Post Thoughts on my recent visit to DL.

Hello All,

I just thought I would share some thoughts on my recent trip to DL.

First a little background: Until 3 years ago, I was visiting the park once a year. After my last visit, all the negative news of park maintenance, budget cuts, the closure of Space Mountain, etc.. I decided to hold off visiting until the 50th anniversary. So, I just went this past weekend, and I thought I would share some thoughts on all the updates that have occurred since my last visit.

My visit to the park was on Saturday, and coincidently fell on the GayDays weekend. While I am not phobic by any means, I just wasn't sure what to expect. This turned out to be a very pleasant experience. Also, I expected the park to be much more crowded on Saturday but the crowds and lines were not very bad at all.

My first ride was Sapce Mountain. I was so impressed with the smoothness of the new track. I had read it and heard 1st hand accounts of this before, but I really didn't think it would be so noticeable. I noticed the Astroid in place of the old red soccerball thing.. and I while I was a big fan of the old Dick Dale sound track -- I am very happy with the new music!! Thumbs up for Space! I am going to be a little critical of the new queue however. I realize this all comes down to personal taste, but as nice as the new queue looks, it just doesn't conjure up images of futurism, space and sci-fi for me. The old blue floor, and blue lights were very mysterious and even somewhat ominous to me. It really gave me a feeling of being in a space ship. The new look though, while it is great that it is clean and new, just doesn't feel very spaceship like to me. I think my biggest problem is the bright multicolored halogen lights in the hallways. It seems very discotheque to me.

Next, Buzz Light Year: Cool ride, well done. I really enjoyed it. No complaints.

Jungle Cruise 2.0: I am aware of the debate between serious vs. jokes -- I'm not even going to comment on that. The effects were a great addition. I thought they did a really nice job on this. I was impressed with all the new AAs they added. Quality stuff -- esp. the Gorillas. Unfortunately Schweizer(sp?) falls was not working at all when I rode, and that was a little odd.

Whinnie The Poo: I had read some horrible things about this ride. Everyone seemed to be down on this ride because it is a low budget dark ride. Maybe it's because I was not expecting anything at all, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It's not a great ride -- but it's another ride, and kids will enjoy it. Looking past the obvious -- that they could have done what Tokyo did -- I think it makes a nice addition to the park.

TomorrowLand Paint Scheme: YAY -- Brass/Bronze was depressing -- This will do.

Fireworks: I didnt see much of them But what I did see looked great. It had the Fantasmic feelto them. What great entertainment!

Last, but not least, The DOLE WHIP!!!! -- (It's new to me)
    I had one after reading and reading and reading about these things. Anyway, my friends and I really enjoyed the Dole Whips!! I'm looking forward to another soon.

Thats it. we had a great time! I kept my eyes peeled for micechatters whos photos I have seen online but no such luck. Maybe next time I will meet some of you. :-)
    Ryborg

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Thoughts on my recent visit to DL.

Thanks for sharing!
    We will catch ya next time
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

I am glad everything went great for your first return visit.
    Does that mean you will be returning????
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

AM I the only one who regrets not getting a Dole whip a during my last visit to disneyland??? (runs out of the room crying)

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    AM I the only one who regrets not getting a Dole whip a during my last visit to disneyland??? (runs out of the room crying)
    I don't think I've ever had one. Everytime I walk by and think about getting one, the stand is either closed (late at night) or packed with guests
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I don't think I've ever had one. Everytime I walk by and think about getting one, the stand is either closed (late at night) or packed with guests
    Yes, it's always packed. The saddest part is that there's always ONE cast member working the stand. I think there should be two to handle the crowds...

I'm glad you had a great time at DLR! I hope you come back again...
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --