Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MC, this is LD

Re: Grand Canyon Diorama question

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimGrinner View Post
    I would doubt they would use an actual "Projector" for such a projection, so I wouldn't blame you for not seeing it in a walk through. Most likely, they are using a spot light, just like all the other lights, and it has a filter on it with a rainbow painted on this filter.

Now this part is speculation, and I could be wrong: I would think that the "brightness" to the rainbow would be either to the degree of the lightbulbs brightness, OR the strong light could cause the filter to fade and the change this filter every now and then when they go through to change bulbs. I could only imagine a box of rainbow filters sitting somewhere along the catwalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimGrinner View Post
    Okay, did a quick google search. They most likely use something similar to what Gobos, Custom Gobos, Wedding Gobos, Gobo Projectors, Glass Gobos sells. On their front page they only show black and white projections, but if you go through the website, you can see some color ones too.

Bingo! Your theory is most likely correct! I want to assume the rainbow was added after the Primeval World opened in 1966. I also want to assume the fixture and gobo used was a Source Four (S4) throwing an Apollo Design rainbow gobo.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Moderator Note:

Please remember to keep this thread on topic. Any posts that wander to far from the original intent of the thread or tread to closely to political grounds may be moved to the litterbox.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Legends never die...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
    If I had to criticize it, I'd say that it is too much shaped like half a circle, and not enough like an arch.
    Actually, rainbows ARE circular! You just can't tell because of the horizon.

I'll have to look again at the diorama, but to me it looks painted...

A gobo (a metal cutout which is used to create a design in light, for those who don't know) in a Source 4 would rarely fade as people attest that it has. It would most likely die out if anything.
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12