Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• "I Break Things"

Re: big thunder mountain down times

Quote Originally Posted by OCBear View Post
    BTMRR broke down yesterday while I was on it. We stopped right on the 3rd lift. Then we heard an announcement telling everyone in line to turn around and go out the way they came. I have been in line before when it has broken down and it is usually very civil.

Then a couple of CM's came and got us out one row at a time and we waited on the stairs until everyone was out of the train. Then we got to walk out of the ride with the lights on! Down the 1st lift where the water is. It was so cool, better then riding the ride, getting a behind the scenes tour! Then they gave the whole group a FP for another ride.

I kinda think we broke the ride, I was there with a Bear group, 26-28 big men all on 1 train! They said someone stood up and it shut everything down, but not sure.
    B Lift for me was the worst place to evac. It is by far the longest walk up that lift... and it never fails, the train is usually at the very top but just under the yellow line! If someone did stand up the CM in Tower spiel, and depending on the Guest's reaction they hit the EStop. CM's are trained to err on the side of caution.

The one thing that used to really upset me is people attempting a "hi five" in the station. The CM at dispatch will hit a station stop if they see it... and this could cause the train to time out (not enough momentum for the train to reach the next sensor) So 30 minute downtime because someone wanted to reach out and slap a hand! Standing up was another one that always upset me. The entire queue, and everyone riding on the other trains, had their experience cut short due to the selfish act of an individual. They would usually get the biggest guys to evac the train with the "stander" on it. Most times we could hear the various Guests on the train cussing and yelling at the person before we even got there. Security was always called, and it was up to them and Management as to if the individual was tossed out of the park.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by OCBear View Post

We also got stuck on POTC earlier before the drop and had to rock the boat until we finally went down! We hit the bottom and scraped! What a day!
    That is so epic and must have taken a lot of team work.

"heev, hooo, hee----whoahhh!!!" *splash* *scrape*

Oh, and how in the world do you manage to stand up on those tight BTMRR carts? Either that person is REALLY skinny or the loading CMs weren't doing there job.

Whenever I ride they always make sure the bar is set as low as possible to the point where it's impossible for me to attempt standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Oh, and how in the world do you manage to stand up on those tight BTMRR carts? Either that person is REALLY skinny or the loading CMs weren't doing there job.
    It pretty much just takes a skinny person to ride with a larger person. I've rode with larger friends and the lap bar is no where close to holding me in. Same for kids with parents, they can move around/stand up/lap sit (of course causing the ride to stop).

I'm kinda surprised they haven't switched to seats with two seperate lap bars like a lot of coasters have. Although I know big companies like Disney have to wait until someone gets hurt or killed from standing up, and then will make a change. Right now it's all based off "human reaction" if a CM sees someone standing they stop everything. It's worked out great so far but I'd hate to see what would (will) happen if a CM looks away from the screen for 2 seconds.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 07-13-2009 at 10:55 AM.
    -Wes

• Minion

morale of the story: STAY SEATED!!!!
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Why does it break every night at about 8:30?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12