacuations due to all the breakdowns.

I once had enough AT&T Mara-glyph decoder cards to wallpaper my dorm room. Sadly I didn't think to hang onto these...
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Functional & Decorative

Echoing and verifying the above, I don't believe the falling pillars ever actually did anything, either. Just the pole and rope.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Banned User

As an Indy CM I can confirm that these never did anything, if you look up you can notice that Indy himself has jammed some bamboo and rope up there to keep the bricks from completely falling out onto your head. I always though that this was a brilliant contribution to the queue that made the guests feel like they were part of this big expedition.

• I'm not really here

Yeah, i always love watching kids trying to get something to happen after the bamboo pole room. It's just another "gag" in the queue, but this time Indy has stopped up the works.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Cars Land Rocks!

You do get the sound effect, but nothing moves. Still my favorite queue at any Disney park.

• Frozen lemonade addict!

Thanks for the confirmation guys!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mugen80/
    http://jjhernandez.smugmug.com

• We Go On.

I don't recall anything actually happening in the hall of descending blocks, sound or otherwise.

All I know is it's got to be my favorite queue. Call me naive and new, but what happens if you pull the rope or do the stepping blocks thingy?

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

My memory may be hazy, since I last rode Indy in '98 and first in '95 shortly after it opened. There was one room with spikes in the ceiling that came down about a foot, triggered by the bamboo pole. There was also sound that played simulating something above falling as the spikes protruded.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• "I Break Things"

I apologize. I had meant to write this sooner but honestly forgot about it!

WDI initially considered having moving blocks above the Guests that would be triggered by stepping on the diamond stones. The reason this never happened is that they feared Guests would get their fingers stuck and or injured by trying to investigate the stones. All it would take is a couple teens goofing off and suddenly it's a lawsuit.

Some time ago I had a conversation with 2 individuals from WDI about the possibility of adding air jets and beam sensors to the queue. The jets would give short blasts of air from square border around the pillar when the beam was broken. The beam would be concealed, and on a timed sequence to only go off after every 5 or 6 minutes... Two issues were presented. #1 that area continually backs up with the current Film Room configuration. #2 difficulty in installing air jets and required compresser in given area... but it is something they liked and said they "may" consider. Not something I would be on though.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Future Imagineer! =D

Last time I went to the park and pulled the bamboo pole in the room with the skeletons the ceiling still came down and there were still scary effects
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Hello

Cool Re: Indiana queue question

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    All it would take is a couple teens goofing off and suddenly it's a lawsuit.
    I HATE,HATE,HATE when people say that. It could be anyone, but no, you have to say teens. We are not all that way!!!

• Banned User

I always love it when I'm in the dome and theres the sign that says "DO NOT PULL THE ROPE" and then I do it and theres always a yougling who goes to their mom and is lie "Mommy! That guy just pulled the rope!! He wasn't supposed to do that!" LMAO so cute.

• DL podcaster

just goes to show you that the way you get people to do things is by telling them not to...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast