• now on the mainland

Sad Last visit for a looooong time

I'm out of Virginia (WOO-HOO!) and have been enjoying a 3-week layover in SoCal till I fly to my new home in Hawaii. However tomorrow (Tuesday) will be my last visit to the park for at least 18 months (4 years at the worst). I'm bummed that I won't get to see the developement of Disneyland's renaissance as you all will over the next several months, but keep posting those pics!
    Tomorrow when I'm at Disneyland I will remember that there are others who would like to be here, but can't. There are fellow Californians in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia who sit in a dark cold 40 degree building (wonderful gov't designing) with no windows working 12 hours every single day who would give anything to spend a day in the warm SoCal sun at the Happiest Place on Earth.
    When I return, perhaps I will get to meet with some of you again and we will ride the Subs and maybe, just maybe the new Peoplemover!

• Banned User

Re: Last visit for a looooong time

AWWWWWWWWW Thank you! I hope you have the best time!! I know that for me this may be my last visit in april since my parents are elderly and I care for them and my nephew who is severly handicapped. ( he was born normal but got a bad DPT shot that caused him to seizure) He is now 21 and I care for all three every day 7 days a week. I love them so its no burdon, but yep, I pray I can get to disneyland in April and take my Rachal who I took in August of last year but we did not have a good time. My son would not go no where near the park after the second day there. He got scared of all the people and he would not ( really) go no where near the park. we sdpent our time in the pool at the motel when we went to san diego to go to the zoo and sea world he did not want that either. So yep the pool again for 2 more days
    I so want to go in April, I want to take my rachal and let us both go wild and have an awsome time.with my aging parents and such we may never have this chance ever again
    Please take lots of pictures ( I love night shots to ) and know I wish I was with ya and I am thinking of you on the great rides

• Rock Star Minion

Enjoy it! Make it last! And you know where to find us.

[green] Yeah, enjoy your "imprisonment" in Hawaii. Sucks to be you, fer sure.[/green]

Heck, you're halfway to Tokyo DL. Might as well save up for that trip, if possible.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Man_In_HI
    I'm out of Virginia (WOO-HOO!) and have been enjoying a 3-week layover in SoCal till I fly to my new home in Hawaii. However tomorrow (Tuesday) will be my last visit to the park for at least 18 months (4 years at the worst). I'm bummed that I won't get to see the developement of Disneyland's renaissance as you all will over the next several months, but keep posting those pics!
    Tomorrow when I'm at Disneyland I will remember that there are others who would like to be here, but can't. There are fellow Californians in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia who sit in a dark cold 40 degree building (wonderful gov't designing) with no windows working 12 hours every single day who would give anything to spend a day in the warm SoCal sun at the Happiest Place on Earth.
    When I return, perhaps I will get to meet with some of you again and we will ride the Subs and maybe, just maybe the new Peoplemover!
    Have fun and ride everything you can. Try to catch a ride on Haunted Mansion holiday too.

• =)

The park will miss you! But what a way to go...man...you can't go to Disneyland because you'll be living in Hawaii...the way I see it, you're still not that bad off.

• now on the mainland

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to go to Hawaii. I'm not the least bit upset about that. Compared to Virginia it's way better (well then again, just about anywhere is way better than Virginia). I'm just going to miss Disneyland. I've made 3 trips in the past nine months to California (more out of necessity than convience) from Virginia, and as a result have used up too much vacation time. This is a wonderful time to frequent the park and see all the changes. All of us have waited so long to see Disneyland return to its former glory. I just wish I could see all the changes develop. But on the other hand, when I return it will be like seeing Disneyland for the first time again (as noted recently by Kevin Yee).

BTW-Good point Sediment, I am halfway to Tokyo Disneyland!

• The Unknown Princess

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Man_In_HI
    Alooooooooooooooha. Bring some of that Disney magic to the Islands. I wish I could go there. Next year won't be soon enough. Sounds like someone is getting stationed here. Drop me a PM if you need any information. A Hui Hou (until next time).
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• With my wife....

At least you can get some Dole Whip in Hawaii! I know, it's no ride on Space Mtn, but take it as some small consolation.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney